Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hm. I actually like it organized by brand because I think it's easy to browse. I have my favorite brands that I stick to mostly anyways. I also like that if I don't know what I want I can get recommendations instead of having to choose things myself off the shelf.

Even drugstores are organized by brand. It would seem odd to me if makeup stores weren't.

Yeah, I don't think I'd like it when I'm just browsing.  It's just annoying when I have something particular in mind that I want to buy, and I have to run around the store trying products from different brands until I find one that fits my needs.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have been searching everywhere for over a week for my Too Faced x Kandee Banana Pudding Powder. Like seriously everywhere to the point of digging through the garbage. I had it when I spent the night at my parents and when I came home, it was MIA: It wasn't in my purse. It wasn't in my overnight bag. It wasn't in the bathroom at my parents, it wasn't in the bedroom at my parents. It wasn't in the garbage. It wasn't in my dad's car, which I spent six hours in. Nowhere to be found! I assumed lost in transit. I just found it in my travel makeup bag. How did I not think to check there?? What is wrong with me!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ha, that's too funny!!!  Right where it was supposed to be! 

Just before reading where you found your banana powder I was wondering to myself whether you or your parents had a cat.  My cat steals my stuff if I don't put it away.  @shimmerbait

Lol @heartsmyface nope just dogs! My current dog does not share my love for makeup!!

@shimmerbait Everytime I spend the night someplace else I lose something! It's never actually lost though, I'll search everywear just to stumble upon it when I'm not looking. Seriously, everytime.

@shimmerbait Haha! I do that all the time too. 

Censorship. Still. Grinds. My. Gears. 

Image result for rolls eyes gif

And people who only use the search bar to steal thread titles grinds my gears...

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hear you. The community is still going through growing pains and I'm not feeling like I should change to keep up with it. Under-utilization of the search, repetitive bs, and the fact that some threads simply don't appear anyone (i miss the Natural skincare thread in my feed) are tough.

@lmi82 How about palette, pallet, and palete? 😉

Or regime v. regimen. It hurts my brain.

Haha! Don't even get me started on the spelling, @gonerogue. 😉 😄

I'm not understanding the consistency of the censorship either, I keep seeing curse words and such and I thought that was a no-no? What are you trying to post @lmi82?

Well, I called out a newcomer who stole a thread title (that didn't even go with what they wrote). I swear that people are only using the search bar to rip off other people's threads. It baffles me. Anyway, my post had to be hidden or deleted... I don't know. It's just gone, but I can still see it in my conversation activity. Haha, it just makes no sense! 

The funny thing is that worse things have been allowed to stay on BIC. Whoever decides what stays and what goes really needs to sort out their priorities. In all honesty, I just wish we all had a better understanding of how these post removals work. This inconsistent censorship makes absolutely no sense and I've just about had it with BIC.  

Apologies for my rant... it's just hard to see my little happy place like this. BIC is starting to not be fun anymore. 😞

@suzyo

@lmi82 No need to apologize, I saw that post on that thread with my own 2 eyes. I wonder why it was deleted? Someone must have reported it. I wonder if I just report all the nonsense threads I see if they will be deleted too.

Thanks, @suzyo. That makes me feel better. 🙂

I don't think my post was reported because the thread was shut down (the reply button is grayed out). And my reply wasn't deleted... it's hidden. The thread shows no replies, yet my post is still in my conversation history. It's all just so weird.

@lmi82 That happened to one of my posts too. Someone posted about using cheap glitter from amazon around their eyes, and my response that it maybe wasn't safe was hidden but the original post (with no comment?) still showed up when scrolling through the feed.

Wow. I can understand why mine could have ruffled some feathers, but legitimate makeup safety advice should not have been removed. I'm sorry that happened, @skcfan. 😞

IMG_0195.PNG

For some reason this grinds my gears. I'm going to spend 1000 points to go to a store to get a coupon for 20% that I can only use that day? On leggings that are $120? Nope. I find it almost offensive that they sent me this email. 

I remember that email🙄🙄🙄I hope no one supported that so they don't get the idea that we like that kind of "reward"
Anonymous Insider

I got the same exact email. I was very confused and completely uninterested.
testing