Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh, that drives me nuts when I can’t find things!  Usually it’s either the cat or the baby who have resituated my belongings, but sometimes, yeah, I lose my things in plain sight.  It’s worse when I accuse one of the above mentioned on my frantic searches to find things only to find it was actually me who misplaced or overlooked something.  😳 @starsandbucks

and wow, i can’t believe they sent that in that condition.  

@starsandbucks

I lost a lipstick a few months ago. Tore my place apart looking for, checked the tray it should have been in half a dozen times, even laid out the entire container piece by piece and couldn't find it. Ordered another one (same product, but decided I wanted to try a different color this time). Went to put the new one up when it arrived, and lo and behold, the missing one was right where it was supposed to be. What the...?? How does this happen?

At least now you have two 😄

@RGbrown @starsandbucks  It's the faeries. Obviously they were playing with your makeup and also wanted you to treat yourself to something new. Duh. LOL

I can't stand it when Sephora will get a new brand (at least one that I have never heard of) and immediately there are tons of 5 star reviews.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.48.24 AM.png

I understand that there are brands I'm unaware of, but this just makes me feel like I will never buy from this brand. 

that happened to Fenty BEFORE it was released lolll

that happened to Fenty BEFORE it was released lolll

@suzyo this brand has been around for a couple of years at least and I've heard Wayne Goss and Stephanie Nicole (super reliable YTers IMO) both say they really love it, so I'd still give it a shot. My pet peeve is more about when it's a new product that JUST released and it has reviews already. How? It's been on the market 2 days!

Which one is this @suzyo?

@k617 Artist Couture 

@suzyo I have an Artist Couture loose blush I received in a Boxycharm but haven’t heard much of the brand otherwise.  I can kind of see why they’d have 5 stars cause it’s just loose pigment.  Hard to mess that up.  

@suzyo Ah, yes...I've only recently heard from the brand since it was posted all over Instagram it was coming to Sephora. Don't know what it is, either! Definitely suspicious.

My order was supposed to arrive on a Wednesday and when I checked the status that night it said it had been delivered but it wasn't.  Of course the next day it was actually delivered.  Did the driver just decide to say it was delivered when it wasn't???  Has this happened to anyone else?

PS - This was supposed to be a 2-3 day delivery from Sephora.  The order was placed on a Saturday.  

This happens from time to time. At least the package arrived safely. 

Sorry that happened to you.  I have this happened to me once or twice @b3autygrl.  I think what happened was the carrier company got overloaded that day and (the delivery person had to mark it as delivered per management order) and s/he has to deliver the next day.  Personally, i dont mind it (better one day late than never) 😉

Yes, I'm glad it actually arrived.  Although I did have a split second panic attack wondering if they had actually delivered it and someone had taken it.  Good thing, that wasn't the case.

I want to make it straight!😩😩😩

Why do companies keep doing stuff like this? Ahhhhhh🤦🏼‍♀️IMG_7998.PNG

I don't get this either...Seems like lots of unnecessary extra packaging just to accommodate the wider width of the quad too!

What jerks!  There’s no reason to have done this except to upset us.  @Susubee

I think it's a bar bet, in product form.

@Susubee. My OCD self wouldNEVER buy this. It hurts my eyes!!!! And makes me wonder what else they’ve got skewed.........

@mermadelove It's kicking off my anxiety every time I look at it. Why? Why do this? It accomplishes absolutely nothing functionally nor aesthetically.

So.much.eye.twitching.

@Susubee Chaotic evil. Not allowed into my house.

*looks for a holy water emoji*

1 Reply
testing