Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Will someone please tell this poor spam bot which toners and primers are best for oily skin? Poor thing’s obviously desperate to know! 

(Seriously though, BIC’s tech team needs to figure out how to stop this. UGH.)

bender-shopping-1.jpg

The one weekend I have time to be on BIC and it’s taken over by bots! Dang it!! 🤬🤬🤬

@tsavorite omg is this honestly happening AGAIN?! 

Aaand they're back and at it againsephora_spam.PNG

When Chrome offers to translate for me as the page is loading, I know it's going to be bad 🤦

Here we go...and still only posts in oily skin 

@RNGesusPls 

and no solution this time, right? The spam and report buttons aren’t working 🤬

Try Chrome on desktop? Marking as spam and report buttons are working for me!

@RNGesusPls  that means I have to go off mobile and grab my laptop buuut because this spambot is so annoying, I will do just that! 😉

@tsavorite @GG84 Thanks to you and the others for the warning. I’ve stopped marking spam. Didn’t we have an option to do that at one point without opening the thread?  I feel like we did.

@Indy701 I certainly can recall being able to mark spam without opening the thread as recently as the latter half of last year... but the option doesn't seem to be available now. Not sure when that changed 😕 Can't mark anything as spam now because the spam threads don't actually open even if I try to click on them (I get an error message).

Oh man, again? Yesterday morning I thought my laptop was gonna crash because all I would get was this error, no matter what website I tried to move to

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.42.22 AM.png

I cleared my cookies and that fixed it though.

@tsavorite I saw last night’s flood and gave up trying to report them after my first attempt basically locked me out of BIC. Looked like a spam bot to me. Safari couldn’t load any other BIC pages (after I tried reporting a spam post) because it was still trying to deal with the complex/large content of the spam post—which tells me whoever’s behind this spam bot specifically designed the posts so they couldn’t be reported, and/or to mess with anyone who tried to report them. It almost felt like a DoS attack attempt, which is a stupid thing to launch against a beauty forum of all places... I mean it’s not cool to do that anywhere, really, but I don’t know why someone would target BIC. 😄 

Hopefully Sephora puts something in place to prevent this in the near future. A character limit (per post) on new accounts might help. 

Looks like all of the spammer's posts are gone now!

The threads have no links or attachments; there's no worry about getting a virus.

I had a good run from my desktop; only had to log out, clear cookies, and log back in three times (which is three times too many, but it's still better than last night). All spam has been deleted. If he comes back, I can't play keep up again tonight, but at least the existing stuff is gone. 

Now if only Sephora could implement basic board controls that would stop this from being a problem in the future...

I reported it via reporting another normal spam post.

Besides not being able to report, when I try or try to mark as spam I get an error it's too large and BIC crashes until I reopen the browser fully (edit, on mobile chrome)

The "Report" button is currently working on desktop Chrome, so I'll try to report as many as I can...

make it stop my little pony GIF

Wow. 200+ posts in one hour. And counting. 

And this is all I get is this when I try to mark as spam. I had more success from my desktop last night, but I'm not at my desk right now. Sephora needs to fix this asap 😠

Screenshot_20190216-231602.png

5 Replies
testing