Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thank you so much @Tamara76 🙂 I am happy to be here 🙂

I am glad you are here!   @blueviolet21 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Love you too much to say drop dead  @jozkid 😉 Throwing hearts at ya Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Back at ya @blackkitty2014! ❤️❤️❤️

@jozkidNo, you are not being petty at all.

I spent a lot of time recently trying to respond to many questions from newcomers, but it just began to feel futile when, not only did I not receive any acknowledgement from about 2/3 of them, but they continued to post the same question in other groups!  I'm trying hard to be patient because I remember when I was new here, too, but it kind of turns me off the site to see the main page buried in an avalanche of similar questions/CS complaints.

My thoughts:

1.  I suspect that a lot of it is lack of understanding how BIC/New BT works.  On one hand, I don't really blame people too much if it takes them a while to catch on. On the other hand, I lurked for a while before I ever started posting because I didn't want to look like an idiot and I figured out hearts and everything else pretty quickly.  Also, it is pretty common practice to respond or react to posts in some way on other social sites.  I think it will get worse before it gets better, given that Sephora is really hyping the remodeled community - I even got an email about it today!

2.  The search feature needs to be better optimized.  I've found that results don't always show up, even if I use the exact title of a thread.  Also, results don't appear to be displayed in any sort of chronological order - they seem totally random.  If the search function were better, people would presumably be able to find what they need and not have to add new posts.

3.  I also suspect that by having multiple groups in the new community, people think they have a better shot at receiving an answer by posting their question in multiple groups, without realizing that the posts show up in the main thread, too.

4.  The Customer Service thread needs to be hidden behind the CS group and not displayed on the main page.

Hopefully enhancements can be made so that it is easier for newcomers to post/receive answers to questions and for us to find our community again!

@Tamara76 @veronika23 I've also noticed that when I clicked for the "most popular" threads, it drudges up threads from years ago!! Makes it kind of difficult for me to find the active, exciting threads -_-

@Tamara76  it drives me nuts seeing super old threads that are basically "dead" pop up on the main feed. Like answering a question that is 3 years old and has been answered back in the day you know... I wish the creation date and posting dates in general would be obvious so people would see when people last posted on them.

@jozkid You are definitely not alone in feeling this way. I noticed it a while ago and gave up. Common courtesy and gratitude go a long way.

Not the least bit petty @jozkid!  I've attempted to respond to some questions & when I come across repeats I just post a link to one of the other threads asking the same question(s) that received a couple responses.

I really hope the mods figure out how to hide the Customer Service questions from the main feed because I'll scan the first page or two in the hopes of coming across the threads I'm interested in before leaving the site altogether.

@RGbrown Dont get me started on the attempts to show off and confusing the platform for FB/Instagram....turn off might be an understatement, LOL!  My guess is that adding the community to the app gave the impression that that is what this space is for?

Thanks you guys. I appreciate your responses. I was starting to think I was kinda "beachy." 😉

No way! I like to be thorough in my answers... and although a heart is appreciated, a lack of response is completely disheartening. 😉

I'm a little discouraged lately too. Been responding to skincare and random answers, only to be completely ignored.

jozkid wrote:

I really try to help out newbies on the forum and answer questions but, geez, can they acknowledge it in some way? Say thanks, throw me a heart, say I know nothing, tell me to drop dead... anything. I responded - let me know it's appreciated a little - or at least that you read it. Am I being petty?

@jozkid, I don't feel you're being petty at all. I feel like questions are posed, and then the person kinda disappears. It's been interesting to say the least with some of the newer folks joining the conversation. 

Thanks @mrsbaine. What really set me off were the what is my color IQ questions. I'd go in, explain how I found what they were looking for, going step by step, and then giving the IQ number. Then nothing. There was one day when I answered the same question at least 4 times (on 4 different threads). Groan

I feel you @jozkid! Like @RGbrown said, I don't think you're being petty. I was also trying to answer as many questions as I could but I have kind of given up recently. The same types of questions keep popping up and it's just getting stale. There may be an element of genuine user error where they don't realize we do not work for Sephora customer service and are users just like them. That's just me giving them the benefit of the doubt lol 🙂

I don't think you are... we lost the community feel. The thoughtful questions and answers, the real product talk... Personally for me it's harder to stick around and go back to threads where I do have these conversations... sure I post updates but I miss reading and talking about stuff... it's lost in this sea of I don't know what... I find it's becoming like everything I hate in the beauty world... the stuff I would run away from and take refuge on BT. 😞

@Anewxa @veronika23 If Influenster is like this, I'm staying the h*** away from it.

All these short posts. "Tell me if this is good"..."I need an eye cream" short posts not worth a thread on their own are really, really, really getting on my nerves.

@Anewxa  I'm not familiar with influenster but what I liked about BT is that stuff like this wasn't allowed... now it's all I see and I hate it! Perfect corner of the internet destroyed. 😞

@veronika23 I have gone from being on BT almost every couple hours to now on BIC every few days or more. 

For anyone familiar with Influenster, does BIC not have the same feel now? Like all the random postings and excessive postings about various products in different threads. I think people are getting the wrong idea that they need to post everywhere to earn "points" maybe... or perhaps We are expected to now be in this odd race of something unknown.

I am still so confused. Although the app version is kinda easier to navigate except I can't see full pics on any posts :S

Spoiler

I agree @veronika23. I've been coming on to BT less and less now (I used to stalk it almost every hour LOL) because the front page is just constant brand new threads regarding customer service or questions that have been answered a thousand times. I guess we can't blame newcomers for not knowing the existence of the question thread but blech. 

@jozkid You are definitely not alone in feeling this way! I always feel a bit meh after contributing and writing a decent answer and then they don't bother even replying 😞

@NotCrocker  totally!  I try to tag as much as I can because it's the only way stuff makes sense 😄

@angel7594 @veronika23 Absolutely, for me a big part of that lost community feeling is totally due to how the posts that have real and relevant conversations are so quickly whisked beneath the froth of new posts. Where before, our deeper threads always floated to the top and stuck around, they are now so quickly sinking below the new content that could've been asked and answered in an existing thread.

My love for my BIC buds tagging me in posts is huge because it makes me hunting down the threads that matter so much less time-consuming. 

testing