Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I was already pissed about the collaborate, but to censor your clients? That never ends well. 😡

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I am speechless.  If they believed a word of what they preached then they wouldn't be censoring those very necessary words.  They can't claim they want their page politics-free cause they initiated political thinking on their page.  

You won't see me using either of these brands. 

I have no words for this... that comment below is spot on.

I'm sorry, but who in the hell are they to tell me that I need to repent for the sins of others?? I could go on a whole rant about that, but I'll leave it at I'll be darned if a makeup company is going to leave a post shaming people. That and the whole J* thing just cemented the fact that I'll never buy from them.

@Anonymous what a perfect example of hypocrisy.  How can we trust the brand when we know they're speaking out of both sides of their mouths? 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

hmmmmm.....

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@whitepolkydots A pattern? I dont know....something seems off.

@darkiceis @heartsmyface @k617 @minivan100

the lighter patches are tough (like a slightly more solidified version of the balm). if i rub a bit of balm on my hand, the darker balm melts first and the lighter stuff sort of just sits (solid) unless i give it a little more pressure..

i asked about this on reddit too, and a chemist actually responded! Said that it looked like "nucleation sites and formulation of crystals. something in the formulation doesn't want to stay suspended and is in high enough concentration that it is prone to falling out of solution". someone else seems to frequently purchase this item and find no extra irritation from the tubs with gray specks in them ...so i'm feeling a lot better about this. I'll definitely check back in if I'm covered in hives tomorrow 😛 #forScience

Sephora CS was right! So this should not be a pet peeve really 😛 I apologize, CS!

Also, I really appreciate you ladies chiming in to share your thoughts ❤️ it really helped me get to the bottom of this

A pattern implies some sort of repetition.  It looks like it could possibly just be air bubbles that have hardened.  What happens when they're touched? Is the white hollow or hard? @whitepolkydots

Honestly I would've simply thought they were air bubbles settled from when the product was poured in. Maybe I'm wayyyy too trusting 😄

P.S. - I got these bubbles at the top of my Sunday Riley Blue Moon, but because the balm is a light blue colour, the only bubbles I can see are the ones that leave indentations.

@whitepolkydots I was going to come search the threads for this to see if it was safe to use or if it was mold.  I picked up my SiJCP bag yesterday and wasn't sure if I should go back to ask for an exchange.  I've never used a dark solid balm before so didn't know if it was normal for it to look like that.  All the images I googled had the solid black color throughout 😞  Maybe someone who regularly purchases the full size cleanser can chime in.

@minivan100 i asked about it on reddit too and found somebody who's purchased this multiple times before. she says that the tubs with gray dots have performed the same on her (with no signs of irritation) .. so that's good!

Just a pattern of what?  Is it wax?  

@heartsmyface I don't actually know what "wax" is, but I've heard it mentioned here before and completely forgot about it. So thank you for reminding me! I will go look that up.. Maybe it IS safe to use after all. I sent CS a closeup photo to double/triple check and they insisted (in bold words this time) that it's fine, so your guess may be right. 

Spoiler
**I posted this in Pet Peeves bc I emailed CS before asking my friend. friend told me it was mold with such certainty that when I got an email response back from CS today, I immediately thought they were misinforming me.. but will go look up more info on wax 🙂  

When you force yourself to use a palette you're not fond of & you end up with a glitter bomb on your face and all over your counter 😑..... Thanks YDK, yet another reason I hate the Naked2

@ElleElleG i like that idea! my goal is at least to pan 1 palette in my lifetime lol. i think it will be the chocolate bar or your nemesis naked 2! and i'm all about including looks. i get lazy about wearing makeup, so challenges are a huge help for me!

@ElleElleG @fairlywell Yes!! I'm so into a panning thread. It's much different than an empties thread! I always love to see what someone loves enough to pan. I rarely pan anything!

Yes to the panning thread, @ElleElleG! It's very rare that I actually hit pan on a product before I end up moving onto a different product, and I really need to focus on using what I have instead of buying a bunch of shiny, new products.

@ElleElleG Start one! I can't believe we don't have one yet.

@fairlywell Oh absolutely, Progress pics are a necessity!!  I agree with your prior post that it be centered around something more long term (that's eyeshadow for me but blush, highlighter, lipstick, foundation, etc. all work for me).  

Perhaps we could have a monthly check-in with progress photos and in between photos of the looks we create.  Of course if we need suggestions/recommendations/etc that can be asked there . 

In January I decided I would focus on 2 palettes I wasn't particularly fond of throughout the year.  To keep things interesting I added a one month/one palette to the mix in February which I took a break from for vacation this summer so I need to get back to it.  So maybe start the thread now so people can figure out what they want to use and get started by September 1 at the latest?

@unfungirl what are your thoughts??

@ElleElleG Do it! I will try to participate! Suggestion though: to keep it current would you consider progress pics as well? I'm afraid it will get buried under all the talk of samples otherwise. 😂

testing