Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Pollu

@Anonymous @sydtomato

Same happened to me! They over inflated my value by $20 Canadian! Never again. I didn't want the stupid feebies anyway especially if they are going to inflated the value of the package for them. Never again with colourpop. Oh and they left out one item from my order 😞

@ChristalM So sorry to hear that Smiley Sad

Did Colourpop at least send out a replacement for the missing item?

@Pollu Nope! They don't seem to care.

Wow I'm shocked by that! I once made an order and it said it was delivered but I did not get it.  I think either my mailman mixed up the addresses since it was Christmas time and there are usually more packages or it was stolen from my porch.  I contacted Colourpop and they sent out a brand new order.

@ChristalM

@ChristalM That's horrible! Smiley SadYou should try contacting them on their social media. Usually, companies seem to respond better on social media.

@Pollu Sadly I did with no response. 

@ChristalM Hope they get back to you. This is not fair. Smiley Sad

I am quite upset with Sephora in South East Asia. It makes me appreciate Sephora's rewards program in the US lol. In Thailand, you have to spend 2000 baht (which is around 58 US dollars) to get deluxe sample of KVD lipstick. If you spend another 1000 baht (about 29 US dollars), you get 1 deluxe sample of KVD tattoo liner. So you'll have to spend about 87 US dollars just to get a GWP that you might be able to get in the US with a $35 buy-in. :S Also, recently, you'll have to spend 3500 baht (about $102) to get a Sephora cosmetic pouch *screams inside*. I'm so glad I don't have to buy anything from Sephora while I'm enjoying myself in Thailand lol

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 7.35.51 PM.png

Honestly we have it so good in US and Canada despite all the complaints. We often forget that international customers don't get any of the perks we get and their prices are often much more inflated.

I'm irritated that I have an order just sitting "in progress" for 5 days.  I called the Rouge line and that didn't help. The only thing on this order is a few lip products, nothing LE or highly sought after.  Anyone else have issues with their order not shipping?  

May 27 Order.PNG

Anonymous Insider

@AMK721It's happening to me too except they shipped half the order (which has already arrived) but the other half has been waiting to ship for a week now.

@amk721 same thing happened to me...I have the rouge free shipping-ordered on the 25th and it was not delivered until yesterday. It did say delays were occurring though and probably with memorial day weekend monday was not a work day so they are likely behind.

@AMK721 I placed an order on the 27th too and it's also in progress still 😞 I have flash shipping. On the checkout page there's a notice that says orders will be delayed 3-4 days. 

I got a haircut from a 4.5* rated salon on Saturday and one side is .5 inches shorter than the other.  I just tried to cut a bit myself.  Mom says she can't tell, but I can and it's annoying me.  All I got was a simple trim of 2 inches off...

Also, I'm only $23 away from renewing for rouge.  I'm mad at myself as I said I was on a low-buy back in jan/feb... And wtf now I've renewed faster than I did last year.  Why.

@sabrinas I'm sorry. We wear our hair every day, so a bad haircut is definitely an annoyance. I saw the picture you posted below, and i only noticed the unevenness because I knew what I was looking for. Definitely call the salon and have them fix it though. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, so you deserve to have it fixed!

I completely agree with @ashlynaf. The uneven cut isn't totally noticeable unless you're looking for it. I've had similar things happen in the past though, and no matter what anyone said, because I knew it wasn't even it haunted me until it was rectified. I hope they fix it for you with no questions asked @sabrinas! 🙂 There's nothing worse than being unhappy with a service, then having to argue to have it put right.

I feel you on both counts @sabrinas. I've had haircuts like that before, it's very upsetting/frustrating. 😞

I also failed my low-buy and re-rouged, but I'm recommitting. There is still half a year to make up for it. 😛

Yep!! Im even more frustrated now because i straightened my hair and its clear that one side is probably an inch longer than the other and choppy/uneven ugh!!! Gotta call the salon back. @Asche (Sorry for unflattering photo lol)

IMG_2211.JPG

When you place an order with Sephora on the 18th and it still hasn't been shipped on the 28th... I called the Rouge line and cancelled the order today.

Between this order and the continuing website issues, I'm going to be consciously trying to avoid purchasing stuff from Sephora for a while.  

Hm.. I usually don't have problems with products being damaged during shipping (~10% chance?) but a palette from Sephora arrived shattered today. 😭 Why UPS, why?

When you report inappropriate content to moderators and nothing's been done 😞  @KatieBT 

testing