Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yup. I've had that problem since yesterday. I use Chrome and I keep getting signed out of BIC. I'm also having a hard time logging back in. It takes me around 2-4 tries to finally be able to log onto BIC. Clearing my cache/cookies doesn't help either. 

What I've been doing is signing out of my Sephora account (the regular site keeps me signed in, but BIC doesn't for some reason). I'll then go to the BIC main feed and sign in again there. After a couple of tries, BIC will finally let me log in. Totally not ideal, but that's the only thing that works at the moment.

@lmi82  I was having this problem on chrome as well! Clearing my cookies/history did help though - I had to clear it for all time though not just the last week or whatever before it had any effect.

I have a bunch so I might as well list them off.

1. Face masks that literally burn

2. Nail polish that is super sheer

3. Makeup samples that don't last past one use

4. Tiny sprays on perfume samples

5. Paying a ton of money for products that don't work

6. Tiny shade ranges

7. Clumpy mascara

8. Highlighter that doesn't show up

9. Flaking mascara

10. Sticky lip-gloss

11. Eyeshadow that only looks good in the pan and when swatched

12. Blending that takes forever

13. The time you spend swatching literally everything in Sephora only to walk out with two things

14. Moisturizers that don't last

15. Peel-off masks that hurt

16. Shimmery bronzer that looked matte in store

17. Accidentally applying too much blush

18. Getting mascara on your nose

Ok so here's a very recent one: I went to my local SiJCP to get a bunch of different masks. I really wanted to get a couple of the Dr. Jart Shake and Shot rubber masks. THey didn't have that, among other things I went in for. So I picked up a lip balm. While I wsa there I asked for a sample of the GLam Glow Glitter mask. My daughter had been begging for a peel off mask and I Figured I would get her a sample. Although they had three of them  available for sale, there was no tester. So she offered me a sample of the gravity mud. "Same forlmua!" She said. Then she proceeded to give me a THIMBLE FULL. Seriously, my kid is FIVE and the sample did not cover her face.......... 

@mermadelove That really is pet peevey! 😒

@JessyAnne TELL me about it!!! I spend thousands of dollars on product a year and you literally give me less than a thimblefull of product to try???? PLEASE!!!!

Yes, it is so annoying when we’re treated like beggars off the street once asking for a sample. Drives me batty. @mermadelove 

The first thing I do after I brush my teeth most days is put on my tried and true Rosebud Minted Lip Balm.  Saturday AM, it was not in my drawer of lip products.  I checked the bedroom, my son's bathroom, his bedroom, and finally had to ask hubby.  Here is the conversation that occurred:

Me:  Have you seen my lip balm?

Hubby:  Yeah Justin's (his friend) lips were bothering him yesterday while we were working on the motorcycle trailer so I let him borrow it.

Me:  So you let him stick his dirty fingers into my tin of lip balm?

Hubby: (looks at me as if I have lost my mind)

Ok I get the whole "being a nice host" thing, "mi casa es su casa", but mi lip balm is not su lip balm!

@AMHWKI - Holy cow! That is a whole new level of crossing boundaries! 

beyonce no GIF

It’s his now cause I wouldn’t want it back.   What in the actual f..... not okay.  @AMHWKI

@heartsmyface He told me it was in the trailer if I needed it.  I said "Ummm no thanks.  You can keep it!"

How does one get this far in life without learning this lesson about boundaries?  @AMHWKI. I feel violated FOR you.  

LOL!

yeah that's gross - lip balm is not a communal item 

Oh yuck! That would upset me too.

At first I was mad, then totally bewildered, then mad again 🙂

I would be mad if my HUSBAND borrowed my lip products let alone his friends.  

A little light- at least they didn’t use it and leave it there not telling you.  @AMHWKI

I'm with you on this one. Lip products, toothbrushes, and deodorant are NOT shareables. 😖

It’s a sad thing this has to be said to anyone beyond 12 years old.  @Susubee

The new Loves List...ah man I do not like it at all. I had 8 pages of stuff...now you can only do 10 at a time. 

When I sort them alphabetically A-Z, it starts with H?? and when I go all the way down to the end, it doesn't loop around to the A-G part...

@Samtian

1 Reply
testing