Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh man I feel you @lovelykatya 😞 ! She'll probably do a party with samples to try there if I had to guess. Once you've been to one of those types of parties you've been to them all lol. 

Macy's, specifically with buy online pick up in store function.

Recently I bought a small Clinique item from Macy's using the said feature. I didn't have a chance to pick it up during the allotted time, so I simply assumed that it would be processed as a return and that I would get a refund. I never received any email about not picking it up (usually they do email if more than a week passes by without picking up the order), so I casually checked my account, and surprisingly, it was marked as picked up on a random date. I never even set my foot in my local store recently! Called the 1-800 number right away and got it taken care of, but I thought it was just super shady.. Granted it was a small item (~$20), I'm debating whether I should bring this matter to someone at the store. Am I being too petty? 😕

Definitely bring it up! This is not petty at all.

Definitely bring it up! This is not petty at all.

Re: Definitely bring it up! This is not petty at all.

Thanks so much, @candyrivera and @jesscheems! I ended up going to the store and reported the incident today. The supervisor I spoke with was very courteous and took this matter quite seriously. Thanks again for your input, ladies! 

Oh wow that sounds shady! I would report that!!

@NarNarNars  Not petty.  That's actually quite concerning.  How many people does this happen to? And who would know to pick it up?  It sounds like an employee issue.  

Makes sense, @heartsmyface. Thanks much for your input- will definitely discuss this matter w/ someone at the store.

@NarNarNars Not petty at all! That's crazy that that happened, especially since I'm pretty sure you're required to present a government ID to pick up an order. I would definitely contact the store and let management know because it is very shady.

Thank you for giving me the reassurance, @lippieaddict19! Yeah, the ID requirement was precisely why it made me feel so uneasy. Craziness!

Oh no! Hopefully you were able to replace it, I'd be so mad if my cat broke any of my skincare!  @myumew 

@veronika23 my cats were never as destructive as my children. All they ever really did was take the decorations off the Christmas tree. 😄

My kitties have a a deep seated desire to murder nail polish. 

Oh yes!! My cats also steal decorations from the tree, lol. And one of them is a makeup thief. She will steal small compacts like single eyeshadows and blushes if I leave them out on my vanity. She also loves to grab small brushes out of their containers, bat them down the hall, and chew on them. I realized that she absolutely loves compacts (like from Chanel, Dior etc.) that come in a velvet pouch and would 100% steal those, so I always toss the pouches out now. 

Omg that's adorable @blueviolet21 haha, I think it's cute when cats have that hoarding behavior. I haven't seen it in my cat yet. 

My cat loves to knock things off of my vanity. I had several serum and other skincare bottles break and spill all over the place 😞

😄 😄 😄

Okay here's one. I've gotten a few mascara minis (the Too Faced BTS, Marc Jacobs O!Mega, BB Smokey Eye, etc.) that I've just fallen in LOVE with -- only to find that the sample size outperforms the full size! For example, the Too Faced BTS full size mascara always transfers from my upper lashes to my under-eye, but the mini stays put all day, even in 100 degree weather. What's up with this?!? 

@PreppyBeauty28 Full sized mascara usually takes too much product in the wand so you're in fact applying too much to your lashes.  A swipe of the bristles on the mascara spoolie with a lint free nail pad will take off the excess and help with better application.  

I've heard that this is because the minis dry out faster, and IMO, a dry mascara goes on way better than a wet one

So @blackkitty2014 why do they always go for the most expensive irreplaceable stuff, huh?

I just bought baby locks.I just bought baby locks.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh no!! I'm so sorry @heartsmyface!! My dogs have destroyed shoes/makeup/clothes before too 😲
testing