Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you try and post a product review and it won’t let you. I got the “can’t be submitted at this time” I notice it only happens with negative reviews. And therein lies the second part of my rant. When products do not contain full disclosures. I recently picked up the new Brazilian Bod body scrub/mask thing from Sephora. I love the other Sol de Janeiro products and the lip balm by them is my HG. I’ve been on the search for the past few years for the “perfect scrub” moisturizing with plenty of exfoliants, not extremely painfully expensive because I feel ridiculous paying the $50 for the L’occitaine one I love when it goes so fast and tbh isn’t scrubby enough. But I digress. So I used a drugstore scrub on the left side of my body and the Brazilian Bod on the right side. Then I had my husband rate them for scent and skin softness etc. Brazilian was the clear winner. But did NOT win the day. Why? BECAUSE IM NOW YELLOW ON HALF MY BODY. 😂 I read the description and the only mention of anything is “sunny tint” which I assumed meant the color of the scrub. It doesn’t say self tanner anywhere. Idk if I’m the only person on the planet who missed the memo but I can promise you the girls at Sephora who recommended it made no mention of this. I’m super fair complected so it looks ridiculous in person. I’m really hoping a good scrub with not this will get rid of it. Sooo yeah, misadventures in beauty. There’s all these super positive reviews on the product too but from people who got it for free so I feel like the info is skewed. You can see a bit but I promise it’s worse in person.You can see a bit but I promise it’s worse in person.

Wow. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully that fades soon. I noticed last week none of my negative reviews would go through so now I trust no ratings, only the reviews here. It’s so dishonest to only allow positive feedback as things like this are very helpful to know. 

@Indy701 I agree. It seems dodgy. When I read reviews I usually only am looking for fragrance descriptions if it’s a scented product, because laypeople are better at describing things usually in that category, and negative reviews. You can tell more about whether you’d like something or not by what others don’t like than by what they do. Like, this broke me out, smell terrible, chalky, no payoff etc. seems like Sephora doesn’t let nearly as many negative reviews  through as positive ones. That’s why I always check here. This community is amazing.💖

I have to admit I was a little scared with your review ab...

I have to admit I was a little scared with your review about the sol de j scrub @liv545. I DID purchase it when it first came out & forgot about it so I used it last night in the shower. I'm my "winter pale" (I'm medium/tan olive skin) if the yellow tint was there I'm happy to report it doesn't show on darker skin tone. I even made sure I dried off with a white towel to see if there was any residue - nope. I don't fake bake or self tan so I was not looking for any yellow tint. Sorry it didn't work out for you😔

Re: I have to admit I was a little scared with your review ab...

@sonnydee the Sephora site was glitching for me all day, so super sorry for the delayed response! So glad it worked out for you! I’m assuming it’s not as noticible if you’re not ghostly pale. I avoid the sun like the plague because I’m aging and use a ton of peels and also have a bunch of tattoos..annnnd I tattoo. Can’t very well tell people to stay out of the sun or they’ll mess up their ink, if I’m not doing so myself. Luckily with a couple good showers and scrubs it all came off for me so alls we’ll that ends well!

@liv545 - oh I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know it brings you no comfort, but I know now to steer clear of that scrub so thank you for the PSA. I had thought about buying it during the sale, and now I'm really glad that I didn't. Did you contact Sephora or Sol de Janeiro to let them know what happened? That's got to be an issue with the product. 

@niki172 so I took your advice and called the Rouge Line. The lady was the exact opposite of helpful. She put me on hold for a few minutes after I explained what happened. When she got back on the line she told me the yellow tint should fade after 20 minutes. 😂😂😂 I was like, ummm that’s not how that works. She said a solutions team would look into it. I remarked you guys should think about changing the description a little. Possibly. As a heads up. Cuz maybe some people ahhhh don’t want their body scrub to stain. I mean maybe some people do, as well but yeah. I was just as tinted the day after so not sure how 20 minutes plays in😂😂😂 one of the funnier interactions I’ve had.

@niki172 I didn’t even think to call because I assumed it was an on purpose thing. Like it’s supposed to do that. Maybe I should? And you’re most welcome for the info! I bet this stuff looks great on a tan though. 

@liv545 - I find the CS board here really helpful, and would post there instead of calling the Rouge line if you feel like doing it. The 2 times I've had a problem the mods have gotten back to me in a really decent amount of time, and they've resolved my problems. Calling the Rouge line is like a straw pull - you never know what kind of service you're going to get. Sometimes it's awesome, and other times it's utterly terrible. Good luck :).

@liv545 I did see other reviewers mention this, so it's not just you. I don't think it's meant to be self tanner, it's just not a good product. It's actually the reason I decided not to buy it.

@suzyo yeah, looks like I didn’t read far enough. I saw it stains porous tile and other things in my reading but luckily nothing sticks to my shower. Now to get it off of me😳😂😂😂 I’ve had enough beauty mishaps(with far worse outcomes, think excessive scalp hair gloss, crazy break outs, hives, you name it😂)  over the years so I find it more amusing than anything that I managed to tan half my body.

@liv545 OMG! Thank you for posting this, I had it on my wishlist. 

@Samtian you’re most welcome! I have a friend who is going to love this for the very reason I don’t like it so at least there’s that🎉💖

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@kvpalo  That is so disgusting. Ugh. I’m sorry you had to go through that. That would certainly turn me off of a brand too!  I hope you had hand sanitizer with you or a clean restroom was close. 

Thank you! It was in the mall so I washed my hands quickl...

Thank you! It was in the mall so I washed my hands quickly. I never believed it before when people said the testers were dirty, etc etc but my skin has really cleared up since I don't go into Sephora for testers and mini makeovers so that's the bright side!

1. Missing out on the Unicorn Product again (it's this Surratt shimmery cube thing in a shade that never shows up on the website... my store had it for a hot minute but not long enough for me to buy it)

2. Getting home and realizing a product I bought has coconut oil in it (which makes me break out). My bad for not reading the ingredients in the store but to be fair I was kind of stressed while I was there (someone was arrested while I was there, it was a bit scary). I can take the product back and exchange it unused but I hate doing that, I always feel bad. Oh well.

3. BIC logins... please just let me innnnnn

LOL I feel better now! It's a beautiful day and the sun is out. *Sneezes*

@blueviolet21 Haha, this is me --> SUN!!!! WARMTH! (sneezes violently for the next five minutes) 

Clarisonic peeves:

+ Getting back on the wagon: I love my Mia but it's been ages since I used it regularly and my skin has gotten a bit out of control this month. I've worked it back into my regular routine and am probably about two days away from the mother of all purges... my skin has been too lazy to actually break out but now all the crud is rising from its subterranean slumber 🌋

+ For the life of me, I've never been able to use it without getting water all over my bathroom. I actually switched back to showering at night just so I don't have to attempt it at the sink anymore 🌊

(Bonus peeve: BIC login? PMs? Fugghedaboutit🤦)

@fieldsofclover so you're not ignoring my 4746864 pm's 😋...

@fieldsofclover so you're not ignoring my 4746864 pm's 😋 lol

Re: @fieldsofclover so you're not ignoring my 4746864 pm's 😋...

@GG84 zomg I'm just now able to log in and post and read semi-normally, for the first time in like a week! 💀💀💀

testing