Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I always miss the higher point Sephora rewards 😞😞😑 I dislike how they don’t say what time they go up, and I’m just so disappointed tbh

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Rewards go up at 9AM PST.

they have 3x points now thru 11/19

they have 3x points now thru 11/19

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

MUFE.jpg

Did anyone else see this story on The View? I swear, I almost screamed out loud when they showed this picture of a MUFE display in an unfortunate Sephora location. So the story goes that a mom went shopping in Sephora with her child who the got VERY hands on with the displays, destroying $1300 worth of makeup!

It's not really a pet peeve (I have no children yet so I don't know what it's like) but when did it become so difficult to take kids shopping? I'd also like to know which Sephora location this is. YIKES!

Most parents have developed super quick reflexes by the time a child reaches the height of those shadows, but lets be generous here. As a parent of a nimble fingered little guy,  I can see a child getting away with ruining maybe three or four items in the time it takes to calmly(i’m giving them time here) put what you’re sampling down and react to their actions.  By the looks of this display there was absolutely no adult supervision or <gasp> parenting on this child.   It is a challenge to shop with kids because you’re parenting and shopping at the same time and that requires multitasking, but it’s not impossible to do so without destroying everything.  I think they should be held responsible for the cost of the damage (or at least should have offered to replace some of it at cost) @ope590

@heartsmyface  I agree; they are so much quicker than us!  One of mine liked to escape from his strollers (we had to buy 3 different styles before we could find one that he couldn't escape from or disrobe and throw his clothes and shoes while still buckled and riding.)  This same son, during a trip to the mall, hid in the middle of a clothing rack, and would not respond when a clerk and I called his name.  He thought that was fun.  I never took him clothes shopping again.

@Ispend2much6 Guess which one of mine did exactly the same thing? Lol!  When they were little we finally ended up getting them the harnesses with the leash attached. We got some really snotty looks but it was the only way to keep three toddlers from scattering like roaches in the mall. At least they could walk on their own and still explore a little without getting into trouble 

@jozkid  "scattering like roaches..."  lol  They are that quick, and unpredictable!

I agree @heartsmyface. Kids move fast, but that’s a WHOLE lot of damage to do in a short time. Someone’s little darling was left unsupervised for a while. 

O.k.  I have seen kids do nasty and seriously rude stuff in stores, like literally lick a palette at Sephora.  I can understand a kid messing up one palette or lipstick, because kids move faster than you can grab them sometimes, but where was the mom while the kid was doing this much damage?  As a parent, I don’t get how someone could leave a little kid alone long enough to do that much damage unless they just watched the kid do it and didn’t care.  One of my biggest pet peeves is people who let their kids act like wild animals in stores and restaurants. 

@Tamara76 Ughh really, licking a palette?? And yes to everything you said.. I work in a restaurant & some parents act like server also means "babysitter."

@Tamara76 I am a strong believer in taking children out to dinner so they can learn to be civilized in public. And I am also a strong believer in ensuring they play by the rules in public - like no running around, no yelling, no whining. Other people are paying to enjoy their time out, too, you know? While I’ll cut parents some slack, it’s unbelievable what some parents will let their children get away with in public 

I totally agree, @jozkid and @ohheyitscindyk!

As a mom, I also try to be understanding - Kids have meltdowns, get tired/hungry, sometimes act out and some kids have medical/health reasons that make it hard for them to control impulses (one of my kids had ADHD), which is forgivable.  But when parents straight up ignore bad behavior that affects other people or property in public places, it's not o.k. 

I will admit, I was feeling salty when I posted my note above after a kid rammed  a mini shopping cart into my leg at Trader Joe's yesterday and the mom just watched, but didn't say a word to me or her kid (it was not an accidental little bump and she had been ramming the cart into a shelf before I walked past her).  If one of my kids had done that, I'd have been mortified and would have apologized and asked my kid to apologize.

I gave the mom and kid "the look" and said "Excuse me," but the mom just stared at me and the kid started laughing.  My daughter was pissed and before I could say anything else, she looked at the mom and said "Boy am I glad my mom never let me behave like that in a store. You should be embarrassed." The mom looked shocked and grabbed her kids and stomped off, thankfully, because I was not trying to get involved in any drama at Trader Joe's right before Thanksgiving!  

OMG your daughter is awesome @Tamara76!

clap3.gif

Some people... Ugh. I'll keep my "parenting" comments to myself 😄

Thanks, V! ❤️   @veronika23

@Tamara76 I can't believe she watched it happen & didn't say anything! As for your daughter,

standing-ovation-gif-4

Good for your daughter, her upbringing by you shows class and style! @Tamara76

Thanks, y'all!  I know I'm not a perfect mother (no one is), but that mom was something else.  I am proud of my mini-me - She knows how to stand up for herself and other people, but she also has pretty good manners and wouldn't ordinarily clap back at a grown up.  I know some people would think it rude for me to allow her to say that to an adult, but I thought it was quite justified in this situation and it probably spared all of us from more drama.  Ugh.  Happy Thanksgiving! 😉

@prettyinpa @jozkid @Ispend2much6 @ohheyitscindyk

Whoa. I’m with you on this one @Tamara76. Good for your daughter for teaching that mother an important lesson (and saving you from having to deal with her). 

@Tamara76  Good for your daughter!  You raised her right.

I can't believe the mom and her kid just walked out like that!

No matter how $$ the damage is, it's still her responsibility. Even if Sephora didn't want her money to pay for the damaged testers, she could have at least stuck around to offer help?

Anyway, maybe the Sephora employees already told her it'd be OK at that point - we don't know - but sure doesn't sound like it if she was "hustling" out of their with her child.

testing