Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Don't forget reCaptcha in the PM's

(a personal favorite.)

@lmi82

Bump!

So I went on vacation for 10 days...and forgot my makeup. 😞 😞 I seriously felt like part of me was missing.

The day I left was very hectic and I was running around trying to pack and get out the door quickly and yeah. (The fact that I watched 3 hours of Pretty Little Liars the night before, instead of packing and organizing things, probably didn't help. ;))

I also couldn't log in to BT! 

Thankfully it was a great vacation, so that made up for it :).

@JenniferOhJenny

Nothing trumps going on vacation and forgetting to pack underwear. 😱😅

Oh no! I assume you are speaking from personal experience? I usually end up with twice as much underwear as I actually need because I just keep tossing more in my suitcase "just in case"

@JenniferOhJenny sadly yes, personal experience! 

I normally pack at least 10 pair for just a three day trip lol, but somehow completely managed to forget that time. It was a split trip of sorts, so I had packed two bags. We were flying out of ATL for a 10day cruise, but didn't live near ATL...however, my SIL and BIL did, so we drove over a day early and stayed with them the night before. I had underwear in my overnight bag for their house, but discovered I had no more when we got on the boat. I spent the whole trip washing the two pair I had in the sink and praying they were dry when I needed them. Hahahahahaha fun times 😂

@RGbrown My husband had to run out  and buy me tampons in a tiny Alaskan town, because I had forgotten to pack my birth control pills and suddenly started my period. On our honeymoon. And the cruise ship shop was closed because we were in port. Fun times indeed!

Ok, yes, that wins! But I'm jealous of you for the Alaskan cruise!

@Beadshopgirl oh no! That might actually be worse than forgetting underwear! You win! 😂

@RGbrown Buying me tampons in a store that also sells guns & ammo, while older tourists giggled at him is definitely true love!

Hahahahaha that's awful! At least you can laugh about it now! 🙂

@JenniferOhJenny Oh goodness! Forgetting my makeup could never happen because it's such a large part of my packing routine. I think more about that I'm bring to put on my face than the clothes I'll be wearing on my body. I'm glad it worked out okay for you though! 

@alexasteph I'm usually the same way! I had even been making a list in my head of everything I was going to bring. Unfortunately the list never made it out of my head and into my makeup bag!

So did you just go au naturel the whole trip, or did you buy some back-up makeup? @JenniferOhJenny

@Beadshopgirl We were at the beach so I was able to just skip makeup most of the time. I used my daughters' when I wanted to put some on when we went shopping or whatever, but I really missed having my own stuff!

I'd miss my own stuff too!

I tend to pack most of my makeup with me on vacation, but rarely end up wearing any of it when I'm somewhere warm with a beach! 

It's a great time for my skin to take a break, get some nourishment from the salt water and get a bit of colour. My skin tends to improve after a week or so at the beach! Glad to hear you had a good vacation!

Thank you! It was actually nice not to feel like I had to put makeup on. The only issue was that we had a family picture taken on the beach so I had to make do with borrowed makeup. I hate having my picture taken anyway, and this just made me even less thrilled about it. Fortunately, there were 25 of us in the picture, so I'm pretty sure there aren't any close-ups of my face ;).

I also left most of my skincare products at home (on purpose - didn't want to deal with potentially leaking bottles), so my skin got a break, too. And of course now I'm wondering if I use too many items to begin with, since I haven't noticed any negative effects from skipping most of my steps!

Definitely a peeve when you can't easily have conversations about beauty and skin care because of spam interference. 😞

Ban anyone without 10+ replies or a token amount of hearts from starting new threads!

Aw well that's not fair cause lots of people start innocent threads that don't go anywhere.  

6 Replies
testing