Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I agree @veronika23. I've been coming on to BT less and less now (I used to stalk it almost every hour LOL) because the front page is just constant brand new threads regarding customer service or questions that have been answered a thousand times. I guess we can't blame newcomers for not knowing the existence of the question thread but blech. 

@jozkid You are definitely not alone in feeling this way! I always feel a bit meh after contributing and writing a decent answer and then they don't bother even replying 😞

@NotCrocker  totally!  I try to tag as much as I can because it's the only way stuff makes sense 😄

@angel7594 @veronika23 Absolutely, for me a big part of that lost community feeling is totally due to how the posts that have real and relevant conversations are so quickly whisked beneath the froth of new posts. Where before, our deeper threads always floated to the top and stuck around, they are now so quickly sinking below the new content that could've been asked and answered in an existing thread.

My love for my BIC buds tagging me in posts is huge because it makes me hunting down the threads that matter so much less time-consuming. 

I feel the same way @veronika23 . It's so hard for me to find things. Everything I see on the main wall is repeat questions, like 2 or 3 of the same in a row. I miss seeing all the threads I love. I can't even find them anymore. I try and get on and be active but it's a mess. I want to stay updated on everyone but that community feeling is gone. 

@veronika23 Exactly. 

@veronika23, I agree with what you said about the feeling of community being lost. Honestly I feel like posting less because of how chaotic it has become here.

No, you aren't being petty. Sadly though, I don't think it's gonna happen. 😞

I dunno exactly what happened around here, but BIC seems to have become a continual barrage of "look at me" attention posts. No one seems to read through old posts anymore...they just post their own question even though it's been asked and answered a million times, and there are tons of posts just to show off. I think new folks are treating BIC like they would FB or IG and it's a major turn off. I guess I didn't realize the new format was going to alter the content so dramatically.

And the folks that post the same question in 2, 3 or even 4 groups all at once...all 4 show up on the main feed back to back. 

Blech.

This seems to be what Sephora wanted...a pseudo-Instagram site where their products are on display, and where people can ask questions without calling the hotline. They didn't intend on keeping this a free talk community. And as soon as people started sharing their concerns, the mods disappeared. It's ridiculously frustrating. Now I have to go and get my panties out of a bunch lol 

@RGbrown Yes the showing off posts! So annoying. 

@RGbrown @jozkid I absolutely agree. Between the repetitive questions with no work on their own part to see if it's been asked before, and the lack of recognition for the suggestions, as @k617 says, it's a lot of noise. I think a big part of the problem is that there is no introductory doc/thread for newcomers. I remember Candace suggesting that they were going to be putting a forum FAQ in place, but it's not obvious, not referenced, and definitely not followed at this point. I love answering questions when I feel like I have the know-how, but answering the same question 10+ times makes me lose my enthusiasm for a community I am otherwise super stoked about.

Also, like the rest of y'all, I miss seeing the threads I care about on the front page! 

Palette

P

A

L

E

T

T

E

Palette

Not pallete, pallet, palete, or any other permutation. Palette.

And great, now I've trained spellcheck to recognize them all. Facepalm.  🤣

I try not to be that gal, that grammar snob that everyone hates, but gee whiz... seeing palette spelled every which way but correctly all over the main feed is grating on me more than the continual CS complaints. (And as to the CS complaints about samples and "unsuccessful authorization" and slow shipping etc etc, I have a love-hate relationship with them...I kinda like seeing that folks are complaining, and I hope Sephora uses them as constructive feedback to improve their current practices...but at the same time I'm also kinda tired of seeing them over and over and over.)

With how often I see it spelled wrong, I've started to doubt what the correct spelling even is lol.

LMAO @RGbrown this is one of my biggest spelling pet peeves!

I had to chuckle at this since in my job, I deal with pallets all the time, as in freight and shipping pallets. I am absolutely guilty of using both terms interchangeably (even though I know they are not!) and I don't think anyone has ever noticed! Though truth be told, I'm more likely to be discussing pallets instead of palettes on a daily basis anyhow 😞 Infinitely less fun.

@k617 Heehee, that would be the DREAM! Though my entire makeup/skincare stash is probably nearing pallet proportions...

But @MissPuff...the real question is, do you deal with pallets of palettes???

I'm going crazy from all the threads asking for pallet suggestions. What's the best palate? Palett? Subculture Palete?

Please, reader, if you're reading this, please don't ask for any more palette suggestions. Do a search, and you shall find what you seek.

Lol, paleté! 

@trishavt permission granted. Proceed with caution 😄

@k617  Which is better - ABH Modern Renaissance palet or Too Faced Sweet Peach palet?

LOL!  I try to be patient with the questions and help the newcomers, but I know what you mean, girl! 🙂

I have honestly had the hardest time with the search feature on the new site - it doesn't seem nearly as accurate as on the old BT and the results seem to display in a totally random order.  If the search feature functioned better, it would probably be easier for people to see that their question has already been posted (possibly with correct spelling, too!) 🙂

@k617 Can we please pin this to home page in bold flashing red letters?

testing