Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have random lash growth too, it makes putting on mascara an adventure for sure! Currently I am being driven batty by the random tiny lashes that grow in the inside corner of my eyes. All my eyeliner gets trapped in them and makes it look like I have dark eye boogers all the time! My husband is constantly trying to fish stuff out of the inside corner of my eyes but he just smudges my makeup 😕

@unfungirl I have three eyelash hairs on my right eye that naturally point straight down. If they're particularly bothering me I'll apply a thin coat of mascara and then use a heated eyelash curler to set them where I want them.  It takes about thirty seconds which in the moment seems like a long time but it's not. When the mascara dries in the set position they stay put. 

@heartsmyface. Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try that. My eyelashes have always been sort of wonky, but ever since I started using Latisse they've gone nuts!

I remembered a pet peeve this morning. Basically, when you are applying makeup and a hair from your own head gets sort stuck across your face or eye or whatever and you can't seem to "find" it or brush it away without effort. I don't know why it's so annoying!

Or, when a hair gets stuck to the back of your shirt, and you can feel it brushing the back of your arm but can't find it and it keeps bugging you. The worst!

@sister13 oh my goodness!! Same! I do a little freak out dance when I feel a hair touching me. Like it's trapped or something. At night when I wear glasses it's especially frustrating because sometimes a hair will wind itself around them and when I rip my glasses off to swat at my face it pulls said hair out.

Ugh that's the worst!  Especially bad if you've done full coverage and spot a hair embedded across your face in your makeup.  

Or when you get an itchy nose while your makeup is drying!  I try not to scratch by jabbing the itchy spot with my pinky nail but always seem to muss up the makeup:/ 

@sister13 ugh I hate the feeling of hair on the back of my neck or face! I have to shower after I get a haircut cos it makes me crazy.

OMG yes @sister13 that bothers me too. The worst is when it's one of my cats' hair, and it's so fine that I CANNOT see it. But it's ticking the inside of my nose or my cheek. Drives me nuts!

Newest pet peeve..

I enjoy writing reviews on products and posting them on the product page for others to use to determine whether they want to buy. And I 'get' that everyone has different things they are looking for in a product.. that face mask might have broke me out but left the next person radiant...

BUT, what grinds my beans is when I leave a very thorough step-by-step review of my experience with a product.. and someone votes it UNHELPFUL. 

Unhelpful? wtf. 

I think people are using the unhelpful button as the  DON'T AGREE button.

Kinda related, I wish all reviewers would be specific as to which shade(s) of lipstick/eye liner/eye shadow/etc they purchased. Telling me the product is great or awful without specifying the color drives me bananas, because some colors apply better than others from the same line, so the reviews for some products seem all over the place but they make more sense when I actually get a chance to test the products myself and realize that yes, some shades apply like a dream while others are patchy as all get out.  /endrant

@Insomniacmuffin Well first off, thanks for writing reviews in the first place.  I used to write reviews but kind if stopped as I realized I didn't trust most of them over an actual conversation on BT (BIC).  

Now I'm curious as to whether people liked my reviews in the past.  

Maybe be your down votes were because you weren't helpful in enabling the decision they'd already made,lol?  Who knows.  

I actually have never gone back to check if people find my reviews helpful... but I have definitely marked many reviews as unhelpful, mostly ones that say "great product!" Ok, SOOOO it's great...but how and why??Or ones that say "broke me out". OK, SOOOO it broke you out, but what's your skin type? Were you using the product correctly?

@Insomniacmuffin Ugh! I hate that! Honestly the only review I would mark as unhelpful is if someone posts something completely unrelated to the product. 

@Insomniacmuffin you are so right about people thinking thumbs down = disagreement! Those are probably the same people who write reviews before a product is released about how excited they are 🙄 It's especially grating when you really take your time to formulate a well-rounded review. 

I go a while in between Sephora shops, during which time I salivate over dozens of products I swear I'll buy next time I have spare money/gift cards. Then I finally do a Sephora shop and get so overwhelmed by the sheer number of things I want, I'm basically paralyzed. It'll take me days, sometimes even a week obsessing over my cart. Which pallette? Do I need another pallette? If I put this back, I can get this... I didn't even know THAT was released! I'm terrible.1.gif

@RoadRageBarbie That has happened to me before - sometimes too many choices are a bad thing.  But look at it this way - you can always try and return!  Plus, once you (someday) have a bigger collection, then you hopefully won't be craving every collection out there.  🙂

I was excited to try one of my favorite limited edition shadows over a white base... And I got partway there, until I noticed the shadow is missing! Where has it hid in my unruly collection?! Why do I always leave things randomly around the house?! I'm sitting here sulking with NYX milk pencil all over my lids and a bright yellow crease. Argh. 

Still no Kat Von D thread 😞

@suzyodid you see it's back up 🙂 A bit of a mess but it's there!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-KVD-THREAD/m-p/2544212#M15758

Thanks for the Tag!

stop neil patrick harris stop it quit it GIF

Alright spammers...

testing