Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'n my frantic obsessive waiting to order Natasha Denona Duo Glow in Alba I forgot to order Illamasqua Deity, now its sold out. 😞  

Image result for all highlighter  meme

Oh no!!!!  It's still available at Debenhams but I think they only ship to the UK? 😞

Being told different stories by my local Sephora. So upsetting. 

Went to my store on Friday, made a $35+ purchase, asked for the rouge-only clutch but apparently they didn't receive it on time. I was told to come back and just ask for one... which I did today, and the cast member at the check out goes to the back to ask her manager, then comes back to tell me that I'd have to make a purchase (and get a mini makeover) to receive the clutch. I already explained the situation that I had already made a purchase, yaddi yadda, and she has the nerve to say that "Oh I would have just given it to you, but you need to make a purchase at the time we give out the clutch." Seriously? I felt like I was talking to a total brick wall! People were lining up, and there were only 3 cast members on the floor to begin with so she was the only person at the check out, soo.. as I didn't want to make a scene I just left, but it totally left a sour taste in my mouth. UGH! 😠

tl;dr if anyone has an extra clutch or is willing to part with one, please let me know. 

@NarNarNarsThat is some serious nonsense... If the promo came late when it was supposed to be in store and they promised you could come back for it and then you did come back for it with a child in tow COME ON! This is just so ridiculous, I hope they realize that a lot of the time little things like that can make the difference between you trying to give the store business and taking your shoping online and as far as I am aware the stores do need/want business because the sales numbers matter.  I think that's bad enough that it warrants a survey entry even if they will know who it is - it doesn't have to be a rude entry but you could gently point that they should have a set policy on these things so as not to give you contradictory information - it's disappointing not to get the promo but it's VERY bad that you had to come back and make a special trip only to be have the info contradicted AND ON TOP OF THAT - have someone invent new conditions for getting the clutch (the mini makeover - I've never seen any promo that requires that and I am sure they know that so I don't know why they are trying to make that happen).

@RoseCharlie This! Thank you for seeing what I was seeing. My job is (well, was) to confront people day and night, mostly in a nice way but sometimes not necessarily so, so I try to avoid any confrontation outside my job, and this occasion was just... ugh. Baby was getting cranky, I was getting cranky, people were lining up, and not enough cast members on the floor-- I just decided that it wasn't worth my time and energy. Still feel the same about the survey. If I were to complain properly I would probably write a whole Odyssey, but I just don't want to bother. Not saying that what I experienced was excusable, but I guess I don't have enough faith in what can be done to improve in-store experiences. But thank you-- knowing that someone understands how upsetting this was is quite a comfort. 🙂 

@NarNarNars Smiley Happy  I totally get that... Sometimes you just feel like going home, having a couple glasses of wine and forgetting about the source of the irritation.  Plus, I do understand feeling it would be a little awkward if there are no other standalone stores in your area.  I think you're totally right I would have been upset, especially since I think Sephora, as a company, values customer service and experience so much that they would never want a manager doing that to a client who had been promised something twice already.  I think it's especially silly since it was a rouge-only gift so right off the bat it establishes that the people who qualify for it are people that actually buy things from the store all the time, I just feel like - what the heck just give a loyal customer the bag already! lol.

@NarNarNars if you're willing to go back to the store, a workaround would be buy the same item you bought last Friday, get the clutch, then return the new item with Friday's receipt. Such a pain though; so sad they're not playing nice 😣

Have the email handy if you don't want them to force a makeover on you too (since they seem to want to)...the terms clearly state only a purchase is required (not a service).

@RGbrown Yeah I could do that, too, but I'm just so fed up at this point that I don't even know if I want to go back to the store in a near future, especially with a(n unpredictable) baby in a stroller. Thanks much for the suggestion!

@NarNarNarsI totally understand not wanting to go back, especially with a little one in tow! I will second @ZombieMetroAnt's other suggestionof completing the survey though, in spite of your objections. Frankly, for them to be telling folks to come back later, but then denying you the gift anyways, it's just s*****. Keep it gentle, but they need to know that this sort of behavior has upset you as a customer and is completely unacceptable. The manager should be aware of the inconsistent behavior going on in his/her store, and a good manager should be willing to fix that. 🙂

@NarNarNars use your secret weapon - the survey at the bottom of your receipt, & share this experience. Mention how inconvenient this was, making multiple trips to the store (and with a stroller! which is no easy task) and for what?  For nothing!

These surveys get read because I know the SAs with the most positive reviews receive special recognition.  And I'm sorry this happened to you Cat Sad  

@ZombieMetroAnt Lil Miss Nemo did not want to cooperate with her mommy today.. that made things a little.. uh, different than usual. Ha! I would totally use the survey, but then 1. it's the only freestanding store in town, 2. they can easily put two and two together and figure out that it's me, and 3. many cast members in the store already know me (and the little one). Funny how it almost feels like a double edged sword! Great suggestion, though- thanks so much! ❤️

So it looks like a bunch of the Marc Jacobs nail polishes have been discontinued...

Image result for mad face gif

This always happens to me. I'll put off buying something because it's "permanent" only to find out it's been discontinued right under my nose. 😞 

@lmi82  same thing just happened to me... I wanted to add a nail polish to my order and found out it was discontinued... It's Models Own Indian Ocean.... I kept putting off buying it so I could add to my following order to get free shipping.

Sally Hansen Let's Get Digital from the Miracle Gel line looks like a dupe. @veronika23

Thanks @Beadshopgirl 🙂 Just looked it up! One pic almost looks like a pale blue with The Magician on top 🙂

Just looked up swatches of that nail polish and holy moly it's beautiful. Why in the world would they discontinue it? 

I hope you'll be able to find a good dupe for it! @veronika23

I don't know 😞  Wish they hadn't. I hate when things just vanish. 😄  Thanks! @lmi82

That explains why Marc Jacobs nail polishes all ended up at Marshall's!

@txcatx WHAT?!

Image result for dramatic close up gif

BRB - heading to Marshall's!

@ZombieMetroAnt The store by my office was putting out the Marc Jacobs nail polishes last Friday, and they had at least a dozen of them. They were mostly gone by Monday!

😂😂😂 @ZombieMetroAnt

4 Replies
testing