Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: WAIT @fieldsofclover, SK-II IS AT COSTCO!?!?!!?!! How hav...

@Lazybeautybeast...maybe? The Costco I usually go to is the actual Kirkland one (of "Kirkland Signature" fame) so I never know how much of what I see is stuff that is regional/national and how much is, like, one pallet of market testing.

Re: WAIT @fieldsofclover, SK-II IS AT COSTCO!?!?!!?!! How hav...

(Pet peeve: I'm automatically suspicious when autocomplete suggests "pallet", even when the context is actually correct.)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@fieldsofclover Totally happened to me 😄 I told myself if I finish my current Missha essence and then test, the  mini size SK II that came in the soko to Tokyo set, properly seeing the results then maybe I can buy it from Costco.

When you receive an email receipt for a purchase you never made. This is the second time in the past month - I am irked and paranoid! I've just emailed CS again to see if they can resolve it, but I'm starting to dislike the email-linked-to-account system. Why are stores accepting verbal confirmations of our BI account with an email versus our actual account number???

I wouldn't mind if the person wasn't redeeming a good chunk of my points, but now I have to ask CS if they'll give me points for the trouble. And they're doing small cash transactions that can't be traced. This doesn't seem fraudulent at all... *rolls eyes*. $15 item and redeems 700 points! Smiley Mad

Generally, it's not your email that is an issue, it's you...

Generally, it's not your email that is an issue, it's your name and how common it may be. most people don't carry their cards with them and see it as an incovenience. So cashiers will look the client up by name and year of birth. Maybe change your account details to include a middle name.

considering that the card is available on your phone on t...

considering that the card is available on your phone on the Sephora app and the online account and is super easy to have accesible at all times, staff should not accept anyone without proper verification, that is absolutely ridiculous and awful!!!

@Melissa136 I’m sorry! That’s so frustrating!

Nooooo! @Melissa136 That’s so creepy!

@Beadshopgirl It definitely is! The first time it happened it was during the night. I was checking all of my bank info to make sure it wasn't compromised, I didn't get a wink of sleep that night!

Ugh, that's really annoying!! Is there any way to change the email address linked with your BI account for now?

@k617 I'm going to wait for what CS can do. The first time it happened I made an entirely new email to give my BI account a fresh one, but somehow it happened again. I'm hoping it's not based on first and last name, and that's how other people are accessing my information because my first and last name are pretty common.

I might make a silly email just for Sephora and hope that it's so uncommon that it can't be guessed unless it's me. 😞

When you change your BIC avatar and don't recognize you own responses on threads anymore. 

I'm enjoying everyone's new avatars but you all are missing with me. lol

hahahaha!!! i'm so there with you!!! i'm all where are my shoes?! 😛

@sparklekai I keep trying to reply to myself!

@Susubee almost didn’t recognize you with those shades 😉😎

My beauty pet peeve is how I look like Charlize Theron fr...

My beauty pet peeve is how I look like Charlize Theron from Monster when I don't have on makeup, but when I do have on makeup I DO NOT look like Charlize Theron from the Jador commercial.

Re: My beauty pet peeve is how I look like Charlize Theron fr...

This is the best thing I’ve read all week @ladystarkill3r 😂😂😂 and relatable 😁😂😂

When the website you're ordering from is being glitchy and taking too long to accept your shipping and payment info so the GWPs that you had in your order sell out in the 20-freaking-minutes that you were attempting to check out. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Wearing a Colourpop shadow today that I haven't worn for awhile... Prickly Pear - beautiful, but raining glitter all over my face and in my eyes (I wear contacts). Ouch!

That happened to me recently, @k617!  Yikes!

1 Reply
testing