Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

Joining in too!

NeverEnding story.... ahaha ahaha ahahaNeverEnding story.... ahaha ahaha ahaha

I shall join you in the venting. LOL

giphy (1).gif

I can't even find the threads that were popular/most active from before the switch that I participated in the most. I usually have to search for the title to find them! They're always buried within the million "WHATS THE BEST FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN" threads. Like everyone else has mentioned. I'm losing my mind lol

Yeah... the new format isn't fun to sift through. 

@mella900 WHATS THE BEST PALLET FOR ME IM 13?! 🤣🙄

@niki172 

Image result for simon cowell gif

Me the last few weeks because I can't find anything either...

Spoiler
848735.gif1492677538-gordon-ramsay.gifgordon.giflCf4lPa.gifsimoncowell2.gifsimoncowell1.gif
https://media.tenor.com/images/e63e149d5f04549a95c713cb9c9d7883/tenor.gif

Completely agree! I have pretty much disappeared since the new upgrade. School has taken up a lot of my time, but I'm extremely frustrated with the new format. I can't find the old and fun threads I enjoy, and the endless amount of spam is hard to navigate through.

Can anyone provide tips on subscribing to threads so I won't lose them? I get the weekly digest, but I want to be notified whenever there's a new reply to the thread like old times. Unless that's not possible??

@Melissa136  Good question!   I only get instant notification when posts are added to threads I started.

I also can't figure out how to access threads I have bookmarked - Any tips?  xoxo

Amen to that sista @niki172!

RE: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

I can put up with the spam but as a mobile user what I cant stand...besides this horrendous keyboard... is scrolling through pages and pages of the spam then having the app glitch and send me X posts up. I saw this thread then immediately lost it TWICE. Maybe I scroll too fast. I skim EVERY post when I scroll though..so if it cant keep up with my reading speed...

Re: RE: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

Yep, the mobile version is not usable to me any more for this reason, as well as the poor keyboard with lack of punctuation and the teeny, poorly positioned keyboard!

I was excited for it when it first came out but now that the novelty has completely worn off, I'm seeing a ton of glitches. @whitepolkydots

Re: RE: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

YES! That particular glitch is So obnoxious! @whitepolkydots

I'm getting more and more discouraged now that the boards are always flooded with the same questions and threads over, and over, and over again. 

First week, it was getting used to the new layout, which wasn't a problem, but now it seems that the boards are flooded with new members who don't bother to do a search before posting.

And if you answer a question, good luck getting a heart, thank you, or even just a response. What's the point anymore?

@NotCrocker thanks! haha. Nice to be back, even if this new community is still in the works. I've been lurking here and there, but yeah, definitely had to take a step back and it turned out to be longer than I expected. I do plan on continuing with the IG stuff in the near future, but life has just gotten in the way 🙂

@kbmatthews uhhh welcome back (also, nice casual re-entrance to the community)! I feel like you've been MIA for a loonnnnng time (and from Instagram too). I hope we get to see more of your fantastic looks and comments!

Yeah. Seems like a lot of newcomers are just in and out for their own questions; they don't want to build/add to the community.

RE: Re: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

It's because people are too damned lazy to use the search function anymore. They used to do that in BT. It was very frowned upon to post without doing a thorough search first. Now it's just a free-for-all.

Yes!!!! Last week we was flooded with the ABH Subculture palette.  😞

Yes! Preach!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hi BICers.  Long time no see!  I've been sick for the past week or so and on vacation before that so it feels like I've been gone forever.  My current pet peeve is how my skin freaks out when I'm sick.  As my priorities shift from "make sure you're exfoliating and toning that skin" to "try not to fall asleep on the toilet" my complexion suffers. I'm finally on the mend (knock on wood) and trying to return my face to its former calm if slightly oily glory.  I hope y'all are doing well!

Image result for sick gif

1 Reply
testing