Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I agree 100% @ghrelin.  Thankfully pretty much everyone here on BT are beautiful, but there are a few ogres out there lol.  Not sure why some people have to be mean. Everyone has their own opinion, someone shouldn't get offended just because you don't agree with their point of view, no need to get nasty.  

@AMK721  Yes, for sure.  

Concerning opposing opinions, it would be nice if everyone felt empowered to share their own views without fear of backlash, if we could be open to hearing the opinions of others, understanding that we have different opinions, and agree to disagree.  Of course, that's kind of a naive and simplistic wish, because life is complicated, and often what we have opinions on actually affect the lives of others.

But, focusing on behaviors in general, how much more beautiful of a place would this world be if we could approach everything from a place of love and caring for ourselves and others.  Maybe I'm getting a little philosophical, but I wonder if we as a society find it hard to love others because many of us don't know how to love ourselves.  

We're taught in so many ways that we're not good enough, we internalize those beliefs, and so there's already a president set on how we will treat human beings.  If we can't treat the one human we are with all the time (ourselves) with kindness and love, then perhaps it can be even harder to treat others with kindness and love.  If what is familiar (ourselves) isn't good enough, how can what we aren't familiar with (others with different views, histories, cultures) be good enough?

Sometimes life is so complicated...

You bring up a good point about bringing things up from a caring place. Different opinions are good and I agree that they should be able to be voiced freely.

I think most confrontations arrive as a result of the delivery of these opinions. Always more than one way to get a point across but some are gentler than others. 

Sephora changed the loves list. I have tons of sale stuff I was stalking, like Formula X and some other stuff like gift sets that seem to come and go, but now I can't see those items anymore at all. 😞

So I thought maybe they've done away with those items completely. But no, the crazy thing is there is some Formula X stuff on the sale page now, so I loved those particular items...but even they don't show up in my Loves list. As another example, I have a Tarte Lip Exfoliant in my cart (which used to be on my Loves list, and is currently OOS)...my cart says it's "Loved", but it's not on my Loves list that I can see.

I want my old Loves list back!

(and I hate the new cart on the mobile site, Sephora...way to bury points redemption and promo codes under ads for more products you want me to buy first. No thank you) 

This happened with the discounted ABH shadows I had in my cart @RGbrown.  Hopefully the glitch is corrected soon.

This actually happened to me months ago, but of course it's happened again. I'm a little disappointed in Sephora lately, I hate to say it. This just being another disappointment 

Yup. I don't wanna knock Sephora too much, especially on their own site lol, but it's just another let down in what has been a less than stellar last few months. Stalking sale stuff was about all I desired anymore, and since that seems to be exponentially more difficult now, well...

😞

No of course not! I'll always love and shop at Sephora, it just complicates things a bit. Some days I've spent hours going through products and saving and I've lost a lot of that now 😞 

Anonymous Insider

Same thing just happened to me! All the items that were OOS that I was waiting for to come back in stock were removed from loves list, but are still on the website. I don't understand the reasoning behind this change, it's making it HARDER for me to shop :S 

Tried using my deluxe sample of the Tarteguard sunscreen. Upon a couple of pumps, the pump broke off. It actually flew off like a rocket. Needless to say, the package was ruined and I never got to try the product. I read a lot of bad reviews about Tarteguard and this packaging fiasco doesn't help.

I love Tartegaurd! I actually have heard nothing but good reviews.  I have heard the packaging on the deluxe sample is awful though.  I have read multiple people on here saying their pump stopped working.  

Anonymous Insider

When your $35 ($48 CAD) colourpop order gets slammed with $17 of duties 😞  what bugs me the most is that $10 of that is just the "handling fee"!

MINE DID TOO.  I order from colourpop all the time and have never got charged in Canada.  Canada post comes to my door yesterday and says I owe $13, $10 for handling fee and tax.  They said the value of my package was $54CAD when it was a $48 order, same as you.  So I paid more tax for a value of product I didn't even purchase?  

Anyone know why this is?

@sydtomato Colourpop includes the GWP in the total order value. So if you received, say the birthday eyeshadow GWP with your recent order, that would add $5 to your total, bringing it to $40 value, which is $54 CAD. You may be able to see this in the value declaration form on your package.

Anonymous Insider

Yes that's what they did! They added the value of the GWP even though I didn't pay for it, and I'm pretty sure they included the full value of the sets instead of the actual price. Not cool. 

@Pollu Oh wow didn't even look at it closely at all my bad, that makes total sense.  Do you happen to know why I got charged a handling fee when i never have before.  I even made two colourpop orders about the first week of May and didn't get hit with any charges.

@sydtomato If your package value is declared as above $20 CAD, you will have to pay tax + handling fee. But CBSA seems to select packages at random to impose these charges on. So sometimes you may get lucky and you don't have to pay anything.

I am totally fine with paying taxes, but the handling fees always kills the deal! And $20 CAD is such a low limit. US has a $800 limit.

@Pollu  Thanks for much for that info! I have gotten very lucky then.  Almost all my orders have been over $20 from Colourpop and other places.  I tried to look up info online and there is such mixed and vague info. $20 is just ridiculous, then businesses wonder why the online market in Canada is so low relative to US. I am also fine with paying taxes but the "handling fee" is a joke. 

@sydtomato You are welcome! I hope Canada increases this limit at least to a reasonable amount. Based on reports from some independent research institutes, it is observed that the Canadian Government spends four times more to implement this threshold than it actually collects in duty and tax revenue on low-value ecommerce purchases. Increasing the limit would be beneficial for everyone!

I don't mind paying at all. But paying on what I PAID not what you deem it to be worth. If I get a gift bag from Barneys or Saks, they are not adding the $200 "value" of the bag to my order! 

@ChristalM I agree! GWP should never be included in the total value. Actually, I have not come across any other company which does that, other than Colourpop. Definitely make me not want to order from them.

14 Replies
testing