Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm annoyed that I might have to go on a no-buy.  Not because of saving money (which would be a positive side effect) because I'm running out of storage space for all my makeup!!! 😱

Same here!

It hadn't happened to me in a long, long time. I ordered the 

Neogen DermalogyCanadian Clay Pore Cleanser and got the green gauze pads instead, same brand, different product. What's weird is that on the profile with purchase history it says I ordered the green tea gauze, but I had placed the order on the clay mask, it is really weird. I don't want the pads. What's weirder is that on the slip they include with the items , it states the correct order, the pore clay mask. Also, I didn't get my caudalie offer I had wanted to try out. >_<

actually they're letting me keep the green tea stuff and sending me my clay replacement, yay 😄 

oh and the green tea gauze.. wow! amazing! 

@Blackwhiskey

I swear I put the green tea pads on my love list when it first appear on the site. but I checked earlier today to see the canadian clay pore cleanser on my love list but I know I never added it... i just checked my list, and its the clay still 😕

When you try to open the box of a new item and you can't get it open without ripping the package, even when trying to be really careful and gentle.  

I know it really doesn't matter, but SO ANNOYING!

YES! And naturally this always happens to me on products I end up wanting to return, so the SA side-eyes me because it looks like I really mangled the product and used it hard for a year when I really only touched it once.

Anonymous Insider

This always happens to me with Tatcha boxes! For both the full size and sample products, from some reason I can never open them without the box "lid" ripping!

That is such a huge pet peeve of mine.

Crappy nail polish. Ugh! I ordered a few Formula X nail polishes during the massive restock and I was particularly excited about the Incandescent one. I just tried it today and holy moly it's terrible. It was just a thin, watery, streaky mess. One of the worst polishes I've ever tried. Moral of the story: do not buy Formula X Incandescent.

Also, do not buy the CVS beauty 360 non-acetone nail polish remover pads. These are the worst nail polish remover pads I've ever used.  

😞

ETA: Oh, and Marc Jacobs Blanche sucks too. FIVE coats and it's still streaky. Ugh!

Pet peeve: Getting face wash in your eye. Holy bleep it hurts like hell. And then you start to worry that you might go blind. 😂😬

I was putting on my Drunk Elephant C Serum and I don't know how it happened but my finger flicked, and a dot landed in the corner of my eye.......... I was splashing water like crazy on it, I was like, this is it - I'm blind from this day forward. XD 

beauty peeve: Nars Audacious mascara wand. Holy sharp things! 

still a peeve but not beauty related. My boss has been a major Regina George for the past week and a co-worker of mine has something to say about everything and not in a good way...it makes work life so much less enjoyable:/ 

Ugh Negative Nellies at work are the worst 😞  really brings everyone else down and makes the day drag on.

I just made an Ulta purchase and noticed AFTER I placed my order that I missed the platinum mark by a few cents...oh boy! Guess I will be making another order soon just to justify requalifying for platinum again haha 😉

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.29.29 AM.png

Falling just a couple dollars short of free shipping/GWP/etc and the company you're buying from not having anything bellow $10 you can throw on to make the minimum. It's either miss the promo/free shipping by $2 or commit to spending $15 more on something you didn't really want to avoid $6 shipping or to get a deluxe sample.

I know there's a delay with processing but...it's been 8 days since I placed my order and it hasn't even shipped yet! Ship already GRRR. 

Orders I placed this weekend have shipped...but I still have one pending from the 30th that hasn't. Crazy stuff going on in their warehouse lately. Smh. 

Anonymous Insider

I feel your pain.  My order from May 27th is still process. le sigh

It took 3 days to even get my order conformation!

Does anyone know what is causing this delay?  The major sale has passed, I don't get it.... @xcicee @AMK721

testing