Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@ElleElleG i would love to participate I. A palette panning thread!  Any excuse at all to make myself wear eyeshadow everyday!  Choosing a palette may be diffficilt but all I have to do is hit pan right? 

@ElleElleG I would be into a panning thread! To me that's different than empties, which seems to be about likes/repurchase potential and the satisfaction of finishing a bunch of foils. I would see a pan thread as more of a long-range project mainly for color products? Especially if we get some looks to go along! I say do it!

@unfungirl I hear you!  I've actually challenged myself to pan some of my less popular /least used palettes with some good success overall. (Somehow I fell into the panning videos on YouTube and got inspired).  I thought about creating a panning thread here but wasn't sure if others were interested especially with the empties thread. 

@ElleElleG   I can't relate.   😉

IMG_0922.JPG

@NotCrocker my goodness that is wayyyyyyy too much glitter!  cleanup HAD to be a disaster.

OMG @NotCrocker I'm the same as @txcatx, my face also suddenly got itchy thinking about all that glitter!

OMG @NotCrocker @heartsmyface I'm imagining the horror of all the glitter that would get into my contacts if I were to try a face full of glitter like that!

@heartsmyface I legit have no clue, but what I do know is that no matter how long ago this is from, she is STILL finding glitter bits EVERYWHERE.

@Tamara76@veronika23@NotCrocker@txcatx@fairlywell  How in the actual expletive does she not have glitter in her eyes? Mine would probably be red and inflamed by the end of applying that!  

Hey now @ElleElleG it's a look! @Tamara76 I bet you'd look lovely in all-glitter. 

😂😂😂 you two! @Tamara76 @RGbrown

That mess went everywhere! Thank goodness I always do my eyeshadow before my face 😡😡 Annnnnnnd the location where I dipped my brush created a huge hole.... I've had this palette for ~6 years and was no where near pan now there is a gaping hole. If I remember I'll add a photo later. 

@ElleElleG

I'm with @Tamara76 on this one. I don't see the problem? Glitter on your face AND the counter means two things got sparkly with only one outlay of energy. Sounds like a win-win to me 😜

@ElleElleG Clearly you are putting more effort into that relationship. It might be time or the talk.

darkiceis wrote:

@ElleElleG Clearly you are putting more effort into that relationship. It might be time or the talk.

@darkiceis you're right!   I've given myself until the end of the year to use up what I like, depot anything worth hanging on to, and chucking whatever is left. YDK just might get left behind before then! 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Everyone has their own favorite I get that but I cannot deal with Ulta anymore. The customer service sucks it's not just a one time thing either it happens each time I go there. Last time I went with my mom and sister as they were shopping I was talking to an employee asking her about a full coverage foundation for oily skin I also told her that I couldn't afford anything too expensive at the time and she only showed me two foundations that were $40 I repeated a couple more times that I couldn't afford that and she literally said nothing. Thanks to my mom I found a great foundation by Clinique.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Aw that really sucks. It's all about management and what they decide is acceptable behavior unfortunately. I actually feel this way about a lot a makeup stores 😞

I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double...

I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double Wear's price $4 in the last year. The last time I bought it was April of this year for 39.50, and this was after they already hiked the price up by 1.50 😠. I use it for it's staying power ( I usually sheer out the coverage a bit) since I live in a very hot environment. I'm going to check out the new Bare Minerals long wear foundation, and hope it can be a good replacement. I doubt it though. It's just rubbing me wrong on how they raised the price so much in such a short time. They released a new lighter weight version of double wear this month that I was interested in at first, but their color selection is awful, and it has chemical sunscreen in it, which I am allergic to. When they released this foundation is when the sudden price hike happened. Both are priced $42 now.

Re: I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double...

I noticed that today @candyrivera!  They released the new version of the Double Wear recently which is also that price.  A bit frustrating but I'm not too surprised considering comparable foundations are of the same price.

I knew I never should have even opened that sample of Sisley moisturizer. Now I have fallen in love with a $200+ lotion. I just need to keep telling myself #itsnotworthit #itsnotworthit.

Yes!!!!! The samples that end up being absolutely incredi...

Yes!!!!! The samples that end up being absolutely incredible, but ridiculously expensive!!!! I have a lengthy list of products that range from $130 shampoo to $200 moisturizer that I lust after. It's such a struggle when they work so much better than anything else. 😭

I did that with the Omorovicza Thermal Cleanser... my justification is that it's cheaper in the UK. 😄

1 Reply
testing