Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The YSL private sale.

I was going to splurge on a bag (since it had a really great discount), go to checkout...annnnnd it's gone. Who do you think you are YSL, the Sephora Rewards Bazaar? 

Now I'm refreshing the page ever few seconds hoping it'll pop back in stock (another Sephora trick!). Fingers crossed!!

that's the worst @Asche! i hope you have some luck!

Thanks @unfungirl! I never had any luck. Guess it wasn't meant to be, but I shouldn't be spending $600 on a purse anyway. 😛

haha i know the feeling. sometimes it's for the best @Asche! still disappointing though!

This time next year I'll be watching their website like a hawk. 😉

I made a purchase a few weeks ago to get the Ulta Black Opium GWP - a mini perfume and lotion in a nice little bag. I just looked at the bag over the weekend and there is a UPC sticker right on the front of it. Not one of the ones that you can just peel off, either. So now I have to figure out how to get it off without ruining the bag. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still irritating.

@JenniferOhJenny Try putting the bag in the freezer  overnight. It should make the sticker easier to peel off. 

@Beadshopgirl Thank you - I will definitely try that!

Spoiler

As a vegetarian; nothing annoys me more than a brand claiming they're "cruelty free" when they sell real mink lashes. Even if I still ate meat, this would upset me knowing it's false advertising and torturous. Even if a company claims they collect fallen hair, the amount of hair they collect is not natural. Nor is it to be believed it just "fell". The most important thing when purchasing is to do your research. 

Anonymous Insider

I've been to several of the Sephoras in the city recently and every time I went to the Nars display looking for the Unfiltered I palette, it wasn't there.  The Unfiltered II palette is there but there isn't even a display area for the Unfiltered I.  So I went online to see if any stores have it.  And it's only at JCP Sephoras.  None of the freestanding Sephoras have it even though all the Sephoras in the city have the Unfiltered II.  So the I randomly checked Dallas (where my parents are) and same deal.  Why is the Unfiltered I only in JCP Sephoras?  It just rubbed me the wrong way.

@Anonymous It's in stock online right now 🙂 Just saw it came back the other day 

http://www.sephora.com/narsissist-unfiltered-cheek-palette-P97635457?skuId=1860709&icid2=products%20grid:p97635457

Anonymous Insider

@xciceeThanks 🙂

When you get an email (gasps with excitement) for an item you've been eyeing only to find out it's a false alarm Cat Frustrated

00000.JPG

Spoiler

SIKE!  Nope, this item is NOT available...not even close...

0000.JPG

Image result for shakes fist gif

@ZombieMetroAntOooh I feel that pain! You always have the BEST gifs I've noticed lol.

Thanks @RoseCharlie Heart The internet is the gift that keeps on giving Cat LOL

@ZombieMetroAnt I have an extra mirror!!!!   I snagged an extra for someone but they managed to acquire one on their own during another drop.  If you're interested you have first dibs.

EEK!!!  @heartsmyface you are so incredibly wonderful!  PMing you Heart

Anonymous Insider

@ZombieMetroAntI got the same email a few days ago and was so excited... until I realized that it was a mistake (or it sold out again before the email was generated).  I'll keep an eye out for you.  It's such a pretty mirror and you should have it.

They're playing with your emotions!!

Speaking of Ulta...

I have been to my local store three times in the last three weeks and they have never once had the birthday gift in stock. And, irritatingly enough, you can only get it in store.

I only have one more week left before the month of eligibility expires, so I'd say chances are dim. And it's something I really wanted to try, too - a sneak preview of that new Lancome mascara (Mr. Big, or something like that).

You  have to call first.  Some stores are just really busy.  I mean anyone can get  a birthday present. 

If all else fails ask them for another DS item.  

testing