Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm finally giving up on trying to find the good lipbalm I lost and am just going to crack open the next one. I've been trying to be good and manage with subpar ones until I found it, but my lips can't take it anymore! I just know as soon as I open the new one the old one will show up again.

Speaking of this lipbalm, I think losing easy access to buying it will be the hardest part of moving for me. Luckily there are still stores around me that sell it, but it's a local brand to where I currently live, so it's in all the stores and farmers markets. The brand is RAD Soaps, and it's their Phat Lip balm. It's less than $4 ad seriously the best one I've ever used, and the flavors are amazing. The only downside is they're a bit stoner-y looking (they use hemp oil, which is part of what makes them so nice), but if you don't mind that you all should seriously give them a try!

@Annalily11 I reapply lip balm approximately 400 times a day and am always looking for an amazing new balm to try. Which flavor is your favorite? If I can find something I like more than the $18 Sol de Janiero I’m currently on my 5th tube of I’d be a happy camper!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I really enjoy the Cherry and the tango flavors!

RAD products look interesting. I looked them up online and saw they are available at my local Whole Foods Market. The Phat lip balm looks like it may help my winter ravished lips. Thanks for mentioning RAD products @Annalily1.

Happy to help, particularly when it also gets a good local businesses name out there!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Anyone else having a hard time staying signed in, or signing in period, on pc? I am here using the app on my phone, just to mention the problem I'm having on pc. I only like to use Sephora's app to read BIC when I'm out and about because the display manages to remove a ton of spaces, which turns a normally nice, formatted post into a garbled bunch of run-on sentences. And while I do try to read that, my eyes just slide right off huge wall of text. Short posts are manageable. Any tips appreciated! I hope the answer is not clearing cookies, last time I did that I wiped out all my passwords accidentally

@gingerleigh Today is the first time I've been able to log onto BIC in days. I got on yesterday through the app, but on PC no go.

@gingerleigh@GennX@alexasteph@Krysa13@heartsmyface,

You are not alone!  I couldn't get on BIC from my desktop for about 4 days to do anything or to even PM to tell someone.  It was very frustrating.  The first thing that I did, when I could get on BIC was to PM Katie to tell her so she could tell the IT department.

I think everyone should PM the Mods about this if they can get on BIC to do that.

...I was just about to throw my iPad and computer out the window and probably jump out after them myself because that’s a lot of money to bust into pieces on the driveway...

But now things look like they’re working again and hopefully I haven’t just jinxed it. 😉 

Here to echo I had the exact same problem. I’m hoping it’s been fixed because I’ve been able to stay logged in tonight, but just in case it’s not I want to BIC tech crew to know! 

Yes, I have this trouble too 😞

@gingerleigh, I still can't get past page 2 of the BIC feed.  I know I am missing threads that people respond to, but I can't get to page 3.  Anything after page 2, and the BIC says, "This page isn't available." So, everyone, I'm sorry that I've missed your posts!

Yep. I can’t sign in unless I use the ap. So annoyed.

@curlychiqyita that’s been happening to me as well on a desktop but it just reloads page 2 instead of going to page 3

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Kim888, it's so annoying! @RGbrown, thank you, I will try your tip!

I've been having issues too...just posted what works for me in the feedback thread, so I'm gonna be lazy and just C&P it here too

Not sure if this is the same issue/resolution or not, but I've had serious problems signing in the last couple of days too, both desktop and mobile (chrome for both, Win7 and Android), and this has finally worked for me:

Keep two sephora tabs open. One needs to be to a page on the main Sephora site that prompts for log in. I use my order history page. The second tab is for BT.

Whenever BT signs me out, I swap over to my order history tab, refresh, and sign in again. Then I can refresh my BT tab and 95% of the time, I'm signed back in. Just trying to sign in from BT doesn't seem to work, but for some reason it does from the main site. It's obnoxious that I have to do it this way, but it takes all of 10 seconds and seems pretty solid as a workaround.

@gingerleigh@quspork@JessyAnne@ChristineR07@lmi82@Kim888

@RGbrown

I did try keeping my basket open on another tab when I couldn't sign in to BIC and it still didn't work for me.  I tried using several different options on the regular Sephora site, but not  My History.  I hope the Bug is fixed now and we don't need to use this tip, but thank you for posting it.

@tsavorite

I used to pretty much always have a second Sephora tab open anyways, for shopping, playing with my cart, etc, but lately it seems it *has* to be a page that prompts for log in, which is why I'm using my order history page now. Just refreshing the cart stopped working for me, unless I wanted to proceed to checkout (thus being prompted to sign in) but I was terrified I'd accidentally hit submit and place an order I didn't actually want lol. 

@RGbrown,

I often have a second tab open too! I found that even with being unable to access BIC from my tabletop computer, I could still place an order.  That's why I would leave my basket open on one tab, because I knew that it was in working order.  I didn't worry about accidentally placing an order, but maybe I should have!

I've been using the order history as well, but didn't think to keep dual windows open.  Great thinking @RGbrown!

@RGbrown thank you for the tip I will try it!
1 Reply
testing