Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When makeup brands test their products on animals and people actually buy that crap, esp. when there are so many other cruelty free options.

when you find/love a brand that's advertised as cruelty f...

when you find/love a brand that's advertised as cruelty free and then you find out it's available in mainland China 😑

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Smashbox Photo Finis Primer. I Swear that stuff STALKS me!! Every time I order from Sephora and they mysteriously run out of my requested sample even though it is still showing as in stock online I get one of these. And in my FIRST Allure box today. which means I get a DELUXE sample of the stuff I hate. It makes my skin feel like it is coated in pure silicone!!!! 

Donate your unloved samples to a women’s shelter or to an old age home biannually;). They tend to be estactic to be on the receiving end.   They’ll super appreciate it and you’ll be relieved of your clutter AND those samples will make you feel good after all 🙂 @mermadelove

@heartsmyface This is what I used to do with the TSB's back in the day!! THANK YOU for the reminder!!!!!!! So perfect!!

@mermadelove hahaha you really got one in your Allure box? That stuff follows you around more than anyone I know!

Also, I got a teeny hand-potted sample of it in a swag bag today and immediately thought of you. 😂

I just don't understand it!!!! @fieldsofclover  Do they REALLY think nobody has had a chance to try it?!?!

Lol!   @mermadelove  Those samples are everywhere - At one time, someone here was going to save all of hers and string them together like a Christmas garland - can't recall exactly who it was...

hat's hilarious! @Tamara76  I need to think of actual uses for mine. Windshield protector? Tight ring remover for after the holidays? Rusty hinge lubricant? THere's gotta be something!!!!

Amen! I feel like I'm getting this sample SO much lately!...

Amen! I feel like I'm getting this sample SO much lately! It was my favorite last year but I'm so sick of it now and they just keep sending it. Just stop!! @mermadelove

Re: Amen! I feel like I'm getting this sample SO much lately!...

@Lazybeautybeast  I could literally prime my HOUSE with it!!!!

@mermadelove we need to do a podcast or something, I can't stop laughing

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! @fieldsofclover

I ran out of my beloved DDG ferulic+ retinol peel and there’s no good promo codes or point perks! I’m not usually one to complain about this kinda stuff but I’m on a low- buy and these are expensive and super necessary to my routine so I can’t wait around for anything good to pop up! #firstworldbeautyproblems 

Sephora deleting reviews.

I had been regularly checking reviews of the Pat McGrath Decadence palette because I'm so on the fence. There were 5 reviews, with one of them being 3 stars (the others were all 5). The 3 star review wasn't even bad, it basically just said that it wasn't necessarily worth the money and that they experienced fallout with the gold shade. And now the review is magically gone. Meanwhile other reviews, that give no insight into the actual performance of the palette, are still sitting there because they're 5 stars. -__-

Yeah, I regularly experience technical difficulties while writing reviews. 🤐

I realized I'm really annoyed by beauty products whose names or descriptions fail the Bechdel Test.

when my left eye - and only my left eye waters causing the shadow in my crease and the top half of my lid to disappear - but leaves the lower half intact

@sparklekai My eye does the EXACT same thing, except it’s my right eye!!! I call it my leaky eye. It’s not all the time though. When I’ve asked my doctors about it in the past, they just passed it off as allergies. I feel like if it were allergies it would be in both eyes. And none of the allergy medicine as ever helped. I thought it was just me! It’s definitely a pain in the butt. 😬

@Shosh85 my dr suggested that my eye wanted to embrace it's natural beauty... Cat Surprised

@sparklekai Ha! Well that’s not very helpful!  😬👀

testing