Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

I'm getting more and more discouraged now that the boards are always flooded with the same questions and threads over, and over, and over again. 

First week, it was getting used to the new layout, which wasn't a problem, but now it seems that the boards are flooded with new members who don't bother to do a search before posting.

And if you answer a question, good luck getting a heart, thank you, or even just a response. What's the point anymore?

@NotCrocker thanks! haha. Nice to be back, even if this new community is still in the works. I've been lurking here and there, but yeah, definitely had to take a step back and it turned out to be longer than I expected. I do plan on continuing with the IG stuff in the near future, but life has just gotten in the way 🙂

@kbmatthews uhhh welcome back (also, nice casual re-entrance to the community)! I feel like you've been MIA for a loonnnnng time (and from Instagram too). I hope we get to see more of your fantastic looks and comments!

Yeah. Seems like a lot of newcomers are just in and out for their own questions; they don't want to build/add to the community.

RE: Re: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

It's because people are too damned lazy to use the search function anymore. They used to do that in BT. It was very frowned upon to post without doing a thorough search first. Now it's just a free-for-all.

Yes!!!! Last week we was flooded with the ABH Subculture palette.  😞

Yes! Preach!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hi BICers.  Long time no see!  I've been sick for the past week or so and on vacation before that so it feels like I've been gone forever.  My current pet peeve is how my skin freaks out when I'm sick.  As my priorities shift from "make sure you're exfoliating and toning that skin" to "try not to fall asleep on the toilet" my complexion suffers. I'm finally on the mend (knock on wood) and trying to return my face to its former calm if slightly oily glory.  I hope y'all are doing well!

Image result for sick gif

Sick skin is the worst! I always manage to be dull, flaky, and greasy with a pimple or two all at once. And if it's a cold I might as well just peel my entire nose off the skin around there flakes so bad.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, girl!   Sickness skin freakouts are the worst!  😞

@michelleshops

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Aww hope you feel better! I don't think you missed too much here! @michelleshops

I hate not having a link/reference for the side products on for a different product's page. Like when I see a pair of shorts I want on the link for a shirt I'm not interested in. I want something to show me where I can buy those shorts instead.

Or when I see a great look where the influencer or whoever keeps talking about the blush they're wearing, when I really just want to know what their lipstick is. 

Not a beauty pet peeve, but I'm so sick of all the "no samples/wrong samples/rage over samples threads. Between those and the neverending "which palette should I buy" threads (with horribly unfortunate spelling btw), it's just very unpleasant to even attempt to continue the BT spirit here on BIC. 

@Beadshopgirl I keep thinking of Milton from Office Space. Instead of a red Swingline stapler, it's samples. 

IMG_1421.JPG

Yes!!! @vegchililover78 and @Beadshopgirl exactly 😉

Pet peeve about this Sephora app: I hate the text box for...

Pet peeve about this Sephora app: I hate the text box formatting. Indentation doesn't exist, so everything is hard to read and looks like a run-on sentence. It's a pretty unpleasant experience, thus far.

Well guys. I'm trying! Let's work together to keep the question thread visable. I blame the groups. Still don't see a point to the groups tbh. Maybe that's my pet peeve. The groups. Why have groups  if they're still all gunna pop up on the main feed? 

Hey @alexasteph I'm just following you around agreeing! When I found (old) BT it was a pretty fun place. Lots of threads on the front page that were engaging. Now I'm struggling to find the good stuff. Others have said it better, but every time I look the first page is a bunch of garbage. Thanks for trying to fix it - I hope it works. If you want more agreeing tag me whenever. 🙂

Group is really just another term for the subforums/topic divisions we had before, but they weren't quite so prominent/flashy; they weren't pushed or promoted the way they are here. There were subforums for skin care, makeup, hair, etc but everything still showed up on the main feed (except the Off Topic section IIRC...I think that one was filtered out).

Groups are useful if you want to drill down and find info specific to a certain topic, but they aren't meant to declutter or filter out stuff from the main feed, if that makes sense? (To put it another way, every single post *has* to be part of a group, so filtering group posts off the main feed would mean the main feed is ultimately empty.) 

Mods have said they are working to filter CS posts off the main feed...that would be a huge help. Hopefully the question thread takes back off as well. Skincare 101 and Makeup 101 would be great to dig back up too!

@alexasteph 

@alexasteph

I agree with everything you said 100,000%. It has really surprised me how much changing the layout has altered the feel of this place and the complete shift in what I see on the main feed. It's disappointing, for sure.

I also think that Sephora is now promoting the community more by integrating it to the mobile site and the app, and that has brought a veritable flood of new users...folks that just want to treat this like IG or FB and post all about themselves and move on. That crowd doesn't search for their own answers...they demand to be spoonfed, so they post yet another thread asking if they should buy Subculture, or should they get Naked vs Sweet Peach, or HALLLP OILY SKIN or whatever other thread title I've seen a thousand times.

I keep trying to get my bearings and be OK with the new format, but it's so hard to like being here, even though I miss this place. 😞

@RGbrown I think by renaming the topics "Groups" there is the impression they need to be filled up with info. Like we're starting fresh with content. Where that isn't the case. This new format seems to encourage a lot of repeat posts, "look at me" posts, the unfiltered CS posts... It's just too much. Way too much. It's frustrating. It's taking away from the experience we had previously. I've tried so hard not to complain about it but I'm almost at my breaking point. I hate coming on seeing someone create a fake account to be mean, people begging for attention, the constant "THIS ISN'T HOW YOU TREAT YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS" entitlement, etc. BT used to be an escape from that, BIC is becoming it. I'll be out of the country for a week and a half and during that time I won't be logging on. We'll see how it looks when I'm back. 

4 Replies
testing