Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thank you so much for the insight @RGbrown!  Once I get over my frustration, I think I will follow your advice!  I swear, you are the queen of Ulta info!  

Related image

Two new posters with similar usernames start raving non-stop about a particular brand on the same day, during the same time. Really? You thought that would fly under the radar? 🤨

I see you, PRETTY VULGAR.

legally blonde GIF

Got to love when brand marketing teams overestimate the gullibility of the BT community 

That is shady!  I noticed the Pretty Vulgar spam a few weeks ago, but didn't realize it was still happening. Sephora carries so many awesome brands - allowing one brand to dominate posts on BIC and not even mention they are sponsored is pretty uncool.  😞

@lmi82

I couldn't agree with you more, @Tamara76!

One of the two was pretty hot and heavy promoting Blinc as well, so I was hoping it was just coincidence and a rabid fangirl. But a quick Google search tells me the two companies have the same founder and CEO, so I guess it's no coincidence after all. That's annoying behavior, for sure 😐

Interesting... I actually love Pretty Vulgar TBH - That ink well eyeliner is fabulous (forget what it is called) and I love their packaging. 

I absolutely detest Blinc, though - their tubing mascara does not work for me - I got caught in the rain the one time I tried a sample of it and had all these nasty little spider leg looking things all over my cheeks.  It was not cute.  @RGbrown   @lmi82

@RGbrown Oh, wow... that's unbelievable and definitely adds fuel to this not being a coincidence! 😒

@lmi82 I noticed that too, kinda turns me off of the brand. They pop up every once in a while.

Dear Sephora. 

Please. 

Stop. 

Using. 

On Trac. 

Sincerely,

All people. 

Once again, I have missed out on the Moschino Fresh Couture perfume mini. It went out of stock right before I hit the checkout button. I just want to scream.

I hate it when people rave about a product and how wonderful it is but when I try it, it just doesn't work for me.  I get a major letdown because I WANT to like it.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I had to return the peter Thomas Roth mask aholic set that I got at a 15% discount because *everything* was awful for me.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I think maybe why happens is that different products work for different skin types..ya know? So I think, don’t get too frustrated.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Maybe I’m counting the shipping days incorrectly, but I’m frustrated that I pay for flash shipping and it tells me it takes 4 days, from the moment the order is processed. I ordered in the very early hours on Thursday, but it won’t reach me until Tuesday. How is this 2 day shipping? My amazon prime orders actually come in two days, and if they don’t, I am updated about it.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@ParrotTulips

Sadly, Flash is a myth for many, myself included. Most of my orders take 5-7 days to show up. It's worth it for dropping the requirement to spend $50, but not if you actually expect speedier delivery.

Prime became a myth for me too though...it was awesome years ago, but as they started offering more and better delivery options to the super-massive metro areas, service to my area (which is still large and quite populous, but it's not making any Top 25 or 50 or possibly even 100 largest cities lists) went all to heck and back. Prime became 3 and 4 days, if I was lucky. I finally dropped it since I can get slow shipping for free and not be annoyed at how much I spent for mythical "2 day delivery" that didn't exist anymore. 😞

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh no I’m sorry. That stinks that even Prime delivery is a joke for you. So far Prime has worked our well for me but I wasn’t sure if I was doing the whole Flash shipping thing incorrectly. I guess now I have to start ordering on Mondays only and see if that helps. Thanks for letting me know it’s not just me.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@ParrotTulips

Eh, I was actually happy to hop off the Amazon bandwagon. I hated the price hike to $79, I got out around the time it hit $99 and now it's going to $119? Nooooo way...so glad I cut that out. I do the occasional Subscribe & Save deal, but other than that, Amazon gets next to no money from me anymore. Yay 😛

It's definitely not just you with the Flash Shipping. It used to be pretty good, but around this time last year, Sephora changed something up in their warehouses and it all went downhill. Samples, handling time, shipping, packaging...it's all been iffy for a year or so now 😞

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The Ordinary is pulling out of Sephora and moving to Ulta (according to comments posted by them on their own Instagram). I have been checking for MONTHS to try some things from them that I didn’t *need* but would add to an order if I was buying something else. By the time i finally decide I’m going to buy whatever I can since everything is always out of stock, they’re totally gone from my loves list!!

The same thing happened for me. I kept waiting for things...

@KeriCherryDee @fieldsofclover The same thing happened for me. I kept waiting for things to come back in stock and they didn't. Then, I got a notification that they were back, went to make my purchase, and they were completely gone from the site. I did, finally, get to order my products. I purchased them from Beautylish and I love them!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ya, I was surprised everything poofed from my loves list so fast. I think it must have been a bitter breakup, because Sephora has not wasted any time stuffing The Ordinary down the memory hole... 🕳

testing