Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: The heartbreaking scene at Nordstrom Rack the other day.....

@angelKiss24  That is a bin full of some serious sadness.  This is a constant issue in the beauty section for these store, TJ Maxx, Marshalls..

Anonymous Insider

Re: The heartbreaking scene at Nordstrom Rack the other day.....

What is just as bad is finding an unopened item in the bin and getting really excited and then looking through the plastic viewer and seeing busted up powders. Makes me so sad!

Soooooooo sad right? I don't understand why these compani...

Soooooooo sad right? I don't understand why these companies haven't figured it out yet....... plastic wrap everything if you want to turn a profit!

Re: Soooooooo sad right? I don't understand why these compani...

I confess- I open packages of makeup at these stores. I need to see whether it has been swatched or not. More often than not, I can tell if someone has touched the palette or swatched the lipstick. i don't know where the stores get their inventory from; it may not be from the manufacturer themselves so maybe the items can't be sealed correctly. I don't know.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Not really a pet peeve but a nagging question - with all these threads about missing and effed up samples in people's orders - has this really become as big a problem as it seems? I know I've had samples I've wanted subbed (even though they're still showing as available on line) but I'm not sure I've ever been missing all of them. Thoughts?

jozkid wrote:

Not really a pet peeve but a nagging question - with all these threads about missing and effed up samples in people's orders - has this really become as big a problem as it seems? I know I've had samples I've wanted subbed (even though they're still showing as available on line) but I'm not sure I've ever been missing all of them. Thoughts?

I don't know what's more of a first world problem these people complaining about missing samples or me annoyed by their posts clogging up the feed. I've had so many instances of missed/replaced samples over the years and never thought about making a fuss. Sephora isn't the only one with this issue. I tought that it was basic knowledge that most promos are first come basis, as they are available. Some of these post are somewhat melodramatic. It's just freebies people!!

I've only had issues with the samples this year. Something has changed. I never get what I select, so I stopped adding them in my orders. There have been times I didn't get any samples at all. They need a no perfume list. This is a big reason why I no longer add samples. The substitutes I get are almost always fragrances, and they cause me migraines. Getting a migraine every time I get a package isn't fun.

They should just get rid of the "sample option" and throw in 3 random items.  That way it'll be a pleasant surprise instead of a heartache. Smiley Indifferent

That's actually a really good idea! @ZombieMetroAnt  

Smashbox primers for all!!!!!!! JK

Seriously though my last 3 orders have not included any of the samples that I chose at checkout. Yeah it sucks, but what are you going to do? I don't know how effective complaining on the boards, and clogging the thread is....

Until the past 2 months or so, I had never had any missing samples, though they have always been subbed out on a pretty routine basis. I also never had any delays and flash has been great! Recently, I had had several orders get severely delayed. And, I've had one with only one sample arrive, and one with no samples. I give most of them away anyway, but was still more annoyed than I expected to get none, although I would not call cs about it. I think seeing all those threads is actually making me more annoyed about it, lol.

However, it did occur to me that I order a LOT of stuff. I think a lot of these posts are from younger kids, and maybe from people who don't order a lot and were really looking forward to the order and/or who don't have a thousand-million products and samples so they are more upset at the exclusions/substitutions. Having said all that, it is really terrible and incredibly annoying for Sephora to have a constant barrage of those complaints in the main thread. Otherwise, people might think it is a rare occasion, not a super regular occurrence, which is now apparent. @jozkid

@jozkid I've had plenty of orders with no samples and samples subbed and I never cared. It's just not a big deal to me. The only time I have ever called customer service is when my Luna oil arrived half spilled in the box and I wanted to know how to go about that. I don't appreciate the same questions/complaints clogging up the boards, the Instagram posts, the Influester posts and the posts mimicking Facebook. I loved BT because it had more of a forum feel rather than social media feel which it has gradually ventured to but that's just my opinion and I also don't want to be just another person complaining about the new BIC so.... those are my two cents 🤷🏼‍♀️👌🏻

When I first bought Flash Shipping, I got the exact samples I requested and was baffled by people complaining. I would place tiny orders just because I was excited about the sample selection! Then it shifted a bit and I got the right ones most of the time, unless it was during a big event (pick 5 samples, Black Friday, the 20% off sale) in which case I'd get the right number of samples but I learned to not get my hopes up and not to let the sample selection factor in to whether or not I made a purchase. Only very recently have I actually been missing samples. The last order I placed had one sample, and the order before that was canceled because the item, promo, reward, and all three samples were "out of stock" despite my being able to add them to my cart for several days after receiving the cancellation notice. I don't know if people are whinier than normal or if it's a change in format that makes it seem that way, but I do have to concur with the complaints - samples used to be included, and accurate. And lately they're wrong more often than not. Actually I don't think any of my orders this year have included exactly the samples I requested.

Same @gonerogue. I never thought missing or inaccurate samples were that big a deal.. especially because Sephora specifically mentions that samples may be substituted. 😞

@jozkid

I've had plenty of orders show up with no samples. In fact, my last two were sample-free...I need to complain myself for a few free points lol 😕

I've had a few show up with only 1 or 2 samples instead of three, but the most likely scenario is I get three, but not a single one of them is useful to me. I don't wear any sort of base makeup, but now I have a giant stack of concealer, primer, and foundation samples. I think I'm about to start a reverse engineering experiment...purposely select carp I don't want and see if maybe then I'll get something I can use. 😄

Anonymous Insider

This may be too serious to be a "pet peeve" but it really gets my goat when brands go for easy "points" by supporting a cause when it's as simple as liking a post or posting a quote on Instagram, but are nowhere to be found when it actually counts.  Case in point: Jouer.  Jouer who is currently collaborating with Jeffree Star, has censored their comments so that anything with the words "misogynist" or "racist" are automatically deleted.  The same Jouer whose founder posted this lovely quote after Charlottesville.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 12.20.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 7.59.47 PM.png

I don't get it.

JS grates on my last nerve. the voice. the attitude. the...

JS grates on my last nerve. the voice. the attitude. the sanctimonious bs about his own brand. I get it. you're famous. AND?

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I was already pissed about the collaborate, but to censor your clients? That never ends well. 😡

I am speechless.  If they believed a word of what they preached then they wouldn't be censoring those very necessary words.  They can't claim they want their page politics-free cause they initiated political thinking on their page.  

You won't see me using either of these brands. 

I have no words for this... that comment below is spot on.

I'm sorry, but who in the hell are they to tell me that I need to repent for the sins of others?? I could go on a whole rant about that, but I'll leave it at I'll be darned if a makeup company is going to leave a post shaming people. That and the whole J* thing just cemented the fact that I'll never buy from them.

testing