Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Melissa136 There's a set up on QVC today that is just under $60 and has some great products, including the new Sex Kitten eye shadow palette, if that's an option for you. Even though the only thing customizable is the foundation shade, I actually prefer the items offered in this set to the build-your-own from the other day. 

For those who are having problems with the website, try cleaning your cookies again. I couldn't even get to BT's home page this week, so I tried cleaning my cookies and it worked 😄 BT is running smooth for me for the first time since the website update.

@DaintyDiva thanks for the tip!  I've been having issues for the last couple days & this actually fixed it all up!!  Heart

I'm glad it worked for you Heart 🙂

When lipstick comes off the corners of my mouth- so annoying!!!!

when products you really want to order during the sale, are only available on the website after the sale.. smh

Anonymous Insider

everybody knows that when you contour or highlight your cheek bones i go to school and i see so many girls with too much makeup and it gets on my nerves IMG_20170405_084856.jpg

Am I the only one that gets annoyed at that little bit of product left at the end. It's too much product to toss but you want the satisfaction of opening up and trying something new. I'm going on 3 different things that just neeeeed to get finished already!

@makeitup305 at that point (this usually happens with skincare for me) I start covering myself head to toe in the product if I can. Sooo bad but I just want to finish it! I try not too anymore, but it's hard. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

I was just searching online for a picture of my drunken nailpolish failure a few years back without success but stumbled across a kickerstarter for a company called Undercover Colors.  They have designed a nailpolish that changes color when dipped into a drink that contains date * drugs.  Seemed like a cool idea at first but then I started thinking about how that only perpetuates a culture of fear and victim blaming.  Plus there's the gross factor of dipping your fingers into your drink. And the assumption that date * drugs are the only way date * happens. 

Anyway, I'm left in a sour mood over this.  

I remember hearing about this when it was first developed. I got really, really sick after something was put in my drink at the bar, so I really like this concept. It's amazing what kind of ideas people come up with. But it's sad that there's even a need for such a product. 

I remember hearing about this a little while ago. Interesting concept (I don't think it's a bad thing to provide people with tools to help them protect themselves), but I'm kind of a germophobe and could not bring myself to dip my fingers in my drink. 😐 I'd just rather not drink anything.

I also agree that it's very sad we even need such a thing. 

Take a straw or stirrer, put it in your drink, hold your finger down on the top of the end that sticks out. The suction will hold the liquid in your straw as you pull it out of your drink as long as you keep your finger over the end. Position the other end of the straw over your nail and then take your finger off to let the liquid out. 

I would probably purchase this for big events as a precaution since you never know who you will interact with at those. I imagine I would only need a small strip of their polish. 

I have had several occasions where a drink is handed to me and I don't know who gave it to me, so I don't drink it. Some people get really offended by that, and I feel weird explaining why I won't drink it.

I think it's worth mentioning that it doesn't necessarily have to be an alcoholic beverage or while you're out.  I was given orange juice one night by one of my friends new friends at my place, and wasn't told it was spiked until I had finished it.  I didn't believe them until I suddenly felt very drunk.  I was pissed at their so called "joke".   Way to lose my friendship. 

I think the nailpolish would work in stereotypical scenarios but doesn't exactly translate to real life scenarioes too well.  

@heartsmyface Wow! That's terrible! It's one of those things that may be funny in movies, but is quite terrifying in real life. Yeah, the polish is definitely for a small group of possible scenarios. And NOT something to rely on. 

Maybe this isn't a pet peeve so much as an unfortunate incident since it has only happened once...Today I put more time into my hair than I normally do; hair mask, styling cream, blow dry. Then I started curling and got half way done when my curler died!!! I have curled sides and straight in the back. A curl mullet if you will

@playingdressup I don't know why I laughed so hard at the word "curl mullet" but I am sorry this happened to you! Did you end up getting a new curler?

More Ulta pet peeves. 

I did a return and the SA created a NEW rewards acct under my phone number. So now of course my points are all messed up and in two places. 

Extremely rude. How can you create an acct for me without my consent? 

Anonymous Insider

So... I might be breaking up with Ulta. 

I called this morning to find out if there was any ETA regarding the UD Basquiat Vault. The first rep that I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about so when that conversation ended, I called back.  The second rep told me that the stock hadn't come in yet and he wasn't sure if it would but when/if it does, it will go on the website.

Then at lunch I see that trendmood has posted that the Vault is available... for people who managed to put it in their favorites before it disappeared from the website hours before the scheduled launch.  Then there were some elated comments from people who could access it and confusion from those (like me) who couldn't see it even with the link.

So I called customer service again.  "Oh that's just a rumor, nothing is available, we don't know when it'll be available, it's a website glitch that we've alerted our tech people to. yadda yadda yadda" "Um," I say, "it's not a rumor, people have posted pictures of their order confirmations."  "No, it's absolutely a rumor but some of our stores have this [online only] item." Riiiiiiiight.

Then on the train home, I see this Ulta Beauty post on TwitterScreen Shot 2017-05-02 at 7.39.59 PM.png

Confuse me?  I thought there was still a delay. I thought that the stories of vaults purchased earlier were "rumors".

So, because I'm a hunter and obsessive, I call again.  And the Ulta rep tells me that it hasn't launched, they don't know when it will launch and no one has actually purchased the vault, maybe they are just seeing it in their carts from the [nonexistent] time when they were able to put it there.  "Nope," I say "your twitter just completely contradicts what you just said."  And as I went back to twitter so that I could tell her which tweet I was referring to:

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 7.37.31 PM.png

"oh" says the rep, "let me check with someone, I only know what I was told..."  Then she comes back to confirm that yes, there was a launch of 50ish vaults and they are all gone and none of the higherups at Ulta thought to tell the CS reps so that they wouldn't be giving false information all day. 

Argh!

TL;DR WTF Ulta, that Basquiat Vault Launch was horrendous.

Thanks for letting me rant

Dear Ulta,

It's just super that you only mailed out one of the shampoos in my order when my invoice clearly stated I purchased two. It's just mighty swell you didn't even state a split up of my order. Nope, instead you just had some random warehouse fulfillment employee who didn't quality control and thus caused my order to be missing a product entirely.

-_-

Had to send an email to Ulta's CS team. 

I've had that happen before; Ulta will make it right! When they shipped out the new one, I seem to recall I got points for it as a "purchase" even though the total for the reshipment was $0. 🙂

testing