Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

UGH, I've had this happen with a LE item.  By the time I contacted Sephora about it the item had sold out and I was left with someone's grandma perfume instead of the item I thought I'd finally gotten my hands on 🤦🏾‍♀️

omg @Samtian now someone out there has your presents and is wondering what's going on!!!

Yep! If it is the person whose I got, my package is in Florida and not Idaho. 

@Samtian, I hope the company can resend your gifts!

Mali was so kind to reply to my FB message, and a reshipment was offered. @pocketvenus I was freaking out lol. 

Glad it worked out @Samtian!

TFW your package gets stuck at some shipment centre :'( (It's been in NY for four days!) I know, I'm being very impatient!

I jinxed myself by complaining! Now the package is with Canada Customs which I have read confisgates perfumes sometimes. Nooooooooooooooooooo :'(

Update: package has arrived safely 🙂 Thanks for the reassurance @sandykat79 @keana1!!

Good for you. It’s always worrying when you order from out of Country 😰. But if’s a legitimate order then it’s OK , it’s not if you were smuggling something illegal or counterfeit.

Customs doesn't open and inspect packages unless they hav...

Customs doesn't open and inspect packages unless they have reason to believe you're smuggling something. Sadly some perfumes aren't allowed in Canada, but it's uncommon to have it confiscated. They just have to pass through that step so they can check the value and charge duties and taxes if necessary.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Customs Canada will only seize counterfeit products so if you ordered from a reputable company this shouldn’t happen to you. Good luck 😉

When I went to Sephora yesterday I noticed that the Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte is 60ml while the Umbra Sheer is 90ml. They are both a Physical SPF 30, the only difference is its tinted. Unbra Sheer leaves a slight white-cast on my tan skin so I expect its worse on darker skintones while Umbra Tinte is great. In Canada Umbra Tinte in $44 and Umbra Sheer is $42, so actually cheaper for more product. This just seems unfair to me and its been irking me since yesterday so thought I'd share. I messaged Drunk Elephant, if they get back to me I'll share their response.

Second Peeve - I've been writing reviews on the products I got during the sale. I've written 5 reviews and all except for the kinda-negative one has gone through. I re-wrote it and tried again twice, it still won't go. Weird.

The Review for reference: Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte

A great physical sunblock for those with darker skintones. Absorbs well, no smell and no white-cast. The only reason I'm cutting 2 stars is that this has 33% less product than the Umbra Sheer and costs $2 more. Seems unfair to those with darker skintones.

Update With Drunk Elephant Response:

So I've been emailing with them a few times and though I don't agree with their reasoning I do appreciate them at least responding and tying to explain their reasoning. 

To summarize they said that there is a premium for tinted products. I responded that the the Tinte isn't strong and the product isn't marketed as a tinted moisturizer with SPF either and it feels like a tax on those with darker skin tones. They said both products are formulated for all skin types and even those with lighter skin tones sometimes use the tinted formula. They recommend using 1/4 teaspoon for the entire face and neck (I don't think that provides enough protection) and also Umbra Sheer looses it white cast after 5 minutes (not in my personal experience).

I'll be honest I think they charge more because they feel they can and thats really disappointing. Having said that I appreciate the customer service professionals responses and offering to send the complaint up the food chain.

I’ve heard they don’t publish reviews that name other products; maybe just say the “sheer” or “non-tinted version? I’d also refrain from using the dollar sign because I think they sometimes remove reviews with prices in them? Maybe spell out dollars or say bucks. I’m sorry the system is being such a pain about poor reviews. It makes me distrust the product ratings for sure.

Thanks @snoflakefaerie I'm going to try and repost without the $ sign and see if it helps. Seems like a silly rule, but we'll see.

Minor disaster on the perfume tray this AM..... I accidentally lifted a heavy bottle by the lid.  Let's just say my bedroom smells like shattered Aerin vial of something.  I don't quite know which little one it was because it came in a set, but I realize now I should have been wearing more of it.  It was nice 😞

😞 Bummer, @AMHWKI!

I ordered a pair of Tarte lashes during the sale and for the life of me I can’t find them anywhere. There’s about a five perfect chance they were still in the Sephora box when I brought out the recycling - which doesn’t get picked up until Friday and I’m not too proud to go rustle around the bin tomorrow in daylight and look. The only upside is that I just finally straightened up all my samples and added a bunch of strays that had been hanging around into their proper spots. But, grrr, this is really frustrating me! I want my lashes!

Hope the trash brings you treasures @starsandbucks!

Thank you, @Aaliaa! I'm prepared to dig around racoon-style when I get home tonight!

testing