Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@SchylarR  True!!!

My whiny pet peeve of the day: finishing up an $85 bottle of Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C Serum and wanting another bottle of it but not wanting to pay EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS for it. I was in a real “treat yo’self” mood the day I bought that and now I can never go back!

I feel you @starsandbucks

I'm at the end of my DE C-Firma and I'm so bummed I didn't realize I was so close to finishing it during the VIB sale, because I definitely would have repurchased it then. 

Note to self: you should’ve drilled a test hole in your bathroom wall where your stud finder found a stud, before you bought that big heavy swing-arm LED mirror and shelves to hang there. But you didn’t, and now your drill + nails have informed you that the studs in that wall are metal, not wood. [string of bad words] 

If I owned this place instead of rented, I might buy a new drill bit and nails designed for metal studs. But nope, not worth it as a renter. So it’s time to return these shelves, re-map my plans for Operation Get More Stuff Off the Countertop, and invest in some command strip shelving. Think I’ll try the Perch magnetic wall system, though it’ll cost more than the shelves that I can’t hang. [more bad words] 

@WinglessOne  I'm so sorry- that has got to be so frustrating.  I must say though, I am impressed with your knowledge of mechanical issues.

Thanks @Ispend2much6  These are the things you learn after years of DIYing. 🙂 Unfortunately they’re also lessons you forget once in a while, and then swear profusely about later. 

Oh man, sorry for the damper on your plans @WinglessOne  Hopefully you can get something good with the command strips.  I find those work pretty well and have used them on a lot of stuff around my apartment.

Thanks @sprocketta  Aren’t command strips great? I’ve already got various things hanging on those hooks, especially in my kitchen. The Perch magnetic wall system uses command strips, so I could just go that route. Finding 2 big pieces of sheet metal that are lightweight, won’t quickly corrode in a humid bathroom, and will hold magnets isn’t as easy as it should be, apparently. 😄 

@WinglessOneUnidentified

I dunno if you've found something yet, but if not, do a search of "magnetic board" on Amazon. They've got several options, some in cool colors, and there is even a strip-style set if you want the metal to be less visible. I have no idea what size you are looking for either, but hopefully something there will work 😊I have one like this in my kitchen for clipping recipes to :)I have one like this in my kitchen for clipping recipes to 🙂

Screenshot_20180920-160541.png

Screenshot_20180920-160818.png

Thanks @RGbrown! Amazon was on my list of places to check.The problem with Amazon is that once I start looking for a specific thing, I wind up with 10 completely unrelated items in my cart. 😄 But I’ll definitely check it out. 

@WinglessOne that's so frustrating! At least you discovered now and before any kind of collapse though!  

@Kim888 One good thing about this is a collapse never had a chance of happening, because the metal stud blocked my drill bit. I’d need to buy a titanium drill bit.

Too bad magnetic containers don’t stick directly to the wall (where the metal stud is). The drywall’s too thick for that. But if I can plan a configuration of command strips that’ll hold plain ol’ sheet metal panels + added weight, and still let me easily remove the strips without damaging the wall... hmm, I see a hardware store trip in my future. 🙂

I'm already suspicious of the Kaja reviews.

Haha someone dropped a 4 star on the eye shadow. Also only spotted one influinster reference which i thought was required when reviewing. 

@moxiepancakes @suzyo @tastelikewater @JenniferOhJenny I’m suspicious too ☹️ I saw mention of “an influencer box” in one of the reviews.  

At least we got the real picture from BIC gratis recipients. Too bad Kaja decided to use influencer boxes. 

@moxiepancakes I didn't see any influencer posts, so I just immediately assumed they were fake reviews entirely! Well that explains it then!

@suzyo OK, I'm avoiding work so I did more digging on this. 8 of the reviewers have only reviewed Kaja products and given them all 5 stars. Suspicions confirmed! 

@suzyoHow long ago did those products launch? I count five people who wrote 5-star reviews for both the eyeshadow palette and blush, pretty similar language too. 

@tastelikewater Isn't this literally a brand new line? Some of those reviews are a little over the top for products that just launched. I mean, the eye shadow is pretty but give me a break.

@JenniferOhJenny I could be mistaken but I thought I read that this brand is a partnership between Sephora and Meme box.

@suzyo I think I read that, too. Maybe people have had them for longer than I thought. I'm just automatically suspicious of the "ermagard you can see this highlighter from space!!!! it is litttttt af!!!! I've already purchased 3 backups so I am never without it!!!!!" type of reviews 🙂

1 Reply
testing