Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Guessgal oh that sounds totally familiar! I feel like I saw it in store for $99 at some point. Very strange.

Wow, that’s a doozy @NotCrocker! 😒

Oh @angel7594, you know we love to overpay for things! At least they are telling us!

Hahaha yeah, at least the honesty is there! I guess they value the box at $3?! 😂

@NotCrocker

Last night while I was going through my makeup bag I found that my Milk holographic lipgloss was leaking! The bottom seam unsealed itself! Thankfully I had a small travel jar that was new. So I ended up squeezing the remaining gloss into my mini jar ! The worst thing about this is that I needed to empty a section of my makeup bag to clean the mess that was left behind!5C0A50B7-2280-4B68-920E-09AE29810DB3.jpeg

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Arg!! Hate that!!!

@keana1  I know the feeling as well. I had this happen to me with an essential oil and I think at least half of it leaked out 😕 I also tried to put my emptied makeup bag in the wash, but it’s still feeling a bit oily. Not sure if I’ll still be using it anymore. 

@Guessgal Having something oily leaking is the worst! Oil is so difficult to remove from everything even if you wash and rewash ...I’m sorry about your makeup bag 🙁!

This might sound crazy but: dish detergent! After all, it's designed for dealing with grease.

I discovered it after I had The Incident with sunscreen all over my clothes and couldn't get it to wash out. I took a small bowl of water, lathered up a couple squirts of dish soap, soaked a rag in the mix, scrubbed the offending areas with it until they looked clear, and then put my clothes through the wash like normal. They came out good as new. Granted, given all the fabrics and oils in the world, your milage may vary.

Oh thanks for the suggestion @LadyKabe! I'll definitely try using dish detergent then!!

Ugh, I've had that happen.  I'm glad you could salvage some of it! @keana1

@curlychiquita I’m glad that I found the leak early on so that I didn’t lose too much of my lipgloss since I had only used it twice and I couldn’t return it because the 30 day period was over !

Remember back in the day when our grandmothers carried little silk covered lipstick holders in their purses?  Whatever happened to lipstick holders? Are they still a thing?   @keana1

a

And that truly sucks.  Lipgloss, while it doesn’t stay on your lips for long, doesn’t like coming out of things easily:/ 

@heartsmyface Are these little holders what you're thinking of? I need some just because I can't stand it when the packaging of my lipstick gets all scuffed.

found these on Amazonfound these on AmazonScreen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.49.56 PM.png

Yes!!!!  Why aren’t these sold everywhere?  Or are they?  @suzyo

@heartsmyface The only place I've ever looked is Amazon, and they're only like $10. 

@suzyo I had 2 of these that my parents brought back from a trip to China but for some reason I lost them, they were covered in embroidered silk in lovely Chinese designs 😪 ! I must have lost them when I moved...

I don't know if my relatives were that fancy, but if you find a picture can you tag me please @heartsmyface?  That sounds really cool!  Was it like a cigarette case type thing?

@heartsmyface I think you can find the silk covered lipstick holders in some Chinese owned stores! 

I feel your pain @keana1  I had a Clinique balm open in my purse the other day and it was such a mess.

@sprocketta It’s even worse when that happens in a purse ! That’s a bummer!

testing