Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: So my pet peeve turned out to be pretty darn serious. And...

@GG84 I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@GG84 Nooo you got cursed this weekend too, I'm sorry... I haven't even properly worn my new one yet, feel like I need to let things settle for another day or two 🤕🤬

@fieldsofclover it's so bizzare. With no make up the irritation is ALMOST gone but as soon as even concealer gets near my eye BOOM the redness and pain are instant. I gotta head to my doctor. I have a huge event in a few days that I need to look like a non scary human for lol

Did you go see a Dr @GG84?  I have very easily irritated eyes - mega burning and watering from even slight irritation 😵.  Make sure while you're working this out you use a face wash that's not drying.  Seems insignificant,  it makes a big difference.   

Hope you're ok!!! Sending you good eye vibes.

@fieldsofclover @GG84 you may need to see opthomologist. Hope both of you feel better soon.

Sephora developers: if you read this, please please please fix the authentication bug.  This is beyond annoying and you know it can be done.

It's ridiculous. It takes me sooo long to log in that I g...

It's ridiculous. It takes me sooo long to log in that I get frustrated and give up.

@mermadelove....There are other things....? 😃

@mermadelove....There are other things....? 😃

Re: @mermadelove....There are other things....? 😃

@GG84  tarte Mermaid Vault........ Hopefully it'll come to Sephora!!!!

Image result for tarte mermaid vault

Wow, @mermadelove, that is pretty!

@curlychiquita  I just got the email that Sephora got most everything in the vault today. I am just going to get the brushes during the APril sale. I really don't need everything in the vault........( I keep telling myself this hoping it will work!!!)

Re: It's ridiculous. It takes me sooo long to log in that I g...

@GG84 Same here!!!! I feel like the Universe is trying to get us interested in other things..... LOLOL

OMG it's been \horrible this week! I did the keep a tab open trick to get on successfully on my laptop finally, but even then, every time I tried to ge to a response from an email., it woild throw me back to my profile page, until it FINALLY decided to let me on!!! On my iPad I tried going thorugh browser, no deal. Tried going through app, things weren't loading correctly @KatieBT is anyone on the mothership aware that this is happening???

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Aaaaaaaaaand now the app won't let me read long comments OR see pictures. And the m.web version is endless signin looping me. On the bright side, if this continues, I'm going to be super productive this weekend.

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Susubee try this?

I've had serious problems signing in the last couple of days too, both desktop and mobile (chrome for both, Win7 and Android), and this has finally worked for me:

Keep two sephora tabs open. One needs to be to a page on the main Sephora site that prompts for log in. I use my order history page. The second tab is for BT.

Whenever BT signs me out, I swap over to my order history tab, refresh, and sign in again. Then I can refresh my BT tab and 95% of the time, I'm signed back in. Just trying to sign in from BT doesn't seem to work, but for some reason it does from the main site. It's obnoxious that I have to do it this way, but it takes all of 10 seconds and seems pretty solid as a workaround. ☺️

Dear Developers- Apparently that's asking to much. Might I suggest fixing the bugs in the app as an alternative. If you're going to leave that as our only login alternative, I'd like to at least be able to read full posts. At the very least.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't close my YSL Baby Doll mascara all the way and that's why it dried out. I'm really bummed because I can't justify spending that much on a mascara (I bought it in a set), no matter how much I like the effect it gives. Maybe when the Nordstrom mascara event comes around again.

@makeitup305 I did the same thing with my inglot gel liner. It completely dried up overnight and I was super bummed too. 

Lately I have been noticing that some of my lipsticks and cream blushes are coming out of the bottom of the tubes. I purchased a TSV from QVC and only went to swatch the lip product on the whole thing just popped out of the tube. I did not extend the product far out of the tube when that happened.

Grey hair in my eyebrows is a major pet peeve of mine. I still have not found a way to camouflage the ugliness of it. I do press hard with my eyebrow pencil and use a tinted setting gel concentrating on getting every last grey hair covered but I wish there was a way to make it look more natural. I do get my eyebrows tinted every 4 weeks but that only lasts 2-3 days at the most.

I am using Neubrow nightly so there goes Wonderbrow to test.

Have you tried microbladding?
testing