Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@m26430 I have ordered from Colourpop before and they are really slow to ship when there's a sale. When there's a sale, I noticed their turnaround time is about 5 business days before they ship. If you don't get anything by then, I suggest that you email their CS. Hope that helps!

I placed an order on the 5th and just got the shipping info a few hours ago.  Not typical, I placed an order the week before and it shipped the next day

@m26430 unfortunately this is the norm for Colourpop - especially after a sale or a big launch. I placed an order last week and am still waiting on an update so I know where you're coming from.

When your allergies are all out of whack so you can't wear any eye makeup as it would just roll down your face (current status is that I'd love to rip my eyeballs out of my head they itch so bad). Then a co worker comes up to you and asks if you're okay cause you don't look "right." When asked why didn't I look right the coworker (male) said "cause you don't have color on your lids or black stuff around your eyes.

Give him a round of applause for noticing I guess 😛

@niki172 I have itchy allergies too T___T I've been trying to wear eyeshadow more often but then I end up accidentally rubbing that when my eyes get way too itchy. The struggle is real! 

XOXO,
Marieke

So after using my Tom Ford lip balm in Cruise for less than a month, it broke just above the base. There's no way to fix it and i'm just really annoyed as I have to de-pot it now 😟

Noooooo! 

So the Tarte Mother's Day Sale just passed and I missed it. I was home all day so I could have snagged one, but I didn't check my e-mail because I thought there was nothing exciting going on... SMH. I keep telling myself that it wasn't worth it, but FOMO!!!

@Melissa136 There's a set up on QVC today that is just under $60 and has some great products, including the new Sex Kitten eye shadow palette, if that's an option for you. Even though the only thing customizable is the foundation shade, I actually prefer the items offered in this set to the build-your-own from the other day. 

For those who are having problems with the website, try cleaning your cookies again. I couldn't even get to BT's home page this week, so I tried cleaning my cookies and it worked 😄 BT is running smooth for me for the first time since the website update.

@DaintyDiva thanks for the tip!  I've been having issues for the last couple days & this actually fixed it all up!!  Heart

I'm glad it worked for you Heart 🙂

When lipstick comes off the corners of my mouth- so annoying!!!!

when products you really want to order during the sale, are only available on the website after the sale.. smh

Anonymous Insider

everybody knows that when you contour or highlight your cheek bones i go to school and i see so many girls with too much makeup and it gets on my nerves IMG_20170405_084856.jpg

Am I the only one that gets annoyed at that little bit of product left at the end. It's too much product to toss but you want the satisfaction of opening up and trying something new. I'm going on 3 different things that just neeeeed to get finished already!

@makeitup305 at that point (this usually happens with skincare for me) I start covering myself head to toe in the product if I can. Sooo bad but I just want to finish it! I try not too anymore, but it's hard. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

I was just searching online for a picture of my drunken nailpolish failure a few years back without success but stumbled across a kickerstarter for a company called Undercover Colors.  They have designed a nailpolish that changes color when dipped into a drink that contains date * drugs.  Seemed like a cool idea at first but then I started thinking about how that only perpetuates a culture of fear and victim blaming.  Plus there's the gross factor of dipping your fingers into your drink. And the assumption that date * drugs are the only way date * happens. 

Anyway, I'm left in a sour mood over this.  

I remember hearing about this when it was first developed. I got really, really sick after something was put in my drink at the bar, so I really like this concept. It's amazing what kind of ideas people come up with. But it's sad that there's even a need for such a product. 

I remember hearing about this a little while ago. Interesting concept (I don't think it's a bad thing to provide people with tools to help them protect themselves), but I'm kind of a germophobe and could not bring myself to dip my fingers in my drink. 😐 I'd just rather not drink anything.

I also agree that it's very sad we even need such a thing. 

Take a straw or stirrer, put it in your drink, hold your finger down on the top of the end that sticks out. The suction will hold the liquid in your straw as you pull it out of your drink as long as you keep your finger over the end. Position the other end of the straw over your nail and then take your finger off to let the liquid out. 

I would probably purchase this for big events as a precaution since you never know who you will interact with at those. I imagine I would only need a small strip of their polish. 

I have had several occasions where a drink is handed to me and I don't know who gave it to me, so I don't drink it. Some people get really offended by that, and I feel weird explaining why I won't drink it.

testing