Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

lachaton wrote:

@k617 This also really bothers me, but I have to admit that I didn't know these were named after Buffy and now I feel like I have to go take a second look at them 😉 

IKR!   @lachaton

Reviews from people who don't own and/or haven't even tried a product are super frustrating, but that comment about Buffy totally piqued my interest, too.  Now, I want to check them out!   Maybe it was posted by a brand rep to get us buzzing about it...

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This drives me nuts too. Or the negative "reviews" about a product being OOS or not launched at a certain time, etc. -___- Basically any review where someone hasn't actually used the product and is using the review section as a sounding board is a pet peeve of mine.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Foundation that oxidizes...*sigh*

This morning I FORGOT that my Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation needs some mixing with a lighter foundation and lo and behold I look in the car mirror as I am going to work only to find myself looking like an Oompa Loompa and it is now too late to fix 🙂 Lesson learned, indeed!

oompa.jpg

The rear view mirror - love it and hate it all at the same time.

AMK721 wrote:

The rear view mirror - love it and hate it all at the same time.

But it's the best for plucking eyebrows!  @AMK721

@AMK721 It's like the honest friend that everyone needs but sometimes is not fun having around! I thought my foundation looked extra flawless in the bathroom mirror at 6am and at 8am it was 3 shades too orange XD

When a concealer sample is smaller than your pinky. 

@veronika23 Pet peeve #3: when Sephora doesn't carry a product I think they should, so I have to buy it from another retailer and don't get the points!

Major pet peeve? When products in the tube look drastically different than applied.

Here's Colourpop Molly. I love this colour, but it looks nothing like it does in the tube.

It's a bright magenta-ey purple on my lips, and a soft dusty pinky-purple in the tube.

IMG_1918.jpg

Ugh, that's the worst-especially when you're trying to match your lip to something!  @k617

@k617  Even when you try making a face it still comes out nice.  You are photogenic. 

@darkiceis Full disclosure! I took a few and removed the ones that look crosseyed LOL

@k617 Colourpop is one of the worst offenders of this. I feel like a lot of their colors aren't consistent at all.

@k617 I'll make sure to avoid it! 

I had that exact problem with colourpop's 3 Way, thought I was going to get a beautiful metallic berry, ended up with a dark sort of metallic purple. It's still a nice color, but it's not at all what I wanted to order.

@Annalily11 I never noticed it with the first batch of lipsticks I ordered from Colourpop but noticed that most recently a lot of colours seem to have this issue!

Another really bad one is Stingraye Ultra matte lip...it looks like a beautiful medium berry purple in the tube but is DARK PURPLE on my lips.

I feel you on the lipstick thing @k617. Whenever that happens I'm like... is it my lip color changing the color? Is it the company's QA? What am I supposed to do now? Le sigh. Your expression in this photo is pretty awesome!

@k617, i have exact same problem with ABH Maui lipgloss.  I keep looking to make sure the tube is not switched for whatever reason.  It is advertised as soft coral pink but it is screaming baby pink to me 😉  Even the color on the box looks nothing liked the color from the tube ... sigh

That's bad @blackkitty2014 ! I don't wear glosses very much, most of the ones I have are pigmented glosses. that would drive me crazy.

Haha love that face K!  So different. Wow!

@veronika23 Oh I figured V! 😄

@k617  sorry can't reply direct but yeah a different side of you! I really like pics like that! Beautiful as always!

And by so different I meant the product vs on your lips... just to be clear 🙂

testing