Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm sure she has good intentions, but I have to imagine it is difficult for a company that grew this fast to monitor their supply chain's practices and ingredients. Hopefully, they'll get quality under control soon.

Ugh, sorry that happened @Adriadne!   Cat Sad Here's an article that came out today which shows another issue they're having with baby wipes.  My confidence in this company plummeted with their sunscreen drama last year. 

0.JPG

Spoiler
The Honest Company, which was founded by Jessica Alba, creates nontoxic household cleaners, personal care products, and beauty products designed to be safe for the whole family. That's why everyone was so surprised when the company just issued a recall of its baby wipes, due the possible presence of mold.

Christopher Gavigan, the Honest Company's cofounder and chief purpose officer, issued a video statement explaining the recall. "Recently, it came to our attention during routine quality testing that certain lots of our wipes were not meeting our high standards," Gavigan says in the video. "A recent quality audit concluded there is the potential for the presence of mold in certain lots of our wipes, resulting in staining. The aesthetics are unacceptable and we believe any affected products are not likely to cause adverse health consequences."

Gavigan notes that the type of mold that could develop on the wipes can be found on citrus plants, such as oranges, and that the Honest Company decided to voluntarily recall the wipes out of "an abundance of caution." The webpage with Gavigan's statement has a feature allowing customers to enter the lot number (which can be found on the back of the package) to find out if the wipes they have are being recalled.

This is not the first time the Honest Company has been the subject of controversy. In 2015, some customers shared complaints that the brand's mineral-based Honest Company SPF 30 sunscreen did not protect them from sunburn. Last year, a woman sued the company, claiming the company falsely marketed some of its products as free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) when they allegedly do contain SLS. Also, in January 2017, the brand voluntarily recalled its baby powder, stating that the product may have been contaminated with microorganisms, which can cause skin or eye infections.

In his video statement, Gavigan notes that the manufacturing plant that makes the wipes will be implementing enhanced cleaning and testing procedures, sampling requirements, and inspections. "As the father of four young children and the cofounder of Honest, I want to let you know that we take our responsibility to you, our customers, very seriously," said Gavigan.

Wow.  You think you're doing good by your baby and you find out something like this...

@ZombieMetroAnt I agree! I've now had to stop using their sunscreen, their baby powder (which was also voluntarily recalled) and now their wipes for my little one.  I've lost confidence in them too & when that happens with customers, that usually is the beginning of the end for companies.

Wow. Thank you for posting this as I have some of their baby wipes too. It sounds like they really need to get their quality issues worked out. 

When I think to myself that if it were anyone else they'd feel my wrath...😂 He was caught red handed with mommy blocks!  IMG_3553.JPG

How cute! No way you can be mad at that! 🙂 

😄 it's impossible to be mad when he turns around and smiles!  This guy makes me happy even as he pilfers through my treasures.  IMG_9118.JPG

Spoiler

I am sure he'll do better next time! Maybe get to play with the colors:)

teeeee-heeeeee!   He thought they were watercolors!

Thank you everyone for the Mommy Day wishes:). 

Kid's got good taste!

Haha so cute ❤ 

Omg omg not the palettes..... smart boy went right for the palettes LOL...SO ADORABLE 💓 Happy Mothers Day 🙂

What a cutie!! Happy mothers day @heartsmyface!

Oh my goodness he is too precious @heartsmyface! Look at how happy he is haha 😄 He just wanted to play with all the pretty colors 😄

Happy Mother's Day! 

They looked like fun.....sorry mom, LOL!

My toys are more fun, I'll give him that;)

The palettes have been removed from what I thought was a clever storage solution (an old CD rack).  They're now inside 'emergency storage' which is a small empty filing cabinet.  I figure that buys me enough time to figure out something more suitable.

They say kids see and hear everything so I'm guessing he knew exactly where the good stuff was.  Don't be surprised if he happens across them again, LOL!

Happy Mother's Day @heartsmyface!!

"Happens across them". 😄 He will.  

And thank you!  I was fed a pint of ice cream for breakfast! 

@heartsmyface,

A pint of ice cream would always be my first choice!   🙂  Was that your choice for breakfast?

6 Replies
testing