Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@fieldsofclover I am the same with my Mia. I don’t know why I stopped using that expensive little thing but time to start again. Good luck with the purge 

Try the COSRX patches, I don't know what magic it is, but I'm really impressed how well it works. Also try apply your face wash to your face on dry skin. Lightly dampen your Clarisonic, I like to rinse it and then remove all the water before I use it. @fieldsofclover

My little toddler has a haircut today with the new hair stylist whom is my husband’s patient. For whatever reasons he cries and fights more than usual. Needless to say the lady panics and forgets to finish trimming his bang. Everything is cute except the bang gets in his eyes. I am a little upset and complain to my husband. So while baby asleep he decides to help out and fix it....and my baby now definitely has a bad haircut. I am hysterical for the whole hour ...mascara running ... not a pretty sight at all. 

Too many emails from Sephora,I have lost track of how many I have got this weekend with exact same subject.3.png

YAAASSS! I think I have received at least 6 emails today 😬

OMG Yes @Seymore3!! I always have something in my checkout basket and this weekend has been worse then others. If we could make multiple lists, I would be able to keep my basket empty.

There's bad packaging and then this. The only other thing in the box was a single A4 sized receipt. If this was a palette or a delicate product the chances are it would be ruined. Also how does The Bay not have smaller packaging? protective filling?

IMG_1853.jpg

To make it worse, I placed an order for 3 things and it comes with 2 samples. My order has shipped as FOUR DIFFERENT packages?!? How is this fiscally responsible? Ugh, I should have just taken the subway and gone to the Bay myself, probably a smaller carbon footprint.

The Bay strikes again. I can actually stand the product up vertically and it still fits.

IMG_1864.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one! My most recent order was two eye shadow singles and a nail polish duo along with a few 100-point perks and the 250-point notepad. The box it came in was about that size along with a ridiculous amount of stuffing paper. They could've easily have put it all in a box 1/3 of the size.

I don’t understand why they don’t ship things of this size in bubble mailers. @Aaliaa

@Aaliaa - I ordered a bottle of nail polish from Amazon. It arrived in a massive box with no protective packaging. Needless to say, the inside of the box was beautifully painted.  It still makes absolutely no sense. They reshipped exactly the same way with the exact same results. I just gave up.  

One thing I appreciate about Ulta is they bubble wrap nail polishes I've ordered from them. Not a 100% guarantee as I once found out, but I do appreciate the effort. One order had three nail polishes in a bubble wrap bag. Unfortunately one of them leaked and, of course, it was the shade my local store didn't have.

Haha, yeah @ChristineR07. That reminds me how I once ordered flour (please don't judge me, it was actually more convenient) and well it gave 'baking' a whole new meaning.

@Aaliaa - I do online grocery shopping every week. I just go to the store and pick it up. I figure at this point I have no authority to judge anyone. 🙂 I figure if they offer it and it works then it would be silly to not take advantage of modern convenience. I'm not a Luddite. 

WoW ... That is just utterly, bizarrely ludicrous! No way...

WoW ... That is just utterly, bizarrely ludicrous! No way!! WHACK!!!

@Aaliaa I ordered my favorite L’Oréal eyeliner from Bed Bath and Beyond (who knew!) because they always have those 20% off coupons and the price was already lower than anywhere else. I assumed an eyeliner would just get shipped in a padded envelope. Nope. Came in a *gigantic* cardboard box at least 16” long. I felt so environmentally irresponsible - just to save maybe $2.50 total. And I have a CVS that’s literally under a minute walking distance from my home. But WHY are these companies shipping items this way? It’s insanity. 

Edit: Found the photo I took of the package. This was right after Thanksgiving this year. A098A02D-7D2F-4F74-8EAE-EA0820C93181.jpeg

@starsandbucks@heartsmyface I have an answer to this insanity! It more than likely has to do with an automated case sealer/labeler configuration. Orders are still generally picked/packed by hand, but then the open boxes will travel to via conveyors to sealers/labelers/sorters, etc. Case sealers can be configured to close and seal cases of  varying box size (though fixed configurations are MUCH faster and cheaper), but there's still a min/max window for dimensions and I'm guessing it's cheaper and more efficient to stock a limited number of box styles. Why there's zero packaging material/bubble wrap is beyond me though. I always wonder if people packing boxes have never themselves received a package?! 

This was super interesting! Thank you @MissPuff!

Ahhhhhhhhh... I’ve learned something new today!  @MissPuff

They must have some sort of deal with the post office where it’s chesper to ship large boxes.   I can’t think of any other reason.  @starsandbucks

Majority of my shipments come from Sephora or Amazon so this was really shocking. So I got 2 more of my shipments from then with larger items and the've come in bubble-padded enveloped. I guess they must have run out of something smaller at this specific store. I also just wished, they has a shipping facility, so they can send items in one shipment @starsandbucks!

18 Replies
testing