Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@mermadelove Right. There is no excuse about it. If they wanted to include a Muslim model, they can easily find an actual hijab wearing model in every skin tone from porcelain to the deepest. They keep doing such mistakes and on top keep showing stubbornness and not acknowledging it. 

I posted on their IG yesterday about this and it seems th...

I posted on their IG yesterday about this and it seems they deleted mycomment?! They managed to reply to everyone so clearly they saw it. Whati don't understand is that when their are lack of \"deep\" shades there is sooo much noise..but this goes deeper..it is misrepresentation and mockery of a religion..having a token fake \"muslim\" with hijab does Not make it all inclusive as they would like to portray. So ignorant and disappointing from a brand that should be doing things right in the first place. I mean just today they posted on their stories the ladies in an upcoming campaign and there are 2 muslims ladies part of it - one who wears hijab and clearing a modest dresser, so this could not havebeen a mistake..they should know how hijab wearing ladies dress modestly and not bare their arms. Smh. @fatimamummy I am glad you posted about this here. @KatieBT I hope your team will omit or edit out the image atleast on the sephora site, or possibly contact tarte about this.. it is a very offensive representation of hijab wearing women.

@fatimamummy That's infinitely more offensive than just NOT having a woman in hijab. Tokenism is more problematic than exclusion I feel, even worse when displayed incorrectly! No doubt Tarte wanted a pat on the back for being "inclusive" with zero effort or thought. Terrible.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Omg

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Two things. First, the color IQ. I go to two Sephoras, one of which has their makeover place near lots of natural light. The other is in a mall. The Sephora in natural light said I’m 02R03 or something and the one in the mall said I’m 04Y05. No. I’m pink. But every time I go to the Sephora in the mall to get foundation they insist on the color IQ scan “just as a place to start with.” Hey, how about you just trust me and my experience rather than your little machine in crappy lighting? Man, they really love their little scanner thing. Second: I’m not proud that I’m rouge. I don’t want people to know I spend too much money at Sephora! Why do they have how much money we spent right on our profiles? Are they trying to make us think that spending money is an accomplishment?

I had a similar experience with a foundation. I asked for...

I had a similar experience with a foundation. I asked for a sample and the sales lady gave me slight attitude and said the shade would be way to dark for me. I politely said I still wanted that shade. I got home, tried it on and it was a spot on match. I've never had any luck with sales associates shade matching me... they always go too light or too pink. I'm neutral toned which I guess can be difficult to color match.

I just found out that Ulta gives "targeted promotions."  For some reason, I assumed everyone got the same promos in their e-mails.  There was one I was really interested in (5x point multiplier on Living Proof which I read on BIC was in fact stacked with their other 5x point multiplier on all hair products).  I wanted to stock up on LP, and I thought this was a great opportunity.  But I didn't get the promotion.

I even e-mailed the company and asked if they would send me the activation e-mail, but they said "no."  😞

@greeneyedgirl107

The targeted multipliers are based at least in part on your purchase history. If you really want future LP multipliers, my advice would be to buy something LP even with just the 5x...I bought my sis a couple of travel size dry shampoos a year and a half ago, and still get that multiplier even though I've never bought anything else from the brand. Certainly don't stock up if you're not feeling the current deal, but getting the brand in your purchase history will likely help with future offers 🙂

It takes some time to work up to a full suite of offers with Ulta, and even then they can be hit or miss, but it can be rewarding to get a variety of purchases under your belt 😄

Thank you so much for the insight @RGbrown!  Once I get over my frustration, I think I will follow your advice!  I swear, you are the queen of Ulta info!  

Related image

Two new posters with similar usernames start raving non-stop about a particular brand on the same day, during the same time. Really? You thought that would fly under the radar? 🤨

I see you, PRETTY VULGAR.

legally blonde GIF

Got to love when brand marketing teams overestimate the gullibility of the BT community 

That is shady!  I noticed the Pretty Vulgar spam a few weeks ago, but didn't realize it was still happening. Sephora carries so many awesome brands - allowing one brand to dominate posts on BIC and not even mention they are sponsored is pretty uncool.  😞

@lmi82

I couldn't agree with you more, @Tamara76!

One of the two was pretty hot and heavy promoting Blinc as well, so I was hoping it was just coincidence and a rabid fangirl. But a quick Google search tells me the two companies have the same founder and CEO, so I guess it's no coincidence after all. That's annoying behavior, for sure 😐

Interesting... I actually love Pretty Vulgar TBH - That ink well eyeliner is fabulous (forget what it is called) and I love their packaging. 

I absolutely detest Blinc, though - their tubing mascara does not work for me - I got caught in the rain the one time I tried a sample of it and had all these nasty little spider leg looking things all over my cheeks.  It was not cute.  @RGbrown   @lmi82

@RGbrown Oh, wow... that's unbelievable and definitely adds fuel to this not being a coincidence! 😒

@lmi82 I noticed that too, kinda turns me off of the brand. They pop up every once in a while.

Dear Sephora. 

Please. 

Stop. 

Using. 

On Trac. 

Sincerely,

All people. 

Once again, I have missed out on the Moschino Fresh Couture perfume mini. It went out of stock right before I hit the checkout button. I just want to scream.

I hate it when people rave about a product and how wonderful it is but when I try it, it just doesn't work for me.  I get a major letdown because I WANT to like it.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I had to return the peter Thomas Roth mask aholic set that I got at a 15% discount because *everything* was awful for me.
testing