Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm sorry to hear 😕 This sucks regardless when it happens (but def doesnt make it any better during the holiday weekend). What goes around will come around. 

Awww so sorry this happened to you, @RGbrown

I had it happen from Target during that huge fiasco several years ago and also from a gas station. 

For the the gas station one, I lived in charlotte and someone in Virginia was using my card. I actually called around to the merchants that I got from my bank and I had video of the lady using a card she made with my number. I told the cops and they didn't do anything even though I did all that work. 😞

i hooe you get that resolved. What a mess

I must post in this thread today.  

I have retail therapied to Kingdom come of late.  Finally it is the bloody weekend - which means I am home in daylight, I have got enough sleep, and I can try all the makeup and skincare to my little hearts content.

It is POURING RAIN!

There is no light outside.  None.  And all my various colour products look 50 shades of beige.  They are not beige!

In fact, they are red, orange red, blue red, kinda blue red, purple red, brown red,fuschia red, red, the other red, pink, and violet.

Can I threaten the Sun into showing itself?  I dunno, but I will try.

**** *** Sun!

This rain has been no stop! I want to try a bunch of fun summer fashions and looks on my days off but NOPE. Just rain keeping me inside.

Ah... send you lots of virtual hugs!!! @greenchilli. Hopefully the sun is out soon.  We are in 100+ degree weather over here.  Too hot! 😉

I had a sample of the Too Faced mascara remover (melt something) and I can't find it!! I feel like I've looked everywhere!! I've been looking forward to try it but now can't. I'm also thinking that the moment I stop looking for it, I'll find it ☹️

I know it's been mentioned but when you're asked which samples you'd like sent and noooooooone of the ones you get are what you requested. I buy things all the time based off of samples and it's super annoying to be looking forward to trying a particular item and then get some random man cologne or whatever. I know it's a silly thing but ugh. 

@liv545,  

We are talking about Sephora samples here, right? This is a big pet peeve for me, too!  Sometimes I don't even request samples anymore, because I know that I won't even get one of my requests.  

They apparently aren't even trying to give the correct samples from the Salt Lake City warehouse.  Ever.

@tsavorite I did this long rant and it now won't let me edit the initial reply to tag you 😂😂 

I just got my packages from when Saint/Sinner was in stock and the Roloxin mask. Not one!!! Of the samples was correct. And I didn't get the origins promo. I was fuming. I really wanted to smell Sinner on me 😭 I have this thing with refusing to return items(it's a twitch) so the samples are super freaking helpful. Like why even let us pick!?! Ugh. First world problems I know but it's ridiculously annoying when you're looking forward to a sample as much as the order and BAM Philosophy Purity......again. 

@liv545,

I feel your pain and I agree with you.  It's not an exception anymore, it's a rule for me to not get any of the samples that I request from Sephora Salt Lake City warehouse.  Almost all my orders come from there.

@tsavorite  I wonder why that is? Like has anyone ever weighed in on why it went from being accurate to all over the map?  I feel for you, I really do. Getting samples that nobody wants super frustrating. It's like what am I even supposed to do with these? But maybe that's what the warehouse is thinking too?  Like darn it, 😂 we have to unload these samples somehow. Who's the unlucky winner today? 

Extremely disappointed in NARS' decision to no longer be cruelty free. 

Urban Decay has been shipping in hysterically huge boxes lately. It's so wasteful but amusing. The box was too big for the bubble wrap and the one tiny product I ordered was siting in the corner outside of the giant wrappings of the enormous box 

I feel bad for the environment, but it always makes me giggle when I tear open a huge package full of lots of safety filler to find a tiny eyeliner or itty lipstick.

Not beauty only but when tracking states "Estimated delivery 1-11 days". That's...not helpful, you're allowed to be a couple of days off an estimate.

Yes! My recent orders from Sephora have all been saying "1-11 days". Like what the heck lol.

Lol that's quite the range!

When you order 2 things, and one of them is missing. Is it that hard to fulfill an order?

My pet peeve: at Sephora or Ulta when they hand me a shopping basket,  please don't hand that to me because I will fill that thing up!!!

I'm sure this has been mentioned previously, but I don't understand why USPS would decide to use my package to do a touchdown spike imitation 😭Hope they enjoyed getting my perfume all over themselves 😤

IMG_3120.JPG

testing