Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OMG nooooo way =( I would be so bummed! I get frightened if my child gets near my makeup lol. Now I will always have this image in my head 😛

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Noooooooo! A moment of silence for our fallen friends. 😫

This is why we can't have nice things @heartsmyface @veronika23 @blackkitty2014 @Tamara76. Well, at least not in my house. When one of my twins was little he used to love to knock a heavy brass lamp down on my cherry end table to hear it thump. He'd laugh and laugh! There were times I wanted to hear HIM thump. I'm kidding. A little.

@heartsmyfaceaw man sorry 😞  😞 😞

@jozkidI don't have any kids and don't plan on having any... all I have to worry about are dogs but my stuff is stored where they couldn't get to it.

Yes. I'm totally agree @jozkid. I'm always jealous looking at all the ladies' beautiful vanity spaces here. If I have done that, I know he would go for my LE items and destroy them first 😉

Oh man!! I'm so sorry @heartsmyface.  I'm dreading this with my son too.  He went for my lipstick vault last time but i was able to stop him in time.

@blackkitty2014 Aw man! A vault!!  He'd never live that one down!  

The scary thing is that baby hearts now knows there's cool stuff in the drawers so I hope amazon is quick with their delivery. For now I have furniture blocking the drawers. 

Oh no!!!!!  My condolences @heartsmyface!   Hopefully, those baby locks will arrive soon! 😞

@heartsmyface  But minis are the perfect size for Baby Hearts' little hands!

@Tamara76  It's my fault for assuming he was banging toys around.  Why'd it have to be the cute little minis?  Oh well, into a project pan with them. 

One of my pet peeves is when shopping for makeup and the ladies at the makeup counters don't seem to be wearing any.. As a guy looking for makeup I would  stop at a counter where the lady is wearing nice eye makeup and lipstick - that would make me consider trying some.

@Girly2Shoes Most cosmetic stores and counters require their employees to wear makeup most of the time, to showcase the products. BUT I'd be careful begrudging employees who seem bare-faced. It's probably a treat when they get to skip it (cake face gets tired) and where do you draw the line? What if it's minimal, natural makeup? What if their lipstick isn't what you consider "nice"? They can impress customers with good knowledge about the products they sell. 

@Girly2Shoes I try not to judge a book by it's cover, you never know the bare faced gal may be very knowledgeable but is just having an off day;) 

That can very well be, but still if I'm looking for lipsticks I'm drawn to someone wearing lipstick as to someone not, same as with eye makeup. I like to see how they do their own makeup.

Super peeved. So Ulta won't ship to PO boxes and doesn't recognize my home address either so for the past 4(?) years I've had my Ulta orders shipped to my place of work. Well a year and a half I left that place of work due to an accident and almost a year ago I stared working at a hotel right across the street and until recently have had no issues continuing to get my Ulta orders shipped there since my sister had become the assistant manager there. Well my most recent order was delievered on Wednesday signed for by the manager. It's now missing, ssuspectedly given to a guest staying at the hotel. My order is gone and I don't know what to do😭😭

Update: box has been found. I was accidentally given to a guest. It was opened, gone through and the guest "gave away"  my  Joico purple shampoo -.- why can't people just be honest. They knew it wasn't theirs -_-

also my eyeko eyeliner freebie is missing/: 

@darkiceis The person that gave it out and realized his mistake a little too late. He went and asked for the package back. The guest had it for a day, opened it, and wasn't going to say anything about it. He just admitted that he gave away the shampoo. Which kind of grinds my gears in a different sense, if you get a package that isn't yours, even if you miss the label, once you open it you KNOW it isn't yours why not just close it back up and return it? 

My sister feels terrible that it happened so we took a girls day and made a trip to Ulta to replace it. 

@StephaniLynn  That is terrible, there are so many dishonest people in this world.

Do you know what the guest said about going through the box?

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh. People are the worst!

Oh no @StephaniLynn that is so depressing 😞  

It has the 2 GWP bags 😭 

The manager probably still has it. I'd go over there and face to face with a tear in my eye ask them to please look a little harder. Just maybe it will miraculously turn up.

Unfortunately it only includes 1 gwp because I'm a dummy and forgot to add the missylynn bag and didn't want to reorder and return the first one. I think i'll go in tomorrow and see what they can get done. It has to be there somewhere. 

3 Replies
testing