Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I wonder how they decide which orders to send UPS vs. Ontrac.

I'm not sure. There is an option to somewhat select your carrier, but I do not know how they choose when you pick free Flash shipping.

YES!  OnTrac is the worst!

Agreed!! Just recently I had ordered the Marc Jacobs holiday palette and it was suppose to be delivered that day, well 9 pm rolls around...10...11, finally I hear a knock at the day and hurry to the door to find a girl sprinting to a mustang and hurrying off! So sketchy! Like hello, that palette is so expensive    and it wasn't even ontrac who delievered it! Im just so thankful that my package even made it to my house and that it didn't get stolen! I dread odering  from Sephora because I never know if I'm going to get ontrac or ups because it varies! Ugh! 

Definitely a peeve when you can't easily have conversations about beauty and skin care because of spam interference. Smiley Sad

Ban anyone without 10+ replies or a token amount of hearts from starting new threads!

Aw well that's not fair cause lots of people start innocent threads that don't go anywhere.  

Sorry to admit I logged on again this morning and said 

https___media.giphy.com_media_LZQsVAzgB6sE0_giphy.gif

http___31.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_ltdzv4HGwn1qh5ll7o1_500.gif

Thanks to you ladies for holding strong and thank goodness a mod finally popped on! 💚💙💜

I was offline for most of the day yesterday and this morning.  Looks like another Spam fest happened. Smiley Sad  Glad I missed it.

Spam fest indeed @AMK721 !  Hoping it gets resolved (& completely scrubbed from BT) soon

I stopped counting after 250 spam posts!

OMG I knew it was a lot but 250+ @Beadshopgirl 😮😮😮

absolutely insane

@angel7594 I cant believe this is still going on......hopefully a mod or some admin logs on to take care of this soon.

@DaneeBT is here to rescue us!   Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️

**oops.. I blabbered a lot for a fairly simple story.. I'm more amused than peeved by this experience, but I thought I'd share anyways!

Spoiler
I was at Nordstroms looking for some Tata Harper items when a Charlotte Tilbury SA approached me. TH was on a standalone rack right next to the CT counter, so it was kind of her to ask if I needed anything. I was in a happy/chatty mood so after I said no thank you, I blabbered about my skin acting up and how the Purifying Mask wasn't getting rid of all my problems. So I was just browsing for stuff to use in combination with it.

That's when she recommended the CT Goddess Mask ("if the TH mask wasn't doing enough"). I told her that I'd tried the product before and liked everything except the scent.. so no thank you!

That's when she told me it was on sale... for one weekend only... for $55 (vs "$75")!! Something felt wrong, but I don't frequently check prices on items I don't use ... so I just assumed I was remembering incorrectly. While I tried to remember the price, I asked her some questions because I was genuinely interested at a $20 savings (almost 1/3 off??).

Results: no other CT items were on sale. not a price match. not being discontinued. not offered online/other stores. She didn't falter at a single question and every answer was given so firmly that I believed her.

For most things that I buy, even if it's a repurchase, I read reviews right before I put down my card. Just in case there's a sneaky reformulation or someone discovered a bad ingredient.. etc etc. I didn't want to do that in front of her so I thanked her and pulled out my phone when I was a few feet away.. Boom. $55, original price. Sigh.

Report her!!!!!!!  I am telling yah.  You contact NS  with the store, date, salesperson, etc......and, they will get on her.    NS....doesn't mess around!  

This is why I love Sephora.  I can test on my own and I know the price.  

At the store counters........you gotta deal with the Used Car Salespeople! 

(unless, you know what you want and just ask and pay)

lol. You should have told her that it's impossible to use a half-loop stitching on low-viscosity rayon.

Wow.

If I really wanted to be a B, I'd go back and ask "sorry, did you mean the mask is on sale for $35? Because my phone tells me the mask is $55 anyway." and watch the reaction Smiley Very Happy

But I'm rarely brave enough to do such things!

Sometimes I wish I wasn't as bold as I am lol.  I never used to be, but as I get older and have had countless times where I've been taken advantage of, I told myself no more and I stand up for myself now.  It really gets on my nerves when I feel duped.  

Haha I 100% understand what you mean, @AMK721!! Totally not beauty related, but one time I was trying to use a manufacturer's coupon for any Bic stationery item at Walmart. Bought a whiteout and the coupon scanned fine at a self-check out register, but required a manual "approval." An employee came over, read the fine prints like James Madison reading the Constitution, then had the nerve to tell me that the whiteout is not a stationery. I literally asked her, "what kind of BS is that?!"

I did walk away with the free whiteout, but man.. I wish I didn't have to say what I'd said!  

@NarNarNars"like James Madison reading the Constitution" 😂😂😂😂😂

3 Replies