Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

"Fixing" something that was not broken in the first place! Makes me so mad! I just need a place to vent... I have only recently gotten the new Tarte Creaseless Concealer ( the best thing ever for my dry skin! And a pretty nice color match, too. One of the rare ones... ). I had no idea they changed the packaging. I don't really follow what is new in the makeup world ( long ) lately. So I was oblivious to this change. Gave it a try anyway. As far as the product and shade itself go, they seem pretty much the same to me. But! I can't get over the packaging change! Why in the world would you put such a thick, thick, thickest ever concealer, in a doe foot packaging?! The dumbest thing I've ever seen. First, a doe foot applicator... *shudders* Not very sanitary. You have a product in a tube ( and a very thick product, too ), and you put it in a doe foot. I can't even. ( Not to even mention doe foot applicators freak me out ( I am kind of a germ freak ). ) And considering how thick the product is, now we won't be able to use half of it, thanks to the dumb packaging. Maybe that's why they changed it? A tube would last you forever with every day use. And you could use every last drop of it. Now I am just gonna waste half of the product, just like that. Because it is impossible to get it all, or even half of it, out of the new packaging because of its consistency. Yep, I guess that was the "problem". Why not make people to buy it more often! Nice one, Tarte. Well, you fooled me once... 

Ok, rant over. Still majorly bleeped off, though....

Update: After using it for a while, I don't think it's the same formula anymore. It seems to actually be even thicker and harder to work with. It's anything but "creaseless". And on top of it all - it broke me out! I've never had pimples under my eyes before! Oy!

Magnetic lashes. I can't remember if I've ever used falsies before (it might have been once for halloween) but I wanted to give these a shot since I thought they might be easier. Definitely not. First of all, I almost scratched my cornea. Twice. If I did this while with a full eye look everything would get so messed up. I want these to work so bad but even when I managed to get them looking semi decent I feel like I was wearing drag. Not the wispy look I was going for, that's for sure.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Brush washing day. Ughhhhhh. I use Cinema Secrets but I swear it has ruined all my Mac brushes. Just them too. Took me over an hour to wash my dirty ones today. This is why I buy multiples. Lol! I used to do them once a week, now I’m happy if I wash them once a month. I still wash my sponges daily, though.

@darlyndar so the pink zote soap is not like a regular so...

@darlyndar so the pink zote soap is not like a regular soap like say dove, its an old school laundry/ detergent bar from mexico, I use it along with a brush egg & micro towel for my precious Artis brushes. I'm gonna try that remedy photoflex for my brushes now, we use that foam spray as an extra body cleanser at my job

Hey @darlyndar give the pink zote soap a try. When I tell...

Hey @darlyndar give the pink zote soap a try. When I tell people about it, I get a side eye lol but that pink 7 oz soap from Amazon for under $5 has changed my life. It didn't destroy my Artis brushes, every day brushes & beauty sponges. It even worked way better than Artis brush cleanser.( Which is a expensive dud)

Re: Hey @darlyndar give the pink zote soap a try. When I tell...

I usually use the Dr Bronners Castile soap, @ELNene17  but I’ll guve it a try! But you use regular soap and water to wash your Artis brushes??? It literally takes 2 weeks to fully dry cause they’re so densely packed. I found a great dupe on Amazon for the Artis brush cleanser. It’s the Remedy Phytoplex foam cleanser. It works exactly like the Artis. I pump the foam onto a microfiber towel and swirl the brush right on top. 

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@darlyndar You need to get Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid pro. It works on everything except light coloured sponges. I wash my blenders daily and ALL my brushes 2x/week. I have a brush obsession but i never use the same brush twice withour washing. Clean brushes make such a difference. 

I think I wrote that wrong @GG84. Lol. I use cinema secrets daily, but I give them a good washing with soap once a month. It used to be once a week. I need more hours in the day. 😩😩😩

I always use a clean brush when I do my makeup too @GG84!!I So my brush collection is massive, and I need a cleaning session 2-3 times a week to keep the giant piles of dirty brushes at bay.

I bought the solid pro during the VIB Sale, and I absolutely LOVE it!! I use it with the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Polish Up Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad, and it gets all my brushes and sponges squeaky clean.

@darlyndar I hated the smell of the cinema secrets, it made me nauseous. I wash mine with Dr. Bronners like once a month (once I run out of clean ones) and spot clean my eye brushes with Sephora Collection Brush spray.

@darlyndar, that's funny, I have 2 of my favorite eyeshad...

@darlyndar, that's funny, I have 2 of my favorite eyeshadow brushes and 2 of my favorite smudge brushes. I feel like they are the ones getting the dirtiest. I've used Bare Minerals and Bobbi Brown brush shampoos that I've liked both of them.

@darlyndar +1 for the multiples crew 😎😄

@darlyndar +1 for the multiples crew 😎😄

After being marked down to what I assumed were clearance prices here and on other sites, Surratt Beauty has been restocked- back at full price?   Drat!

I actually cried when I realized I had missed that sale. I am SUCH a TS fan and I have been eyeing those brushes for as long as they've exsisted, when I hopped on my app and saw all the beautiful brushes with prices I would jump on and realized they were all OOS.....it was a sad day. I wasn't going to miss the restock. Buuuut,as you said, full price.😭😭😭😭

@ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally shoul...

@Ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally should've taken advantage of that last sale 🤦‍♀️

@Ispend2much6 and @angelKiss24, look on the JcPenney webs...

@Ispend2much6 and @angelKiss24, look on the JcPenney website, in the Sephora section they still had some Surrat items on sale. The extra 20% off sale items doesn't work though.

Re: @ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally shoul...

@angelKiss24  I know the feeling!  I was going to get a backup of the gray eyeliner.  But I checked at the other sites and they are all back at full price (except Cult Beauty has a few items marked down.)

Update: Fenty refunded my purchase (my last one was from them) on 20 Dec 18. I'm still concerned that this is a bigger issue. This leaky bottle issue not being fixed on the FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color - Uninvited really ticks me off.Ordering from different places, returning orders, speaking with customer service all to be told that it won't get fixed... it's upsetting. Even now, I have a leaky bottle. And I've been telling reps from Sephora and Fenty since 1 Oct.

PicsArt_10-12-02.38.45.png

PicsArt_12-09-04.44.42.png

Wow. I remember when you originally posted it. I was hopi...

Wow. I remember when you originally posted it. I was hoping that it got resolved for you. Sorry it didn't.

I was really hopeful. This was a let down.

I was really hopeful. This was a let down.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Regretting not buying an additional Surratt eyeshadow when it was 50% off. Now I'm left with an empty spot in this palette 😒😣

2 Replies
testing