Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeeesss...one more thread titled something like "sweet peach or chocolate bar??????" and I may just set my computer on fire so I never have to see this place again. 

😢

@k617

Everything in the beauty world described as 'limited edition'. I'm sure we've all ranted before and probably on this very thread. But seriously it's getting on my last nerve. I don't care to run out for products anymore with arms flailing in the air and the hype is now dead knowing things will come back. Good for those that miss out but beauty junkies that are crazily looking for particular items- well I say don't bother 😄

source.gif

So many new beauty products...nobody in my life that cares enough to talk to about them lol

And I'd almost rather see those weird spam posts about movies than the incessant threads about receiving incorrect samples. WE GET IT. And (I) STILL don't care. Samples aren't a right. Sure, is mildly frustrating when they don't include any, but its always the first thing I see when I log on. 

THIS! All the posts that are essentially, WHERE ARE MY SAMPLES?!?! is a big turn off from the main feed. I can understand a thread or two, and then lengthy discussion or agreements within the threads, but why make new threads all day, everyday?

Along those lines, it seems like many people are not bothering to search for answers in existing posts, but just starting new threads willy nilly, creating a lot of "clutter" and noise.

I feel like ever since the switch over to the new platform, there's been a lot of "noise" distracting from the conversations that I really do care about 😞

The groups are supposed to help filter out topics I'm not interested in, but it doesn't help when I've seen these posts about missing samples/wrong item in order/etc. not posted in the Customer Service group and in the VIB/non-beauty groups instead.

@k617 I totally agree. I keep thinking maybe it's because I'm old and I hate feeling like that (because I'm not actually that old). But I just find myself skimming over the threads on the first page and they are almost all customer service issues that I'm not super-interested in, and then I give up. Trying to find the posts & people that I do want to read about is almost impossible, or maybe I just don't have the patience for it. Who would have thought that I would miss so many people that I didn't even know in real life 🙂 ? I haven't wanted to complain, because I know this must have been a lot of work and the mods are always great. I'm just a little disappointed, but hoping there are still bugs to be worked out and it will get better :).

Trying to do a wing on wrinkly eyelids.  When did I develop wrinkly eyelids?  

Ugh, me too.  I never tried to do a wing until like 5 years ago, probably.  And then, I keep trying to figure out if my eyes were ALWAYS this droopy, or if I could have once done a wing, if only I was young enough. I find myself trying to look at old pictures and figure out if there was ever a chance, lol. @heartsmyface 

Welcome to my world @heartsmyface

Ugh, ditto. Wings are tricky enough without having to account for a third dimension. And liquid liners can be finicky...a feathered look from it following the valley of the wrinkle in that split second before it dries is so not cool. Such a pain!

@heartsmyface

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Reviews like these... WHY are you reviewing a product to comment on the name?!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I thought Sephora was going to be cracking down on this. It's a pet peeve of mine too. I'm not interested in what you have to say if you haven't tried the product. 

@k617 This also really bothers me, but I have to admit that I didn't know these were named after Buffy and now I feel like I have to go take a second look at them 😉 

lachaton wrote:

@k617 This also really bothers me, but I have to admit that I didn't know these were named after Buffy and now I feel like I have to go take a second look at them 😉 

IKR!   @lachaton

Reviews from people who don't own and/or haven't even tried a product are super frustrating, but that comment about Buffy totally piqued my interest, too.  Now, I want to check them out!   Maybe it was posted by a brand rep to get us buzzing about it...

This drives me nuts too. Or the negative "reviews" about a product being OOS or not launched at a certain time, etc. -___- Basically any review where someone hasn't actually used the product and is using the review section as a sounding board is a pet peeve of mine.

Foundation that oxidizes...*sigh*

This morning I FORGOT that my Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation needs some mixing with a lighter foundation and lo and behold I look in the car mirror as I am going to work only to find myself looking like an Oompa Loompa and it is now too late to fix 🙂 Lesson learned, indeed!

oompa.jpg

The rear view mirror - love it and hate it all at the same time.

AMK721 wrote:

The rear view mirror - love it and hate it all at the same time.

But it's the best for plucking eyebrows!  @AMK721

@AMK721 It's like the honest friend that everyone needs but sometimes is not fun having around! I thought my foundation looked extra flawless in the bathroom mirror at 6am and at 8am it was 3 shades too orange XD

When a concealer sample is smaller than your pinky. 

@veronika23 Pet peeve #3: when Sephora doesn't carry a product I think they should, so I have to buy it from another retailer and don't get the points!

1 Reply
testing