Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@fieldsofclover WOW! I didn't even get an email saying they wre in stock!!!!! WTH??!! I've been waiting.....and waiting.....

Knowing what I know about the Ordinary, they probably had to redeploy all their resources to manage social media fallout @fieldsofclover...  

At this point, I'm waiting for their CEO to pull off a face mask, Scooby Doo style, and reveal that he's actually disgraced ex-American Apparel exec Dov Charney, or something equally absurd.  "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids..."

@RachFace2921 It really does have the same hipster-train-wreck vibe to it, doesn't it... 🤔

I'm annoyed that I'm even contributing to the hype by stockpiling some myself, but I'm sure it could easily be another two months before Sephora gets another shipment. I never thought I'd actually be rooting for Estée Lauder to buy up a business... sigh. This really is the darkest timeline.

It's kind of stupid but it really bothers me haha. ND has the new Tropic palette out. One of the shades is called Tiger Lily (my absolute favorite flower)...and the shade is blue...BLUE... Tiger Lillies aren't blue 😞

Boo... at least KVD's Pink Flamingos seems ironic. 💚

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hadn't looked at the names before, but now I'm annoyed along with you!

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Susubee bwahaha join me!

This is a pretty innocuous pet peeve but... when people post their makeup pics in the Gallery and they have a Snapchat/Instagram filter on them! Gah! What’s the point of sharing makeup looks when you’re hiding what your makeup really looks like? I want to see the true color of a product and the user’s technique, not that they look with bunny ears and whiskers. Post those on your IG! Every time I see it I’m like 😡

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@starsandbucks Omg so true! Especially when some of the filters already come with makeup so the person could literally not wear makeup and still look like they are. Pretty much defeats the purpose of showing product colours, etc. on the gallery 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yes, yes and yes! This is why I don’t do social media... I can’t stand Snapchat and Instagram 🙄

@starsandbucksUgh yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Found a new Estee liner Friday morning and used it on upper lash liner. By time I got home from work Friday night and took off my make up with my Clinique Take The Day Off, my right eye was in terrible pain and red. It's now Wednesday night and my eye is throbbing...still incredibly red. Did I get remover in it? Was it the liner? Is it something else? My friggin eye hurts! I've been putting polysporen drops in and zero relief, it seems to get more irritated when i wear make up. If thats not a beauty pet peeve, i dont know what is!!!

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@GG84 Oh no! This sounds terrible! Was it the liner after all? I wear contacts & I'm always worried about infections.

So my pet peeve turned out to be pretty darn serious. And...

So my pet peeve turned out to be pretty darn serious. And now im terrified.

@curlychiquita and everyone else thank you ❤ this is a bi...

@curlychiquita and everyone else thank you ❤ this is a bit more serious. I've been to the ER twice in 2 days, injection in my eye..a lot of pain and blah. Thank you everyone ❤

Re: @curlychiquita and everyone else thank you ❤ this is a bi...

Hope you are doing better @GG84.

@GG84 😞 Gosh, I'm so sorry!!! I hope your treatments work quickly and well. Please let us know how you are over the next few days if you can. ♡

OMG, @GG84!  Sending you nice, healthy vibes.  I hope you're getting good care and things are improving.  

Re: So my pet peeve turned out to be pretty darn serious. And...

Oh, no, @GG84! It sounds like you've been to a doctor.  I've gotten eye infections from face masks before when serum gets into them (I've vented about this on the Mask Challenge thread), and I needed an antibiotic gel, but this sounds worse.  I hope you are ok!

P.S. I hearted your thread but not because I love your message - just so you'd know that I feel for you.

@GG84 Ew! I'm so sorry to hear that! I agree the othamologist is your best bet! 

@GG84 Oh no, I hope you were able to get a good doc on the case ❤️

testing