Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Let's not forget going from bare face/natural makeup to full face/glam makeup! With this moisturiser you too can have perfectly shaped eyebrows lmao!

1) When your skin goes crazy for no apparent reason (it has calmed down now but I still don't know what set it off)

2) When you feel like you're in a makeup rut

3) When the hinge on your Dior highlighter breaks 

Using the more natural skin care or makeup options and finding that your skin has a problem with one or more ingredients... so you end up having to use Vaseline to heal it up.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I thought my skin was combination so ive been using a bunch of great combination products on my face only to find that my skin was just oily because it was dehydrated and now all these products are giving me dry skin realness.

I tried using the Peel Off Base Coat on my nails that SimplyNailogical recommended and it works well... too well. The moment I take a shower the polish starts to come off and I can peel the whole thing off. All my hard work gone in 2 min.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OMG! Insta brows are the worst and they are my biggest pet peeve! Bushy thiccc brows are my personal fave! Get a good brow gel and a thin pencil and make it look natural! Another pet peeve of mine is halo brows! I personally prefer a more natural look! I like to carve of my brows but I do not like using a lighter concealer to do so.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So apparently the distributions centers are going crazy, just got off the phone with cs (her words not mine), missing products, wrong products & of course the usual missing/no samples. Only placed 1 order this week from Sephora😲 for the Luna promo. And instead of my MJ see-quins., I got Sunday riley the influencer foundation. that's it no promos, not even samples.🤤such a let down

When you read about a product and kind of get excited about it...but no one in the community has talked about it so you read all 5 reviews it has and they are all influenster. 🚫

@GG84 OOooh! Now I wanna know what you're interested in! 

@MissPuff @GG84 me too!

New pet peeve that is semi beauty. When your monthly subscription box chooses the cheapest postage meaning UPS, DHL, Fed Ex or whoever hands off to the post office for the last leg and suddenly you can no longer track your order and the original delivery date means nothing. *Sigh* Day 3 of my Ipsy being lost in USPS limbo...

@politicalblonde I had the same issue & I would totally recommend signing up for UPS My Choice Premium (With the free UPS My Choice regular membership, the upgrade for each package costs $3.50.). It's so worth it, it automatically upgrades your Surepost packages to UPS Ground, so no hand off to USPS, no waiting an extra day 🙂 I signed up for a free three month trial & then afterwards, I got a promo code off of RetailMeNot for four months for $4. And once the four months ends next month for me, I'm just going to find another promo code & renew.

If you sign up, they do make you enter a credit card, even with the free trial. So I would make sure you go into your settings immediately upon sign up & uncheck the "auto renew" box.

thank you @ohheyitscindyk! I didn't even know that was a...

thank you @ohheyitscindyk! I didn't even know that was a thing. 😊

Re: thank you @ohheyitscindyk! I didn't even know that was a...

@politicalblonde Glad I could help 🙂

I bought this during Sephora's FFS, and now Marc Jacobs direct has it for 40% off.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 9.24.04 PM.png

I've had that happen too, @suzyo😞  It does look like a really nice brush; I hope you love it!

Oh no!!!! I hate when that happens 😞 @suzyo

Ough, @suzyo, that is the best way I could type out what I said out loud, because I feel your pain. Huge, big sigh for you😞

OMG! I swear! After weeks of trying to get some answers from @Originsbeauty I am still nowhere! No one can tell me when the Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mLwill be available in Canada. No one has answers... I guess it's not here yet because the laws for hemp/cannabis have changed and are now all under the Cannabis Act. If this is the case I'd like to know. At least I'll stop looking for it. I'm guessing we will get this once winter is over... smdh.

@keana1

I don’t really know if it’s because of the Cannabis act, but if you check at Well.ca they have a line of hemp containing products from ANDALOU naturals . They have a face mask similar to the Hello Calm mask but it contains fewer interesting ingredients! BUT I ONLY WANT THE HELLO CALM ! Gosh this is sooo frustrating! I mean you’ve contacted Origins and put a LOT of effort to get answers and they don’t even have the decency to give you an answer! This is so unprofessional on their part ! 🤯 ! @veronika23 

Thanks @keana1! I did see that line before... I'm just wondering if it's because it's a new product and new rules you know... I'm thinking everything that's already on sale was ok once the new act was passed but it's a different story now for new products... ugh going through government information is driving me insane... used to be much easier.. smdh. I only want that mask too! Let's hope we see it soon... but won't hold my breath.

testing