Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That is a very soothing palette youโ€™ve assembled @angelKiss24๐Ÿคฉ

thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but be...

thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but because all my singles were stored differently...I didn't realize how much I actually had until I rearanged it in this palette. Crossing my fingers for another deal ๐Ÿคž

Re: thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but be...

Me too, @angelKiss24. Still missing the highlight and complexion brushes to finish my collection.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Biggest Pet Peeve is the lack of representation in advertising. Cis, trans*, non-binary, ALL people should feel welcome, included, and fabulous! Inclusiveness is really important to me. Iโ€™m a cis woman, but I want to hear from all types of people and most importantly, I want for everyone to feel included and appreciated for their beauty.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I agree!  Lovely sentiment, @ElleDamarius! โค๏ธ

The Influensters have changed their ways. Look at Glamglow Good In Bed...the majority have changed their verbage to say "I was chosen by Glamglow" "I received from Glamglow" etc. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I flipping HATE Influenster reviews.

How is it possible that I always seem to run out of my varying sizes of expensive skincare products at the exact same time? This time being Christmas time, too. 

@elise222 Yes, youโ€™re not alone! This happens to me too during the holidays and also right before I travel. 

This isnโ€™t my biggest pet peeve because I love pretty packaging but as someone who has way too much of everything - itโ€™s annoying when the packaging for something is unncessarily large or bulky, or when theyโ€™re a weird shape ๐Ÿ˜‚ how do I store you!! Plus from an environmental perspective it seems a waste ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

example: 0ACD83AD-DF7C-4B53-8F35-B93B32C2FFFC.jpeg

L to R: Becca powder 2.5g, laura mercier powder 3.5g, cover fx powder 4g, too faced powder 35g ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes!  I just recently organized all of my products, and found it really annoying trying to store a lot of these items.  If I can't see what I have or store it neatly, it's probably not going to get used often.

@rockstargina Haha exactly! If I canโ€™t put everything in the same category together, whatever is separate always gets left unused ๐Ÿ˜ฐA little unrelated, but I had this problem with my MILK MAKEUP - Lip + Cheek - Werkhahaha because I couldnโ€™t figure out whether to put it with the  blushes or with the lip balms and tints ๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve even used it partially because itโ€™s never where it should be 

Ahh, that's a whole other problem!  Things like this give me such anxiety lol

@cianni I thought the same thing last nightโ€”specifically about skincare and setting powder jarsโ€”while rearranging some of my shelves. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

By Terry and Beauty Bakerie use the same size jar. Beccaโ€™s slightly bigger than both.By Terry and Beauty Bakerie use the same size jar. Beccaโ€™s slightly bigger than both.

Hourglass is probably the worst offender in my bunch. It contains just 0.5g more than the By Terry powder! [EDIT: โ€œ... more than the By Terry powder,โ€ not Beauty Bakerie.] I keep this full size in backup storage and use my Hourglass mini at home instead. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

By Terry atop HourglassBy Terry atop Hourglass

And skincare jars... the Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb and Dr. Jart Water Fuse jars are pretty, but also unnecessarily big and bulky. Iโ€™m annoyed enough to transfer some of those products to travel jars, keep the full size jars in the fridge, and just refill the travel jars as needed. (I already do that with my YTTP moisturizer, but only because I bought a full size before my DS was empty.) 

I feel the same way about belif aqua bomb.  Excess/bulky packaging (and it also makes it seem like there is more product in the jar then there really is).

Exactly, @rockstargina: Belifโ€™s project jars could (and should!) be so much smaller. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Now that Eye Bombโ€™s become my primary eye cream, Iโ€™ve had to make room for it on my skincare shelf... which, along with the stupidly huge Dr. Jart moisturizer jar, made me relocate all my skincare. Though I guess this works out well for me in the end anyway, because the new location is conveniently right beside my sink. But Iโ€™m still going to use small travel jars for some of that stuff instead of their full sized giants. 

@WinglessOne Iโ€™m going to have to start migrating full sized things into smaller containers as well!! I wonder why they do that. Iโ€™m thinking bevause the same sized container is used for different product sizes? And just a new sticker is added to the bottom ๐Ÿค” who knows

@cianni I assume itโ€™s mostly for marketing purposes. The more attractive the packaging, the more appealing the product. Lots of people fall for nice packaging, especially when it seems to contain more product than it really does. I canโ€™t call that outright deceptive because product amounts are printed on the packaging, so itโ€™s not like folks arenโ€™t aware of how much theyโ€™re really getting. But itโ€™s still a tiny bit shady. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@WinglessOne On the bright side itโ€™s so much more satisfying to pan a bigger container, even if thereโ€™s less product than it looks like should be in there ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have no self control ๐Ÿ™‚ No seriously. Colourpop has free shipping today and ALSO restocked the Disney Princess line. I absolutely have dupes for all 4 lux lipstick princesses I want, I spent an hour this morning looking at online swatches to further convince myself that I DEFINITELY had dupes...

And I just clicked Purchase. No. Self. Control. 

@MissPuff

And now this leads me to another pet peeve...hearing about a deal + restock I would have missed (intentionally...I'm avoiding many emails and the deals threads lately). Cart loaded...must walk away. Thanks for nothing :p:p:p:p

5 Replies
testing