Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

From the dermatologists I’ve spoken to and the literature I’ve read, it turns out that while vitamin C in its pure form (L-ascorbic acid) is volatile/fragile and oxidizes rapidly when exposed to oxygen. However many prominent skincare brands use a more stable vitamin C derivative to deliver the same results (ex. ascorbyl glucoside is one of the many other newer generation Cs.) Most important to note is that vitamin C even in pure form can be used with peptides and even retinoids—the information you are referencing comes from one study done decades ago that has been proven incorrect by medicine. So feel free to give your skin what it needs as long as you aren’t irritating it and you’ll get the benefit.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

hey I just pulled vitamin C from my routine. The Ordinary's Azelaic acid is doing way more for my discoloration than vitamin C ever did, and I think the copper peptide buffet is a much better anti-ager than vitamin C.. PS.

It makes me sick to my stomach to know that I wasted some of my Buffet, Buffet + copper peptides and at least 1 complete jar of Protini when I was using them with Vitamin C serum 🤢 !

That's interesting, @keana1!  I very rarely use Vitamin C (it's an every once in a while thing) but I thought it didn't agree with my skin.  Maybe it doesn't agree with the other products I'm using.  I like using my peptides + retinol together, though, so I think I'll just forego regular Vitamin C use.

I know that peptides and retinol/retinoids can be used in the same routine @curlychiquita so that’s not a problem ( yeah! ) ! I still want to use vitamin C but I have to find a way to incorporate it in my routine without compromising the benefits of peptides so it’s like a puzzle for now!

Great research, @keana1! Hope you are able to find some things to fill in the gaps so your skin is able to get the Vitamin C it needs!

I have a sample of the DE LaLa Retro cream so I’m going to try this one first since DE products and my skin agree @eshoe ! I have other DS to try also, but like I said, it’s a bit of a bummer!

Returned my Fenty Stunna paint in Uncuffed yesterday. I really wanted to love it but the undertone pulled brown/gray on me  😞

@fieldsofclover, forgot to mention Morphe came out with a...

@fieldsofclover, forgot to mention Morphe came out with a new lip topper last week and they are beautiful.

Re: @fieldsofclover, forgot to mention Morphe came out with a...

@Luvstravel I hope these will be available at Sephora Canada 🤞🏼!

@fieldsofclover, welcome back! You were missed 🙂 I tried...

@fieldsofclover, welcome back! You were missed 🙂 I tried this color on in the store and didn't like it on me either. I did splurge and order the Nars lip pencil vault during the sale, and I think I will enjoy all of the colors on me.

Reading about a product on BIC, then going to Sephora and finding that it isn't carried at my store 😞

Today my jar of mositurizer slipped out of my fingers and ALL OF THE PRODUCT FELL OUT ONTO THE FLOOR!! It was DE's Protinii too! Thankfully it was a deluxe size but still 😞

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

THIS IS SO SAD!! A similar thing happened to me at the pool and my glass foundation bottle smashed everywhere 😞

:'(

:'(

Oh no! That really sucks. I hope you get to try it again some other time.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I usually always have a great experience every time I go to one of my local Sephora’s. The associates are friendly & knowledgeable. Going to Ulta on the other hand is the opposite. They make me feel as if I’m not wanted there. No one offers to help me & when I ask a question, the associates are really short with their answer. I tell myself “this will be the last time you shop here. You deserve to be treated better.” But then they have some sort of (really) good sale on items that I actually use and so I’m back at Ulta and the whole negative customer experience starts all over again. I feel that their customer service standards should be as high as Sephora’s.

I don't think my local Ulta trains anyone at the store. T...

I don't think my local Ulta trains anyone at the store. The people working there are nice but they know nothing about their products.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The manager at my local SiJCP is horrible. She's very snobby, looks down on those of us who are "alternative", and even recommends me to go to Ulta. Like what...

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

You really should complain.  I had a rotten experience at my local SiJCP and complained to Sephora.  A couple months later I noticed the manager and several employees who were lazy and rude were gone.

Kinda want to go to Sephora today but I'm in my work clot...

Kinda want to go to Sephora today but I'm in my work clothing and look scruffy and they look at me funny when I go to the nice one by my work place. That whole area of town customer service is only given to non ragamuffins.
1 Reply
testing