Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@gingerleigh That is weird! I haven't looked at it that way yet.

They've actually made it worse!

@Aaliaa Yep yep yep! Much worse!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Not sure if I would call this a peeve..more like a hmmmm. organizing my UD singles..and I look at a few and think "why did I buy you again?" (blackout, sideline)

Random reactions to things. Got out of the bath, put on body oil afterward, and five minutes later half of my skin is red and itchy everywhere! I was halfway through the bottle, so it's not like I was testing a new product. Binned it and took a Benadryl right away, but seriously, what the heck 😡

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Allergic reactions pop up out of nowhere sometimes. I use to use the Dove bodywash for years and then one day I just broke out in hives. Granted I have eczema, but still it was fine for years.

@fieldsofclover Boy can I ever relate sister. My ordeal, random reaction to DEODORANT. I thought it odd at first, itchy, rash, hives. So I bought a different scent. SAME reaction. So I bought a different brand. SAME reaction. Now the rash is going to my face...NOPE. Go to my dr. Tells me its either one of two ingredients in deodorant i'm allergic too and that our bodies can just react due to overuse. So I go to natural health stores, find some without those two ingredients...STILL ITCHY, STILL RASH. WTH!! I'm in tears. What's a girl to do?! I've spent about $100 on natural deodorants and i'm still reacting. Last  week I go into a different natural store and a teenage girl is working, I explain my scenerio...BAKING SODA! She yells excitedly. Turns out when you remove the two ingredients im allergic too, natural companies often add baking soda in their place BUT she knows of one that doesn't. She grabs it for me, of course it's $35C but I buy it...and wouldnt you know...she was right ❤ no itchy and I pleasently smell of blackberries lol

@fieldsofclover!  Oh no, I hate when that happens!  Somewhere around 35 I became allergic to Vanilla scented products (??) and there are a lot of them!  I had to give two expensive perfumes that I'd been using away.  On the plus side, my friend was happy.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Beauty Pet Peeve: when you put on eyeliner and you get it perfect. Then you decide to go over it one more time and you somehow knock the pencil or brush against the mirror because you’re too close. No you’ve got this huge black dot on your eyelid or you wingtip looks like you tried to do it while you were drunk. 🙄

Not a peeve, but do you ever read things wrong...? My eyes swore they saw a U and not an L and an I.  I’m never going to see this palette the same again and I kinda love it.  F244B279-30AC-449D-B57E-08242E1DEA03.jpeg

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I see the same thing dude...that’s messed up

Oh that definitely looks like a U hahahaaa

Haha, I thought you were just talking about the name of the palette, or whatever. And I was like, “Why would anyone think it said Star Ut?” Then I looked at the actual shadow names, and it made MUCH more sense.

That does seem like the best kind of eye trick to forever give you a little chuckle.

"the gutter palette"

I'll never see this palette again with any other shade name than that  LMAO 😄

@heartsmyface Presented without comment:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180220-220916.png

@fieldsofclover,

Oh, I see what you mean....

@fieldsofclover LOL that took me second

I see what you see;) @fieldsofclover

This will be two related peeves. 

Sometime last week I misplaced my ABH foundation stick I use for contour. I swear I did a clean sweep of my vanity and it was just GONE. I gave it a couple days to turn up, went through a few bags, my car and my work desk and still couldn’t find it. 

I have a really, really, really big event coming up at the beginning of March that I need to do special makeup for. I decided to replace the product but wanted to use the opportunity to try something new. So I ordered the Fenty Match Stix in Amber, which was delivered today and should be the end of my peeve. Nope!

So of course right on cue while I’m doing my face this morning I look over at the same jar I searched at least 20 times the past two weeks and my contour stick is sitting right there. In front of my eyes, in the open. I live alone and highly doubt anyone is breaking in, borrowing an old, used contour stick and bringing it back in the middle of the night! So it’s nice to have it back but kind of annoying because I’m seriously questioning my sanity. And I’ve bought a replacement, which was scheduled to be delivered today. Which leads me to the next peeve...

Got home from work to my Sephora delivery. Opened it up and and was bummed to find a very poorly packed and opened product. It’s mostly fine (but the top of the product inside is smushed a little weirdly, but I don’t think it’s been used by someone else). But the product box itself had come totally open because everything was loose and just knocking around during shipping. There was no packing securing anything down. I’ve never called to complained to the Rouge line before but I think I will tomorrow. My Match Stix escaped!My Match Stix escaped!

(And, no, didn’t get the samples I requested either. 😂 That’s a given!)

@starsandbucks, I do that "lost it, but not really lost" thing all of the time.  Especially when it's right in front of me.  SO I understand!  Sorry about the Sephora package delivery, though.

testing