Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Something that really bothers me and I'd love to see fixed sooner than later is how JcPenney (JCP) handles Sephora customers. I don't understand why the same perks, price discounts, sales etc. that are offered through Sephora are not honored though Sephora Inside JcPenney (SIJ). If I order something though Sephora and return it at a SIJ, I'm given a JCP merchandise/ gift card. I cannot use that card with standalone Sephora or Sephora online. It can only be used in a SIJ or JCP online. However, the discounts and sales from Sephora cannot be applied to JCP online purchases. Also, JCP does not carry everything that standalone or online Sephora does; i.e, Sand & Sky Pink Clay Mask. I cannot use the JCP merchandise/ gift card online through Sephora. Furthermore, SIJ offers a 10% discount of you do their surveys. You canonly apply that 10% discount inside the SIJ because it cannot be usedforSephora products through JCP online. Fuerthermore, not all SIJ honor the 10% off. You, also, cannot use the 10% through standalone Sephora. Not being able to use the 10% through the standalone storesdoesn't botherme as much; however, with everything else, it is annoying. You don't get Sephora rewards, flash shipping, samples, the rewardsbazaar,or offers through JCP online. OH! And the tax and shipping is far higher than it is on Sephora online or in store, standalone or otherwise. As someone that would have to drive 2+ hrs for a standalone store, online shopping is optimal. By the way, if you have a return and that money has to go back into a JCP merchandise card, it takes "up to" 10 business days to be refunded. However, if they choose not to approve it on the same day, it takes longer. So a refund I was told was going back on my gift card on 8 Nov. wasn't approved until 13 Nov. So, I'll have to wait for 10 business days from the approval date. Having aSIJ shouldn't come with this many drawbacks. *Update: y'all... they sent me a check for the refund amount instead of putting it back on the gift card... 😑. At least I can deposit it and use it at Sephora?*

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

when you're running late so you didn't have time to fully inspect yourself before running out the door...and you have a noticeable zit/whitehead tucked into the corner of your nose! 😣 and to make matters worse no one told you! And before the thought crosses your mind no, I don't wear makeup everyday.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

- I already mentioned this in another post. I love my naturally curly lashes but they make it to be such a pain in the mf a** to apply eyeliner.

- My dry skin.

- When people go wayyy overboard on highlighter trying to resemble the surface of the sun then failing miserably. 

This is how my Guerlain pearls arrived today. Not sure whether to scream or cry. I know it's just make up by it annoys me to no end that I bought at "luxury” item and it came like this. It's Guerlain's fault for not including a puff (cheap b@st@rds!)05B25C83-8E19-44AA-86D2-7EE032493EE1.jpeg

OMG that is terrible! So sorry 😞 @makeitup305

Oh no, @makeitup305! It’s like the beauty equivalent of a bag of chips, isn’t it😭 so sorry:(

@eshoe I'm so ticked these might just go back. I moved across the country with 2 of the pears and they're intact. I would've settled for cotton if they were too cheap to use a pufff.

I’ve never purchased one of the Guerlains, @makeitup305. They look too beautiful to use!

@eshoeYou should get some, they last a lifetime!

@eshoe I’ve got two so far and I like the say they set my makeup, though the ones I have are not as glittery as some others. I love the scent, too.

1) I have lots of nice cream products that I buy for tropical vacation and last week when I was in Hawaii, I bring 0 cream products along.  What is wrong with me? lol

2) All my beauty orders decided to show up at my door step while we was on vacation (even the Charlotte Tilbury order normally took about 2 weeks decide to show up after couple days).  Sigh!!!  Lucky for me, my in-laws live around the corner so they came and collected the packages.

@blackkitty2014That's karma for not taking me...I'm sure of it...

Lol @Samtian, let's gooooo!!!!!

When you put something in your cart after reading a reco here and it gets ordered by mistake !! Don't even ask..... I swear that after going to checkout page, just when I was on 'Place Order' page, I clicked 'back' browser button on my phone and next screens was 'Congratulations, your order is placed. 😞

Sephora really needs to get more "lists" feature other than 'loves'. I like to keep things in a separate list which are recommended here by community people.

Aw man! Sorry 😞  Sephora definitely needs more lists feature... but I also wish they could just fix the glitches with this one. I don't even know why they changed it. The grid view was perfect. Now my list is a hot mess and it's hard to see all the products on it. Guess it's keeping me from spending extra... @naturalooks15

@byme4u YES! This frustrates me to no end! I've been interested in teeth whitening kits, and these before/after photos are ALWAYS different lighting! 

Let's not forget going from bare face/natural makeup to full face/glam makeup! With this moisturiser you too can have perfectly shaped eyebrows lmao!

1) When your skin goes crazy for no apparent reason (it has calmed down now but I still don't know what set it off)

2) When you feel like you're in a makeup rut

3) When the hinge on your Dior highlighter breaks 

Using the more natural skin care or makeup options and finding that your skin has a problem with one or more ingredients... so you end up having to use Vaseline to heal it up.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I thought my skin was combination so ive been using a bunch of great combination products on my face only to find that my skin was just oily because it was dehydrated and now all these products are giving me dry skin realness.

I tried using the Peel Off Base Coat on my nails that SimplyNailogical recommended and it works well... too well. The moment I take a shower the polish starts to come off and I can peel the whole thing off. All my hard work gone in 2 min.

testing