Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I laughed way too hard to not share this.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Actual conversation I've had @SchylarR lol

Win. 😂 @michelleshops

Win. 😂 @michelleshops

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oily skin. I've tried powders before foundation, matte foundation, matte sprays, matte primer...nothing has impressed me. You could have the best eyeshadow look and oily skin just ruins it.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I feel your pain. My oily skin typically eats makeup. I can put on my makeup and look great but less that 2 hours later, it’s either sliding down my face or disappeared completely. Sometimes it starts to break apart while I’m applying my makeup. I’ve had people tell me that supposedly it means our skin won’t age as badly and I’m like, that’s great but what am I supposed to do with it now?

Ground dwelling wasps strike again. Just doing some yard work and I managed to find a nest with my face. Image result for wasp meme

😞 I hope your stings are getting better soon, @moxiepancakes.  Wasps are the worst. 

@moxiepancakes

I feel for you!! I've escaped being stung but my poor husband and dog have gotten it twice in the last 2-3 weeks!! When the hurricane came through last weekend,  a huge hornet's nest was blown out of one of our trees and of course,  our beagle tried to investigate!! She didn't get stung then, but twice by yellow jackets from nests in ground!! You don't even know they're there until they swarm you

I hope you're ok.

This is not as bad as the last time when I had over 2 doz...

This is not as bad as the last time when I had over 2 dozen stings including my lower lip. This time they mostly hit my hat and bandana and scalp near my ear, but silly me pulled off my bandana to wipe sweat from my eyes to see is they were still on me and wiped a stinger right into my under eye area. Now I have a black eye and want to scratch/rub it so bad. Will be using benadryl as eye cream for a while. Hope all of your sting victims are feeling better. @yankeefaithful

Re: This is not as bad as the last time when I had over 2 doz...

Oh my goodness @moxiepancakes  So sorry to hear you went through that!  I hope you feel better soon.

@moxiepancakes  That's terrible.  Those wasps are mean.  I think you can use arnica cream on top of Benadryl cream; it might help even more.  It really helps me with burns, etc.

Thanks I'll check it out

@moxiepancakes

Gosh, that's awful!! My husband got stung in the lip yesterday and his upper lip swelled so bad! Ice and Benadryl helped, but it was still swollen this a.m. My dog, Gracie was so traumatized after the second time she got stung, like 2 days in a row, that she didn't want to go outside!!.I think she had PTSD!! She's just now acting normal!! It's no fun as you well know!!😉 Take care of yourself!!

The lip hurts so bad when it swells like it's going to split open hope the swelling goes down fast. Glad your dog has recovered from the trama, I'm suprised she reacted so badly my parents dogs just try to eat them 😑 

When you remove your eye makeup at night and realize you forgot to apply mascara, only used lash primer. Not a good look.

@eshoe

I did that 2 weeks ago! I was out a cool new mascara - one end (the primer) is blue...I put it on and was contemplating whether I should let it dry or just get tacky before I applied the actual black mascara on top and I just totally forgot and went about my day with blue lashes (and Nars Cruella on my lips) it was a look lol 

I feel your pain, @GG84Hopefully it was more of a cobalt blue than a pastel blue-it sounds like a cool mascara! 

@eshoe, that's hilarious 😂 I hope your eyelash primer wa...

@eshoe, that's hilarious 😂 I hope your eyelash primer wasn't white? I got to work the other day and realized I forgot to do my brows, I felt a little naked all day.

Re: @eshoe, that's hilarious 😂 I hope your eyelash primer wa...

It was white, a Chanel sample- and I might add, a bit scary. Hope that doesn’t happen again! Can’t believe I didn’t notice all day😆@Luvstravel

I put an ABH brow whiz sample in my purse in case I forget to do my brows, because that would be even worse than forgetting mascara!

I'll never learn.  I cleaned up my house in a hurry due to a repairman coming to fix the A/C.  Since I was distracted from being in a hurry, I sorted my "stuff" into bags incorrectly which means I threw away my Bobbi Brown Night Drama gratis palette accidentally.  I'd only used it once, using a few shadows. 

2 Replies
testing