Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm glad it worked for you Heart Smiley Happy

I love how long nails look on my, but they are such a hassle. Washing my hair feels like I'm either not doing a good enough job or else I'm scratching my skull off, whenever I try to get a product out of a jar most of it gets under my nails, and even though I clean my nails  often the product then just feels icky and dirty to me. Not to mention constantly worrying one will break at a bad time.

Oh, but they look so pretty... 

I had long nails for about six months last year. I felt very glamorous but I also HATED getting lotion and products under my nails. It made me crazy. But I loved tapping my fingers on everything. I miss that sound and feeling now that I just have boring old stubby fingernails again!

Yes! I know this struggle all too well. I also love the look of long nails but their maintenance eventually drives me crazy and I chop them all off. My nails rarely break so that's not a worry for me but similar to you I hate when product gets under my nails. My hair is also an unnatural color. As such, I have to use a color-depositing deep conditioner once a week and it always stains my long nails. 

Wanting to make a purchase which is $1 off from GWP buy-in and there aren't any sharpeners or other add-ons Smiley Sad

or need an add-on to avoid shipping charges...

Highlighted

The anastasia 4pan eyeshadow palettes are $1 Smiley Happy

I've been to several of the Sephoras in the city recently and every time I went to the Nars display looking for the Unfiltered I palette, it wasn't there.  The Unfiltered II palette is there but there isn't even a display area for the Unfiltered I.  So I went online to see if any stores have it.  And it's only at JCP Sephoras.  None of the freestanding Sephoras have it even though all the Sephoras in the city have the Unfiltered II.  So the I randomly checked Dallas (where my parents are) and same deal.  Why is the Unfiltered I only in JCP Sephoras?  It just rubbed me the wrong way.

@Annaihk It's in stock online right now Smiley Happy Just saw it came back the other day 

http://www.sephora.com/narsissist-unfiltered-cheek-palette-P97635457?skuId=1860709&icid2=products%20...Smiley Tongue

@xciceeThanks Smiley Happy

I made a purchase a few weeks ago to get the Ulta Black Opium GWP - a mini perfume and lotion in a nice little bag. I just looked at the bag over the weekend and there is a UPC sticker right on the front of it. Not one of the ones that you can just peel off, either. So now I have to figure out how to get it off without ruining the bag. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still irritating.

@JenniferOhJenny Try putting the bag in the freezer  overnight. It should make the sticker easier to peel off. 

@Beadshopgirl Thank you - I will definitely try that!

A lot of mornings I'll put my perfume on just after I've showered and moisturized - so before getting dressed and doing my makeup. But I don't always remember, like today. Today perfume was my last step in the routine and I full blast hit myself square in the face instead of delicately spritzing myself on the neck. It managed to bungle my just applied mascara as well, and that's always fun to fix. I have to admit that I'm surprised this hadn't happened to me sooner though.

Oh no! Hope your eyes were closed lol. I'm glad I keep my perfumes in a different area or I am sure I would have done the same eventually Smiley Very Happy 

Ah I bungled my mascara this morning as well! Except I didn't notice until I was already at the office and I can't figure out how to fix it. So now I just have a black swipe down my eyelid. I'm always hopeful that it's not that noticeable, but then I think I usually notice when it's on other people, so.......

It hadn't happened to me in a long, long time. I ordered the 

Neogen DermalogyCanadian Clay Pore Cleanser and got the green gauze pads instead, same brand, different product. What's weird is that on the profile with purchase history it says I ordered the green tea gauze, but I had placed the order on the clay mask, it is really weird. I don't want the pads. What's weirder is that on the slip they include with the items , it states the correct order, the pore clay mask. Also, I didn't get my caudalie offer I had wanted to try out. >_<

@Blackwhiskey

I swear I put the green tea pads on my love list when it first appear on the site. but I checked earlier today to see the canadian clay pore cleanser on my love list but I know I never added it... i just checked my list, and its the clay still :/

actually they're letting me keep the green tea stuff and sending me my clay replacement, yay Smiley Very Happy 

oh and the green tea gauze.. wow! amazing! 

Opening a lipstick to find this Smiley Happy This was the NARS Orgasm lipstick mini promo. I hate touching lipstick with my hands and I'm sure the tip is ruined by now. Others have stated that the bullet feels wobbly even after they push it back in. This is the first time I've experienced this so it's definitely a new pet peeve. 

Oh no! Can CS help in any way regarding damaged on arrival promos?

@myumew  They offered me points and said they can't ship me a new one. Smiley Sad But the thing is I rarely find any rewards that get me to redeem.

One of my top pet peeves is that most products aren't available in a smaller size, and the ones that are are overpriced like crazy. I don't do a full face often so I have never hit pan on any powder products, and I like to have a variety of items so I end up wasting $$$ and products. For a lot of things like blush, bronzer, highlighter etc, I just want to get the small size and it'll last me until it expires. 

For example, I really want to try the Hourglass ambient lighting powder so the travel size would be perfect. 

www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1716414&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap377723

But the full size is .35 oz for $46 and the travel size is .049 oz for $22. It's literally not even 14% of the full size product but it costs half! 

It can still be a better deal even if the cost is higher per oz, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Throwing another $24 at the purchase because the size is bigger is a waste of money if you never actually use that product after all. Then that $24 will sit in a drawer until you guiltily get rid of it one day, and then the $24 will sit in a landfill. 

Buy the smaller size and take yourself to a movie.

Yeah I agree it's a waste of money to buy the full size Smiley Sad In this case though the difference is so big I get mad just thinking about it. I've been waiting for a promo or good set/palette to try out HG instead.