Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

One of my beauty pet peeves is Sephora's loyalty program! I didn't realize how much of a rip-off VIB Rouge is until I became Platinum at Ulta. For one thing, it's much cheaper to achieve. They also offer REAL perks, like a second birthday gift. If I'm spending $1000+ a year at Sephora, I deserve to AT LEAST have the right samples mailed with my order, but no, I don't even get that. Sephora is so focused on high-end beauty that its customer service really pales in comparison to other companies. I'm sad I'm only just now realizing it though.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It's not a great return on what you spend . . . but I know I'd spend it, anyway. (The tough situation is when another site is having a sale!) My sister is Platinum at Ulta—the only thing there that interests me are the store exclusives and drugstore brands BOGO 50% off—and she does get a lot of freebies and samples, but a lot of them seem to be Ulta brand products and tons. of. Smashbox. primers. Dermstore has a benefits program I could get behind. . . .

@maws while it feels a bit sacrilegious to talk about it here, welcome to the ulta fangirl (or fanboy) club 😋

I'm in both, Rouge at Sephora and Platinum at Ulta, only because I use the Salon at Ulta.  The product lines they carry aren't as high end as Sephora.  On hair products, they're great.  I appreciate each of them for their unique perks. I just received an awesome package from Sephora with all natural, high end products.  I would never get something like that from Ulta, simply because they don't carry the products and they never send gifts.  I personally could do without the birthday gifts.

@itscarin and @quspork nice to know.  I've been in Ulta's rewards program since 2002.  Never received any gifts.  20% off salon services, but that's about it.  I have received at least 6 really nice gifts from Sephora since 2011.  My personal experience.

@anaa as someone else mentioned below ulta does send out free gifts. 😄

Actually Ulta does send out occasional gifts. I received one of the Tarte contour palettes just a few weeks ago and many ladies received Buxom lip glosses during the big Buxom launch a couple of years ago. They may not be brands you're interested in, but they do exist. 

I have one that kinda bothers me this week.  This board is recently flooded with "What the best eyeshadow palette?", "What the best moisturizer for xx skin?", "What the best lipstick" ... "the best" "the best" ... Dont people know there is no such thing?  Sigh! We are all different people ... what work for one might not work for others. 

I hear you. I don't know what's going on with the new bt. I feel like they used to show us the same threads all the time and all the newbie questions would get pushed to the bottom. Which I prefer!

I was just going to write this exact thing @blackkitty2014!! One glance at any of the threads here (but especially What Are You Wearing Today, where you can see BICers lovely faces!) shows that we all have different skin tones/undertones, skin types, are different ages, have different preferences in products, like more makeup or less makeup, have more or less time to get ready in the morning, have different budgets, work different jobs (or don't!), and on and on. Sigh.

I am also getting tired of the app not working and the site randomly crashing, and of the same questions being posted again and again. I don't blame newcomers because the homepage isn't well organized and the search bar doesn't work very well. You have to put in the exact thing you're looking for in order for the result to be generated.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

What really grinds my gears is when people do my makeup or other people's makeup without being sanitary. Not only is it gross BUT it is also totally unsafe for the client!!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh yes!!! That's why I would never get my makeup done at Sephora... the testers are so gross. yuck

makeitstop.gifllama face.gif

Yasss, plz make it stahhhp! 😆

nwld.gif

@heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured...

@heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured Patron wouldn't work with my joke 😄

Re: @heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured...

@niki172  Ahhhhh;), I see what you're doing;);)

Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose C...

Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose Cuervo is easy on the eyes 😄 😄

Re: Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose C...

I'll just leave this here 😄

hakunamavodka.jpg

@niki172

Image result for all the tequila gif

Image result for all the tequila gif

@niki172

Garden-fresh mint, limes in the fridge, and a bottle of rum...I do believe mojitos are in order for the evening! 🍹

11 Replies
testing