Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm not sure if this "vent" is in the right place, if not feel free to delete it. I won't post who I'm speaking of out of respect for them. While my feelings were hurt, I still greatly respect their opinions and will continue to watch their videos for inspiration. I however will never put myself out there , as I have.

My vent.

I regularly watch a few beauty gurus on YouTube, some I've watched for years. I've cheered them on as their channels has grown and I've tried to boost them up with kind words. There was never a time when I seen that they asked advice or opinions, that I didn't go out of my way to be kind , research what they were asking about and share what I found.

I've shared their links and tried to bring new fans their way. I'm nobody but I tried to be supportive, at times going out of my way to do so. So when I started to have a skin condition, I picked my two favorite, the two I trusted the opinion of most and wrote them a email asking their advice. That took a lot, its not something I would normally do.

I even wrote them a second time to tell them as much, I apologized for bothering them and told them while I appreciate the advice, I would understand if they didn't want to give any advice. I was actually really embarrassed and now regret that I ever wrote them. My email lets me know when they're read, so I know they were opened and they couldn't even be bothered to write a single word back.

Do they not remember what it's like to simply want someone to respond to them? When they desperately wanted fans , desperately wanted advice on their channel and make up abilities?

I can't afford to pay for their advice or send them endless amounts of free products and I wasn't expecting much of a response but being snubbed stung. I know it shouldn't , but it did.

Aw, sorry this happened to you.  There's nothing worse than being made to feel like you don't matter to the people you respect- especially when you are one of the reasons why they're successful.  

Perhaps you could ask someone here on BT?  I know it can be tough to talk about skin conditions, but you're likely not the only one dealing with it and the discussion could help others as well.  I betcha someone in Jemlys skincare thread may be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.     

oh yeah I feel this entirely!! I only follow youtube channels with small audiences because to me, youtube isn't the equivalent of watching a tv show. I want to be able to interact. while I respect big channels, I don't spend my time on them.

@imbeautiful i'm so sorry that they couldn't be bothered to respond! i get so frustrated, and have actually unfollowed a lot of people in IG because they don't respond to comments, and generally aren't very nice to their fanbase. it's super irritating when people seem to forget they were once a mere human too.

i'm not sure if it will help, but we have some very knowledgeable ladies on BT, so if you need skin advice, you might want to try the skincare forum. i think i know a lot about skin, and i have learned so much from them still! ❤️

@imbeautiful-  I'm sorry for you that you were treated so shabbily. It's so easy to just type, sorry I can't help, but some people are just so full of themselves that they don't care what others think. Narcissism seems to be so much more common these days, but don't let it get to you. You are a very nice person, just let it roll off your back, they aren't worth the effort.

The YSL private sale.

I was going to splurge on a bag (since it had a really great discount), go to checkout...annnnnd it's gone. Who do you think you are YSL, the Sephora Rewards Bazaar? 

Now I'm refreshing the page ever few seconds hoping it'll pop back in stock (another Sephora trick!). Fingers crossed!!

that's the worst @Asche! i hope you have some luck!

Thanks @unfungirl! I never had any luck. Guess it wasn't meant to be, but I shouldn't be spending $600 on a purse anyway. 😛

haha i know the feeling. sometimes it's for the best @Asche! still disappointing though!

This time next year I'll be watching their website like a hawk. 😉

I made a purchase a few weeks ago to get the Ulta Black Opium GWP - a mini perfume and lotion in a nice little bag. I just looked at the bag over the weekend and there is a UPC sticker right on the front of it. Not one of the ones that you can just peel off, either. So now I have to figure out how to get it off without ruining the bag. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still irritating.

@JenniferOhJenny Try putting the bag in the freezer  overnight. It should make the sticker easier to peel off. 

@Beadshopgirl Thank you - I will definitely try that!

Spoiler

As a vegetarian; nothing annoys me more than a brand claiming they're "cruelty free" when they sell real mink lashes. Even if I still ate meat, this would upset me knowing it's false advertising and torturous. Even if a company claims they collect fallen hair, the amount of hair they collect is not natural. Nor is it to be believed it just "fell". The most important thing when purchasing is to do your research. 

Anonymous Insider

I've been to several of the Sephoras in the city recently and every time I went to the Nars display looking for the Unfiltered I palette, it wasn't there.  The Unfiltered II palette is there but there isn't even a display area for the Unfiltered I.  So I went online to see if any stores have it.  And it's only at JCP Sephoras.  None of the freestanding Sephoras have it even though all the Sephoras in the city have the Unfiltered II.  So the I randomly checked Dallas (where my parents are) and same deal.  Why is the Unfiltered I only in JCP Sephoras?  It just rubbed me the wrong way.

@Anonymous It's in stock online right now 🙂 Just saw it came back the other day 

http://www.sephora.com/narsissist-unfiltered-cheek-palette-P97635457?skuId=1860709&icid2=products%20grid:p97635457

Anonymous Insider

@xciceeThanks 🙂

When you get an email (gasps with excitement) for an item you've been eyeing only to find out it's a false alarm Cat Frustrated

00000.JPG

Spoiler

SIKE!  Nope, this item is NOT available...not even close...

0000.JPG

Image result for shakes fist gif

@ZombieMetroAntOooh I feel that pain! You always have the BEST gifs I've noticed lol.

Thanks @RoseCharlie Heart The internet is the gift that keeps on giving Cat LOL

@ZombieMetroAnt I have an extra mirror!!!!   I snagged an extra for someone but they managed to acquire one on their own during another drop.  If you're interested you have first dibs.

testing